SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Thanks, will check that. Need to add DeOxit to my shopping list. Where can it be found?

The MQX motors are too expensive, I am going to order 2 A and 2 B motors for the 929 since they are supposed to be identical. I know they plug in under the covers and they probably won't match so I'll need to mod the MQX to take these new motors. What have you guys done?
Easiest way is to get a v929 BNF ($32 : http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...o-p-46046.html ) and change the main board (and canopy as the mQX one looks better). So you only have to change the plugs on the main board which isn't a big deal.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:50 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
You can find deoxit at most radio shacks and also at some larger music stores like Sam ash and guitar center.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
I'm having difficulty finding any replacement pinion gears.
Closest I've found aer wholesale lots of 3000 plastic gears with too large of a a bore (2mm).
I think the bore on these is <1mm .75mm to be exact.
Plastic/nylon with a tight fit would be ideal.
Rather than trying to get another brass part onto the used motors.
I have no idea how I'd get a new brass part on it without breaking the motor.
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:26 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
And I completely 'ran out' of brass pinion this evening :-(
That blows.
The other 3 are soon to follow.
I'm not sure if there's a way to just change that gear.
I have seen reports of v929 motors' pinions wearing out in similar fashion.
Perhaps its from the same source or the nature of this pinion.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:13 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
What is the range on these?? I swear I went about 200ft straight up....no lose of signal...flew around and then came down very slowly. Awesome!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:36 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
Are you using the rtf transmitter? If so 300 ft is about max range if using something like dx6i then the range is way way further than you'd ever want to fly it.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:59 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Are you using the rtf transmitter? If so 300 ft is about max range if using something like dx6i then the range is way way further than you'd ever want to fly it.
I have a DX6i.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:48 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
At least 1000 ft. Range which would be just a speck at that distance.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
I think RTF TX has same range as a DX6i or similar range.
I'll check TX power next time I have access to an RTF TX.
It's probably going to be 50-100mW which will give you about the same range as the DX6i's 200mW on USA power setting.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:15 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
I think RTF TX has same range as a DX6i or similar range.
I'll check TX power next time I have access to an RTF TX.
It's probably going to be 50-100mW which will give you about the same range as the DX6i's 200mW on USA power setting.
No that's not correct. Not trying to cause any arguments but it has been confirmed on many of HH's products that use the rtf controller that the max range is 300 feet. I know it's a correct fact as many of us using it while flying their micro plane line have had it drop out on us right at that range level. You can't even compare the rtf transmitter range with the dx6i range. It's not remotely even in the same category. I had my champ drop out many times at around a 300 feet or less range while using the rtf tx, but flew it many, many times so far and high in the sky that it was a spec and took a while to try and even get it back to a place where I could even figure out what direction it was going. It was easily way over 1000 feet and never had it drop out once.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
No that's not correct. Not trying to cause any arguments but it has been confirmed on many of HH's products that use the rtf controller that the max range is 300 feet.
You are correct.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
Nope no arguments :-)
I don't have/own any RTF TX devices.
Just purely out of curiosity I'll test the RF output power next time somebody brings one over :-)
Father in law has an RTF mQX I'll test this when I have a chance, and also do a side by side range comparison with my DX6i (sounds like this has been done before).
You never know what you'll shake out, different hardware version different range etc.
The DSM2 chips themselves put out ~4mW of power without an amplifier.
The DX6i most certainly uses an amplifier to get this up to 200mW.
The RTF TXs might just pull it right off the chip @4mW :-)
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:04 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,327 Posts
Would definitely like to hear your readings as it would be interesting to know. I just know what they say and what many of us have experienced, but even with that it would be cool to actually see the numbers and know the science behind it.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
I'm hoping they have a little more power than the bare 4mW..
I noticed people are tearing the RF modules out of RTF transmitters and putting them into Turnigy 9Xs to get DSM2 functionality out of the T9X.
based on all that effort I was expecting some higher level of performance.
Will let you know when I test.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,644 Posts
Let me clarify a little with what I know.

The developer got the mW mapped for the various module during the early development of the DSM2 mod. Including the startup 1's and 0's that set the bit for the power output to conform to each countries regulation if I recall correctly. So those smart fellers really covered a lot of the bases.

Putting a RTF module into a Turnigy radio will not magically make the range more. Without antenna mods, etc. What you gain is 2 additional channels and the programmability of it. In the end, it's still a parkflyer module. Remember, the RTF is MLP4DSM. Stands for Micro Low Power 4 channel DSM technology. It's considered a low power module and is great for the micro helis, micro quads that many of us fly.

Now, if you take the High Power modules from a HP6DSM, DX4e, DX5e...or even a DX6i...then you are going to have about the same range as those radios are rated for. HP6DSM stands for High Power 6ch DSM.

The module inside the HP6DSM is similar to the DX4e, DX5e and DX6i. With the newer revised version in those last three radio having DSMX capability. Which you also retain once inserted into the Turnigy 9x.

Putting a HP6DSM, DX4e or DX5e into the Turnigy makes sense because you gain the programmability and flexibility of the open source firmware. Plus many mCPX and nCPX owner already has the DX4e to hack up.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon