Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailslide UK View Post
Hey Chip,
What is the lead time if I wanted the front 2/3 doubled and extra kevalar on the sides from the front to behind the TE of the wing (a little back from the rear of the canopy opening)?

I'm going to gang drive the bling and increase the wing area. The ballast is going in the wings. There will be a fair amount of load where the bling bonds in that needs to be distributed. The extra kevalar on the sides will also tie the servo tray loads into the structure better.
I love that you have openly admitted to having 175 unbuilt kits on this thread but are still conducting negotiations on the next one in public...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:40 PM
Go fast, turn hard
Berkshire, England
Joined Aug 2006
1,202 Posts
It's why the kits don't get built.

Kid in the candy store syndrome.

Maybe I should seek help............

Nah
Tailslide UK is offline Find More Posts by Tailslide UK
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:42 PM
Go fast, turn hard
Berkshire, England
Joined Aug 2006
1,202 Posts
....and you are quite correct. The messages to Chip should have been PM's. I have forgotten my etiquite.

Paul
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:06 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
....and you are quite correct. The messages to Chip should have been PM's. I have forgotten my etiquite.

Paul
There's a little voyeur in everyone one. I don't see anything wrong with chatting it up with Chip in the thread. Much more interesting for the rest of us and I think enlightening as well. Didn't know CR did custom fuses and having that info out here could very well be beneficial to everyone.

Oh, and as long as you keep good records of how much you purchased your kits for and and possibly what the current market value is, I don't see it as anything other than a diversified portfolio, not a problem.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:57 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post

Oh, and as long as you keep good records of how much you purchased your kits for and and possibly what the current market value is, I don't see it as anything other than a diversified portfolio, not a problem.

-Jonathan
I have a whole bunch of slimey stuff that I purchased using that same philosphy.....even some turbines and other jet stuff. Ain't worth s**t now!! Can't even trade it for a used glider!!!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:11 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR View Post
I have a whole bunch of slimey stuff that I purchased using that same philosphy.....even some turbines and other jet stuff. Ain't worth s**t now!! Can't even trade it for a used glider!!!
I didn't realize there was a steep decline in the market value of slime. Whats this turbines thing you speak of? I only speak glider and if it isn't in the glider lexicon,... then you're right, it "ain't worth s**t".

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:54 PM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Hey Chip,
What is the lead time if I wanted the front 2/3 doubled and extra kevalar on the sides from the front to behind the TE of the wing (a little back from the rear of the canopy opening)?

I'm going to gang drive the bling and increase the wing area. The ballast is going in the wings. There will be a fair amount of load where the bling bonds in that needs to be distributed. The extra kevalar on the sides will also tie the servo tray loads into the structure better.

Paul
Sounds impressive Paul,

Most of my Heavy Layups are added glass layers, so let me check on the doubled Kevlar.

We'll take it to PM
chip.greely is offline Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
Go fast, turn hard
Berkshire, England
Joined Aug 2006
1,202 Posts
Quote:
It's why the kits don't get built.
It's also why nothing ever gets sold....

Therapist looks over her glasses and sighs....