United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Not as many flights as you have but for me so far also no servo issues
Mine is two or three months old with a fair amounts of flights on her
So far so good
I beleive you....reposted vid cause i fly so close to camera that if there was a issue u would see and here it.......just lucky so far
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Last edited by dalecheek1; Dec 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:01 PM
Professional RC Crash Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
477 Posts
I've replaced all of my servos at least once, some twice on my VA. Well over a thousand flights but they are all hard flights. Full throttle 90% of the time and crazy stick movements. Friends can't believe that the wings have survived my out of control flying. I've been flying for about 9 years and can't remember any plane that is as much fun and enjoyable as the VA.
eghershey is offline Find More Posts by eghershey
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:35 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eghershey View Post
I've replaced all of my servos at least once, some twice on my VA. Well over a thousand flights but they are all hard flights. Full throttle 90% of the time and crazy stick movements. Friends can't believe that the wings have survived my out of control flying. I've been flying for about 9 years and can't remember any plane that is as much fun and enjoyable as the VA.
I agree.......i do fly a tad softer......ha ha ha
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Canada, ON, Appin
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
I am having a real jittery rudder on my Sukhoi and my VA has an elevator that gets the jitters when I crack the throttle wide. I am going to replace the servos but with which ones, the planes do not have a lot of flights on them, like 50 maximum for sukhoi and probably 15 for the VA, will this servo work and is it going to be any better than then original?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Any one else have a good replacement they could recommend for me to use?
ace7938 is offline Find More Posts by ace7938
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
Huck'in Addict
United States, FL, Crestview
Joined Feb 2014
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace7938 View Post
I am having a real jittery rudder on my Sukhoi and my VA has an elevator that gets the jitters when I crack the throttle wide. I am going to replace the servos but with which ones, the planes do not have a lot of flights on them, like 50 maximum for sukhoi and probably 15 for the VA, will this servo work and is it going to be any better than then original?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Any one else have a good replacement they could recommend for me to use?
Are u wide open throttle in 3D mode on the VA? If so, that's normal.
gtzero is online now Find More Posts by gtzero
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
I beleive you....reposted vid cause i fly so close to camera that if there was a issue u would see and here it.......just lucky so far
Yeah five flights with the VA today
flew great
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Yeah five flights with the VA today
flew great
Merry Xmas FoamyBuddy,,,,,,,R ..U...Ready to come and fly your VA in my Pondarossa of a backyard;;;;;;;
Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM
Canada, ON, Appin
Joined Sep 2014
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtzero View Post
Are u wide open throttle in 3D mode on the VA? If so, that's normal.
If I open the throttle up from stopped sitting on the ground holding the pane the elevator flutters, not in 3D mode, I have not had any luck using it on the VA, it will only pitch up to vertical or wildly pitch down in that mode, not flyable at all. I have balanced the prop and it makes no difference. The rudder will occasionally just flip back and forth when it is sitting on the ground. The Sukhoi rudder does it all the time it is on the ground sitting still, prop not turning, like before take off and after landing.

I have no understanding of servo descriptions, if the ones in the link are right or not or if some one could explain how to get the right ones for the plane I would appreciate it. I would rather purchase good quality ones that will last as opposed to replacing them with the same ones that came on the airplane, as I feel they did not last long enough.
ace7938 is offline Find More Posts by ace7938
Old Today, 12:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Merry Xmas FoamyBuddy,,,,,,,R ..U...Ready to come and fly your VA in my Pondarossa of a backyard;;;;;;;

Merry Christmas back at you there Dale
sure man would love to come fly with you and learn some of your 3 D Skills

:-)

In the spirit of the season, and I know I might have posted this here already in pages past but this is one of my favorite videos of the season that I have shot this last few weeks and it fits right into the Christmas occasion

Merry Christmas to all here on the thread, and I hope that Santa brings you guys all of the RC goodies that you are looking for.

Christmas Tree Lighting at Masonic Homes of California Union City Ca 12/4/2014 (3 min 25 sec)
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Today, 01:49 AM
Joined Nov 2012
2,169 Posts
i sure can not compete with your Smoooooth drone flying Skills