HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:02 AM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Yep, its all standard setup as you would for any of 3dhs, PA or EF planes. Actually easier than my PA ADX to put together.
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:20 AM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
Subscribed
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:48 AM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
long leng.

The weight of the plane I notice a little bit compared to a 1200g plane.

The Dean guys ran the much heavier motor and esc than me so I'm still perplexed how he got his weight lighter than me.

I'm using HS85MG on the elevator, HS65MG on the rudder, MG14's on the ailerons.

Maybe the 85MG in the elevator contributes to the cg being more towards the tail.

I'm sure the other things I discussed will just need me to adjust to the plane rather than it being a bad plane.

Certainly handles a lot of violent stick work yesterday without too much complaining.
Rog, I think Dean ran a 2200mAh Nanotech which may be lighter than a 2200mAh 40c Turnigy
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Last edited by xzuberance; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
I just spoke with Michael Wargo and he is at the field. The latest update is that he really like it. I got some picture of my built and like everybody knows I put together this airplane overnite. Im going to include my personal opinion about HK Slick.
MrRican is offline Find More Posts by MrRican
Last edited by MrRican; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:13 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRican View Post
I just spoke with Michael Wargo and he is at the field. The latest update is that he really like it. I got some picture of my built and lke everybody knows I built this plane overnite.
Hi Vince -

As I guess you have build a lot of MW's planes, what is your overall impression of the design, rigidity are there plus points and negatives that you can throw light on with regard to the build quality and general build of this plane...

Thanks
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
My biggest consern was the rear end. Built quality its ok for the price. The Rudd and elev mount wall is to soft. I added epoxy and CA to motor box to provide rigidity. Mike's Slick are spinning NTM Prop Drive 42-38 with a VOX 1 and produce around 3.05 Kg of thrust. One more thing that I would change is the landing gears for carbon fiber. Servos needs longer arms, sepecially elevator Overall the airplane was easy to built, Mike is very happy and impressed with the performance. No wing rockking.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,284 Posts
hey Vince, what servos and battery are being run? Any problem getting CG?
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:18 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,303 Posts
How did the 42-38 motor fit within the cowl? HK is recommending 35-48 motors which are 10 mm longer. Did you have to use spacers to get the prop outside the cowl or is HK recommending motors that are technically to long to fit?
creapyd is online now Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
My biggest consern was the rear end. Built quality its ok for the price. The Rudd and elev mount wall is to soft. I added epoxy and CA to motor box to provide rigidity. Mike's Slick are spinning NTM Prop Drive 42-38 with a VOX 1 and produce around 3.05 Kg of thrust. One more thing that I would change is the landing gears for carbon fiber. Servos needs longer arms, sepecially elevator Overall the airplane was easy to built, Mike is very happy and impressed with the performance. No wing rockking.
I may have missed the post but, if you can, please inform as to servos, motor, esc, and percentage throw for the ail, elev and rudd. Thanks.

Btw, can the rudd and elev mounting wall be re-enforced easily to make it stronger?
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
hey Vince, what servos and battery are being run? Any problem getting CG?
Well Mike still at the field. I used the HK 929 servos for aile. and Turnigy TGY-2216mg. for rudd and elev. For battery he used a turnigy nano-tech 4s 2200mha 45c. he already flew the slick and last night we checked the cg with the 2200 4s and balanced perfect. You still have plenty room to play with.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
My biggest consern was the rear end. Built quality its ok for the price. The Rudd and elev mount wall is to soft.
Can you elaborate? Maybe some pictures when you can? Did you add epoxy to strengthen it?

Thanks
Vincent
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd View Post
How did the 42-38 motor fit within the cowl? HK is recommending 35-48 motors which are 10 mm longer. Did you have to use spacers to get the prop outside the cowl or is HK recommending motors that are technically to long to fit?
I had no problem with the cowl. The ony problem I had was the motor mount. I had to modified. I took mesurement of the motor mount, cutted two pieces of 1/16 of ply, expoy it together glue it to the back of the motor mount and drill new holes.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:38 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,303 Posts
When you say you modified the motor mount, was this to extend it? shorten it? or make it wider?
creapyd is online now Find More Posts by creapyd
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:40 AM
Joined Feb 2011
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
Can you elaborate? Maybe some pictures when you can? Did you add epoxy to strengthen it?

Thanks
Vincent
y

I had worked with Michael's PA, Twisted Hobbies, HK,etc, and I alway use expoxy where the motor box connect to the firewall, in and outside. Also CA to all the joint.
About the pictures, yes, I have some pictures of my built. I been busy responding to all your questions. I had plans to post them today but it going to take me a wild.
Last edited by MrRican; Feb 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Mar 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
y

I had worked with Michael's PA, Twisted Hobbies, HK,etc, and I alway use expoxy where the motor box connect to the firewall, in and outside. Also CA to all the joint.
About the pictures, yes, I have some pictures of my built. I been busy responding to all your questions. I had plans to post them today but it going to take me a wild.
I was refering to your comment about the rudd and elevator mount wall being too soft.

Thanks
Vincent
vhuang168 is online now Find More Posts by vhuang168