HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2014, 01:32 PM
Another one bites the Dust
United States, GA, Savannah
Joined Mar 2013
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoe View Post
Is it worth getting and how can we get one in the US.
Also. Tower hobbies and atomikrc.
shadowolfs is offline Find More Posts by shadowolfs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 03:40 PM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Is it worth getting and how can we get one in the US.
I think he was refferring to the case guys... rumor has it that Atomik is coming out with a carry case specially for the DF with one of their excellent Kudu cases:

http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/bags-cases

When they announce I will let y'all know
Windward RC is offline Find More Posts by Windward RC
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:35 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
DF carrying case

Here is the case atomic is selling, $150 och!. Is there anyway to order the Joysway one in the US or do you think Atomic would do a group order for us. Anyone interested in a case.
mshoe is offline Find More Posts by mshoe
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:56 PM
RB
Joined Nov 2012
118 Posts
DF Carry Case / Field Stand

cost about $25
R Baker is offline Find More Posts by R Baker
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:38 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Baker View Post
cost about $25
$25 For you maybe. It would take me 3 years and 3 thousand dollars in wood to make that !
mshoe is offline Find More Posts by mshoe
Old Dec 19, 2014, 01:58 PM
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Here is the case atomic is selling, $150 och!. Is there anyway to order the Joysway one in the US or do you think Atomic would do a group order for us. Anyone interested in a case.
Those are really high-end travel cases and on the pricey side. Atomik says they are Specking out a case similar to the ones I have for the DJI phantom which should be competitively priced according to them.

It will have custom cut foam and other features that will make it really nice

They have lots of manufacturing contacts in China and it should be done within the next 30 to 60 days
Old Dec 19, 2014, 02:19 PM
Boomer1
United States, CA, Temecula
Joined Sep 2009
3,562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windward RC View Post
Those are really high-end travel cases and on the pricey side. Atomik says they are Specking out a case similar to the ones I have for the DJI phantom which should be competitively priced according to them.

It will have custom cut foam and other features that will make it really nice

They have lots of manufacturing contacts in China and it should be done within the next 30 to 60 days
Wow! To get anything out of China that fast would be amazing. Once these items are made then they have to ship them here, which is with all the customs issues plus the time it takes to get here from there, it is likely to be May or June before they'd be in the U.S.

I worked for a company that had a lot of industrial items made in China before I retired. I guess things can change.

Boomer
Boomer1 is offline Find More Posts by Boomer1
Old Dec 19, 2014, 04:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1 View Post
Wow! To get anything out of China that fast would be amazing. Once these items are made then they have to ship them here, which is with all the customs issues plus the time it takes to get here from there, it is likely to be May or June before they'd be in the U.S.

I worked for a company that had a lot of industrial items made in China before I retired. I guess things can change.

Boomer
They are already importing these cases, and just need to change some of the dimensions, but yeah Boomer, I'm just reporting what they told me

Probably something similar in specs and price to this:
http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...m-2-alloy-case
Last edited by Windward RC; Dec 19, 2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: added info
Old Dec 19, 2014, 07:22 PM
Chasing Yellow Pinkie
United States, MI, Grosse Pointe Farms
Joined May 2002
341 Posts
Another great case for the DF is a Double Bow case like this:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...-Case&i=445072

It has room for sails in the top, with the radio and the boat with rudder installed and keel removed in the bottom.

I have pics of it somewhere.

The other awesome case for the DF, but no room for sail is a 450 class EXI heli case - http://www.hobbypartz.com/exialhecacap.html

SS
SecretSquirrel is offline Find More Posts by SecretSquirrel