SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:55 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foam eater View Post
hi fellow bc folks .anyone in the okanagan area doin fpv?
yup, FPVing all alone here in summerland =)
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 AM
Radian +2.4Ghz FPV = way to go
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
Awsem to see this bc fpv thread. I know so many more local fpv pilots though so its unfortunate that they are not a part of this. I am in richmond BC and have nowhere to fly over but water. I would appreciate if anone could suggest any large fields where I could do fpv or even just fly without having to turn around every 2 seconds.
thank
redodedo is offline Find More Posts by redodedo
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:08 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
Also, if is interested in fpving together sometime then just let me know.
Il post pics of a plane I use soon
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:09 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
Here is an older plane I used for fv before just building my own.

I am selling this frame right now ( with motor, esc, and all servoes) so if anyone thinks they want it then lets make this deal happen.
thanks
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Hey Redodedo, come join us in the canuck thread here, lots of BC people, this thread is mostly dead now

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780063
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:46 AM
Unregistered User
White Rock BC/Blaine WA
Joined Apr 2007
595 Posts
Hey chicken sashimi's I was looking at your YouTube channel; do you guys still fly out on 53rd Ave? This weekend looks like it could be nice weather, what time do you guys generally show up?

Also if there is anyone out near White Rock; I usually fly on 25th Ave just off of 188th St. (Don't let Google Maps satellite view fool you, there isn't a house there anymore it's actually a pretty much brand new road that doesn't go anywhere) There are a bunch of guys that fly out there on weekends and even some week nights but so far I think I'm the only one doing FPV. It's not an official club of any kind but the guys are friendly and it's a pretty good, open flying spot.
liam2317 is offline Find More Posts by liam2317
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:37 AM
Joined Feb 2011
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2317 View Post
Hey chicken sashimi's I was looking at your YouTube channel; do you guys still fly out on 53rd Ave? This weekend looks like it could be nice weather, what time do you guys generally show up?

Also if there is anyone out near White Rock; I usually fly on 25th Ave just off of 188th St. (Don't let Google Maps satellite view fool you, there isn't a house there anymore it's actually a pretty much brand new road that doesn't go anywhere) There are a bunch of guys that fly out there on weekends and even some week nights but so far I think I'm the only one doing FPV. It's not an official club of any kind but the guys are friendly and it's a pretty good, open flying spot.
Hi Liam,
Don't mean to intrude but I'd love to join ya if you're open to having new pilot around. Chicken Sashimi is awesome too and if we could all meet up, well, that would just be awesome!
What is your setup like? Frequency? platform? etc...?
Cheers!
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ
Old Apr 10, 2013, 03:18 PM
Unregistered User
White Rock BC/Blaine WA
Joined Apr 2007
595 Posts
AVIATION_RULZ, that sounds great! The more the merrier.

I'm currently flying a scratch built MultiWii quadcopter, 5.8GHz (ch.4) ImmersionRC for Video, an OpenLRS (435MHz) for RC control, and I've got a pair of HeadPlay Goggles. I have only been flying FPV on the quad for a couple months now and as you know the weather hasn't been awesome so that's really not that much. I'm by no means an awesome pilot with it yet. Really looking forward to summer though!! Hopefully I'll get another FPV setup going; definitely a airplane of some kind this time.

What are you flying?

I've got the day off and the sun is just peaking out so I'm headed down to White Rock beach to fly some gliders on the slope in this great wind we have today.

See ya' around!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Feb 2011
594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2317 View Post
AVIATION_RULZ, that sounds great! The more the merrier.

I'm currently flying a scratch built MultiWii quadcopter, 5.8GHz (ch.4) ImmersionRC for Video, an OpenLRS (435MHz) for RC control, and I've got a pair of HeadPlay Goggles. I have only been flying FPV on the quad for a couple months now and as you know the weather hasn't been awesome so that's really not that much. I'm by no means an awesome pilot with it yet. Really looking forward to summer though!! Hopefully I'll get another FPV setup going; definitely a airplane of some kind this time.

What are you flying?

I've got the day off and the sun is just peaking out so I'm headed down to White Rock beach to fly some gliders on the slope in this great wind we have today.

See ya' around!
That's a pretty cool setup you got there. I've got a FPV raptor with Dragon OSD. Using Dominators as video display. I'm still a bit of a rookie for flying as well. I didn't get your message till much later then when it was posted otherwise I would have come out to the field. Speaking of the field, is it private property? Do we have permission to fly there? How congested is it with interference etc...?

Cheers!
A_R
AVIATION_RULZ is offline Find More Posts by AVIATION_RULZ
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:36 PM
Unregistered User
White Rock BC/Blaine WA
Joined Apr 2007
595 Posts
Which field are you talking about? If you mean 25th Ave then I think it is private property but it's hard to say. There used to be barricades across the road but they have been moved now so you can drive right onto 25th ave. It looks like a real city road (has sidewalks, light poles, etc...) but there is no street sign if I recall correctly so I'm not really sure.

As far as permission goes, I dunno either. I hear the cops don't seem to care (they are more concerned about the guys in 4x4s ripping up the field and people dumping garbage). There are probably a dozen guys that fly there regularly so I wouldn't worry toooo much.

I haven't had any problems with the interference on 5.8GHz or 900MHz at that location. Pretty much everyone there uses Spektrum for RC control with a few guys still on 72MHz. Haven't seen any other UHF/LRS systems there.

No worries, I didn't go flying there tonight anyway, too windy for me today. Probably won't make it tomorrow either as I've got to go into vancity in the evening and Friday looks like it'll be wet. Maybe if the wind dies early enough tomorrow.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:15 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Ok guys, so I finally get one of these Fatshark predator sets and I go out to try it for the first time today. Everything was working awesome when I was out flying except for when I had turned around to fly back. It was early morning and the plane was heading east into the rising sun. The video had suddenly gone darker which I am guessing is because of the sunlight. It was barely visible so I began adjusting the contrast and brightness button but before I knew it my plane had clipped a power line and fell to the ground. Nothing really was damaged and the only thing that happened was that the fpv camera had come unplugged from its wire.
Now I had put everything back together and found the video quality is barely visible and has lots of distortion. Kind of like when your looking for a cleaner channel.
Does anyone have any ideas of what I may have done and possibly what I can do about it now? I can't seem to find anything that appears damaged on the vtx, cables or even the camera.
I only suspect that the collision may have somehow blown the vtx. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Tyia
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:56 AM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
Any image at all?? If you see nothing, ( Iclear picture for even a second ) then I know what's wrong
Old Jun 14, 2013, 01:52 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
I can ever so faintly see the image but it is like the vertical hold is letting go and it is all mostly black and white.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 12:11 PM
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Dec 2012
372 Posts
H'm me ok. I'd say it's ur camera. I say try a new one.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:04 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
923 Posts
Aargh, I hope it isn't the camera. I got another vtx (600mw) and a pair of spironets coming in the mail today. I DON'T have a new camera to try.
But let's say I need a new camera? What would be a nice plug in upgrade for the fatshark system? I do like the stereo sound btw.
Thanks for your thoughts.