HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat97 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm very new to this hobby and looking forward to a great adventure! I just ordered my V911 last night and anxiously waiting for it. This will be my first RC helicopter or any RC ever. Don't worry I am a fast learner and I have you people to ask for any tips, suggestions and advice. What a way to start I'm posting on page 1000 of 1000!

Bat
It might easier to learn this bird if you move the links to the short balls and the inner hole on the servos.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:07 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefverstraeten View Post
...Maybe there is a possiblitie to invers the throttle on the TX...
It is possible to rearrange the throttle wiring on the PCB.

There are no circuit tracings on the top of the PCB and all changes could be made on the bottom side. I hesitate to explain in more detail as I think that the project should not be undertaken without sufficient tools, knowledge and skill. A person with the sufficient tools, knowledge and skill would also to discover the rest of the project details.

In My Humble Opinion.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 24, 2012, 06:10 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
You can download the eepe file here
Thanks jlk69, I just downloaded and wrote it to the TX but now my 9x won't bind. Guess I'm worse at this than I thought.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Has anyone ever tried using an MSR main motor? I just measured it with some calipers and it is exactly the same size as the Solo Pro 270 motor, which I'm pretty sure is the same size as the stock V911 motor. First I read that the SP 270 motor was an upgrade, then someone said they did it and didn't feel any difference. Maybe the MSR motor is more powerful? I would try this one but unfortunately it has some shotgun damage haha
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:25 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
[QUOTE=bflan2001;23613199]Has anyone ever tried using an MSR main motor?/QUOTE]

I did and It didn't work as well as the stock motor in my y911.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
I did and It didn't work as well as the stock motor in my y911.
Hhhmmm, so maybe the v911 main motor would be an upgrade for the MSR! I will have to test that out when my new v911 motors come in.
Last edited by bflan2001; Dec 24, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Hi Tigger, nice to know you are still around
Thanks for the link, will get some motor from them. Very cheap. That 1 is for tail right ? Do you have link for the main motor as well ? They sell v911 batteries as well I noted.
If in US tmart has the pair. Of motors cheap
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:25 AM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
This info is probably buried in this thread somewhere, but I figured I would post it again to hopefully help out someone like myself...

I have a ton of MSR/MCX2 batteries that I wanted to use in my V911. After experimenting with MSR skids, MCX2 skids and stock new-style skids, I decided it was too much work to convert it. None of them lined up properly. I happened to have some of the older style V911 skids that I ordered by mistake, and finally figured out that you can just clip the wires off them and the MSR batteries fit perfectly and snugly in place. Very simple, easy, and gives you a million more options for batteries. And as a bonus, the older skids are more heavy-duty and look like they can take a beating.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:40 AM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I received a V911 from a customer and have flown it around 6 or 7 times.No crashes,just simple flyin to check her out. (GiantScale) Went to fly and it will not bind at all. Batts. charged and trans batts new. Tried every combo to get it to bind,but nothing! Turn on trans. and it does its beeping, insert batt into heli, heli LED. flickers then just does a steady flash.Nothing. Inserted heli batt first then turn on transm., No bind at all. This heli was pretty nice,besides this problem. Penny for your thoughts guys....
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:44 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,376 Posts
The Bravo sx motor has a little more pep, and fits nicely.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
I received a V911 from a customer and have flown it around 6 or 7 times.No crashes,just simple flyin to check her out. (GiantScale) Went to fly and it will not bind at all. Batts. charged and trans batts new. Tried every combo to get it to bind,but nothing! Turn on trans. and it does its beeping, insert batt into heli, heli LED. flickers then just does a steady flash.Nothing. Inserted heli batt first then turn on transm., No bind at all. This heli was pretty nice,besides this problem. Penny for your thoughts guys....
Often times non binding is caused by a bad crystal, the cylindrical thing near he bottom of the board. They can be replaced, but requires some soldering.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:27 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
Try this.. strange though since it was working before already.

I'm not sure.. But after I I pushed the sticks "down".. yes vertically. I bound a old style Tx to a new style heli.. I had no luck binding before I found the video and pushed down.. I hope that works..
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
It's fixed!! It was the transmitter. The left stick was the culprit,I think there was some really large glue bits impeding the stick's movement. I believe the obstruction was preventing the stick from totally reaching the bottom of throttle position for initializing. Bill
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,774 Posts
Did I mention how much I hate the original plug design? Awful. Requires so much force to insert the battery. It's only a matter of time before I break the heli. I ordered a charger and 2 batts and one batt is bad. I will be junking them and ordering new skids with a new charger and batts. Nice little heli, but my elevator servo is twitchy and bad already. Maybe I should just get another BNF.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:50 PM
RC-flyer
Heist op den Berg / Belgium
Joined Mar 2006
4 Posts
Thanks 2_crash_thumbs but i'm a bit reluctant to do that yet.
But maybe there is another solution, perhaps there are other TX's on the market that would bind with the V911.
jefverstraeten is offline Find More Posts by jefverstraeten