HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:30 PM
Registered User
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Roberts View Post
My CG is at 202. I guess I put too much Goop in the battery compartment and on the nose so I had to add three nails into each side of the rear of the wing, which balanced it out @ 202. Planning to maiden this afternoon if the South Alabama thunderstorms will cooperate. What about a glide test in my yard?. On the Popwing, is that a good test of reflex?
I have followed your posts at the AXN thread a little bit.
Did you get the AXN successfully in the air?

Were you satisfied with the AXN?

Try the glide test in your yard if this makes you more confident.
Measure your COG several times to get sure.
SilbernerSurfer is online now Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:37 PM
Registered User
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Roberts View Post
Here is a video of the Elevon movement I have working? Just wondering if the movement looks correct? I am concerned about the movement when two stick functions are selected at the same time such as up/right? thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Pv...ature=youtu.be
Tried it with my Z-84. Looks like the same as in your vid.

Seems your reflex is ok.
SilbernerSurfer is online now Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 07:14 PM
flyvertigo
Orlando FL
Joined Aug 2009
452 Posts
mini popwing to spin with massive throws

Updated

RC Mini Pop Wing Spin til you Puke (4 min 4 sec)


RC Mini Pop Wing - How to make it flat spin (3 min 37 sec)
flyvertigo is offline Find More Posts by flyvertigo
Last edited by flyvertigo; Jul 20, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
I have followed your posts at the AXN thread a little bit.
Did you get the AXN successfully in the air?

Were you satisfied with the AXN?

Try the glide test in your yard if this makes you more confident.
Measure your COG several times to get sure.
The weather has been really bad for flying, so no maiden yet. Rain every afternoon when I have time to test.
257Roberts is offline Find More Posts by 257Roberts
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 08:46 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
Tried it with my Z-84. Looks like the same as in your vid.

Seems your reflex is ok.
Thanks good to know, I did take out about half of it and will test.
257Roberts is offline Find More Posts by 257Roberts
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:42 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2009
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 257Roberts View Post
My CG is at 202. I guess I put too much Goop in the battery compartment and on the nose so I had to add three nails into each side of the rear of the wing, which balanced it out @ 202. Planning to maiden this afternoon if the South Alabama thunderstorms will cooperate. What about a glide test in my yard?. On the Popwing, is that a good test of reflex?
Just my 2 cents...I would find a way to balance it without adding ballast. You could move the esc to the top and slide it back a little. There are a few pics of it in these threads. I have done it on a 900mm and a mini. Keeps the esc in the airflow. Or you could just fly it like you have it for a while. I'm sure it will fly just fine. Hope the weather clears up for you. Looking forward to the maiden report.
JMVT is offline Find More Posts by JMVT
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2011
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVT View Post
Just my 2 cents...I would find a way to balance it without adding ballast. You could move the esc to the top and slide it back a little. There are a few pics of it in these threads. I have done it on a 900mm and a mini. Keeps the esc in the airflow. Or you could just fly it like you have it for a while. I'm sure it will fly just fine. Hope the weather clears up for you. Looking forward to the maiden report.
I'm not sure short of moving the battery backwards or moving it to the top of the wing would be enough to keep from having to add the weights. I have embedded the nails in the rear of the winglets on the side. 6- eight-penny nails shouldn't weigh enough to affect performance that much, would you think? Or maybe so.. I will try to fly it and see what happens. If it won't fly, it won't be the first time I have had to re-do something. I will post back once the weather clears, maybe this afternoon, since we have already had the "Texas Toad Strangler" already today.
257Roberts is offline Find More Posts by 257Roberts
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Techone models?? lectroglide Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 Aug 07, 2011 01:54 PM
Sold Techone Energy EPP Foamy Wattsup23 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 9 Mar 31, 2011 03:28 AM
Sold Techone Piaget 3D EPP New in box $45 shipped! Lindy757 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Mar 17, 2011 11:01 PM
Discussion TechOne F3P??? cglynn Indoor Pattern/F3P 6 Mar 11, 2011 01:24 PM
Question techone malibu 2 or techone aeolus? genesis96 Indoor Pattern/F3P 16 Jan 19, 2011 01:02 PM