SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 05, 2014, 05:55 AM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Discussion
"Beginner 450" heli!

Hello guys!
my honeybeey cp2 is strange and my transmitter got broken so i dont wanna put time into that and i wanna buy a new one instead.

i can hover with this before it got broken but thats about it

now i want a good 450 heli, i dont need any expensie ALIGN cuz i will prolly crash it anyway

whats good "decent" rtf 450? also would be good if there is any european dealers since i live in sweden.

i found this kds innova: http://www.ready2fly.com/pi/en/KDS-Innova-450SD4.html

and this: http://www.megamods.se/RC-Helikoptra...Pro-24Ghz-RTF/

thanks guys!
/Anders
Anders_R is offline Find More Posts by Anders_R
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2014, 10:42 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Get a flybarless model, if you can afford one. They are a lot nicer to work on and have less parts to break.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 05, 2014, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Ahh okey mate, u know any decent ones?
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:18 PM
United States, CA, Gilroy
Joined Mar 2014
47 Posts
Blade 450x. Ultimate hobbies.
ricochet45 is offline Find More Posts by ricochet45
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I don't know what is available in Sweden. But CopterX has a nice flybarless model. You are going to want a good, programmable Tx as well. Again, I have no idea what's good in Sweden.
Old Apr 05, 2014, 01:26 PM
Joined Mar 2012
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_R View Post
Ahh okey mate, u know any decent ones?
You know, RTF is really not the way to go. The correct thing to do with a RTF is to take it apart to check if it was assembled correctly with threadlocker and all which makes it double the work. Like you have stated you know you will crash, if you build it yourself it will be much easier to repair.
volumax is offline Find More Posts by volumax
Old Apr 05, 2014, 03:09 PM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Ahh okey i thought it was good to start with rtf kit. i dont need to buy it in sweden Balr14 europe works good aswell i got aurora 9X for my airplanes. but wanna learn to fly helis aswell :P

wich are good "KIT" then? Align is kinda expensive i think cuz im a newb
Old Apr 05, 2014, 03:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,292 Posts
HI mate look at KDS 450 qs or copterx i have the angel it flys really nice and stable , you can get both as kit or RTF both have good transmitters
http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai..._shopping_feed
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-4ghz-rtf.html
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-cartoned.html
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Apr 05, 2014, 04:51 PM
Flying a recreational vehicle!
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,018 Posts
i second the copterx Black angelmine flew perfect right out of the box, no adjustment was needed. if you want a kit, they come that way as well. if you're getting one from ehirobo it's $99, also while you're there, check out fusonic metal gear digital servos for the cyclic, they work very well. used to be 7.99, now 9.99 still very good and reliable. holtneil runs emax and says they're awesome too, a little cheaper as well. i don't have any experience with 'em, so maybe my next purchase willl be those

for flybarless CX3x1000 works fine, it doesn';t fly for you, but handles winds very well. i don't think they're available now, they switched to 3x2000, i never tried newer one...
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Apr 06, 2014, 04:46 AM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Thanks alot guys! ye i was looking at the kds450qs seems nice gonna email ehirobo and see if they ship to sweden hehe
Old Apr 06, 2014, 04:47 AM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
i second the copterx Black angelmine flew perfect right out of the box, no adjustment was needed. if you want a kit, they come that way as well. if you're getting one from ehirobo it's $99, also while you're there, check out fusonic metal gear digital servos for the cyclic, they work very well. used to be 7.99, now 9.99 still very good and reliable. holtneil runs emax and says they're awesome too, a little cheaper as well. i don't have any experience with 'em, so maybe my next purchase willl be those

for flybarless CX3x1000 works fine, it doesn';t fly for you, but handles winds very well. i don't think they're available now, they switched to 3x2000, i never tried newer one...
did u buy the copter rtf or?
Old Apr 06, 2014, 08:25 AM
Flying a recreational vehicle!
Greenland, Qaasuitsup
Joined Apr 2013
2,018 Posts
yep, it was RTF. from ehirobo.com. the two things that could have been better was the battery. it comes with 15C battery and the servos, which worked fine by the way. they were analog and regular nylon gear/ on my first tip-over both got stripped. i mean don't get me wrong, they fly alright, it's just that digital metal geared one's are better.

overall i was really glad with the heli. if i was getting one now....i'd probably build one from a kit and separate components, but back at the time i had no clue what goes where and RTF just fit the bill!
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Apr 06, 2014, 11:19 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
I always liked CopterX. I used their parts many times to upgrade cheap clones. I don't know if they are still the same quality they were 5 years ago, but those models seem to come with reasonable stuff for the price.
Old Apr 06, 2014, 04:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,292 Posts
HI mate eHIROBO have a sale on the kits are cheap but they do a RTF angel DFC for 224 you cant get the rtf heli from uk warehouse but they do the kits they are not hard to build manual is good , if you go kit get the electronics pack so it works out cheaper this will give you the 3x2000 gyro which is 200 times faster than the 3x1000 and software is upgradable too, look in the servo section they are doing metal gear digital servos by emax in the sale , they are really nice , one thing i did find is the carbon fibre blade with flames on are 60g and this makes the heli so very stable and smooth in flight , the normal carbon blades it comes with are 50g , they are still nice blades , there are so many angels to look at 2 bladed 3/4/5 bladed
The angel is lighter then the copterx 450 pro and are slimmer , i am fitting a new angel into my scale airwolf which copterx makes too ,
buy the lead to plug gyro into pc makes set up so much faster ,but really there is no problem with the kits , it really up to you but i would try and buy from eHIROBO they are the cheapest
my boy got one from nitrotek uk , what they do is take eveything out of the case and then sell it all as add ons even the stickers cost him so stay clear , also if you can find it cheaper eHIROBO will match the price so its a win win
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-cartoned.html
or the newest one
http://www.ehirobo.com/rc-helicopter...-4ghz-rtf.html
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Last edited by holtneil; Apr 06, 2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2014, 08:52 AM
Joined Feb 2013
221 Posts
Thx for the answer mate! whats the diff on those 2? the newest one was cheaper ?

edit: i got an good Radio Hitec aurora 9X is it better to go kit then?