HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Just put it on the credit card
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Jun 2012
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
The V1 and V2 hardware are compatable, the firmware must match though. Your friend would have to have the RX loaded with whatever version of firmware his Transmitter has.

EX: I ordered my V1 in APR2012 and have the first version of the V2 firmware loaded. When I order RX's I have to specify the firmware date for it to work correctly.

Chris
Hi Chris,

How do you check the firmware version on the RX or TX? I understand the firmware on the V1 can not be changed?

John
JaeDubbya is offline Find More Posts by JaeDubbya
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
Work less, fly more!
Australia, WA, Broome
Joined Aug 2012
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohla1 View Post
here in Germany you can get at least one provide information, not only nothing. you pay for something and you only get an email confirmation within a week, the one that has shipping. or if you live in the usa, it takes two days mur. if I buy the stuff in china need 14 days only. it can not be true or. all emails that I've written so far remain unanswered until now I only hear from the other. dL I still get but would like to have a schedule ever since I can plan with not have a lot of patience but my money is working already or elsewhere without it until now was a performance. not bad their attitude they send me a million and I'll pay them back at some point. how should that be only if it is defective times must I wait for 2 years until I get a new. mfg hensel florian
Hello Hensel,
it took about 3 to 4 weeks for both of my systems to arrive in Australia, there is not always a tracking number supplied, but they will turn up and you will be more than happy with the performance.
angry is offline Find More Posts by angry
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:59 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
702 Posts
RE support issues and getting in contact with Mike:

I just got off the phone with Mike, we worked out a new method of supporting everyone a bit better. V1 upgrades ETA is about one week right now, FYI.
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Joined Sep 2010
911 Posts
Chris,

I just sent you a PM. Thank you for the help but the page you sent me to on how to change the CH9/PPM on the V1 9CH did not work. I do have the latest upgrade from Mike; could that make a difference in the changing from PPM to CH9? My project is at a standstill till I can get this worked out.
tom3holer is offline Find More Posts by tom3holer
Last edited by tom3holer; Oct 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeDubbya View Post
Hi Chris,

How do you check the firmware version on the RX or TX? I understand the firmware on the V1 can not be changed?

John
The version would be related to when you bought it. Im not sure if there is another way to look it up. Mike can probably look at them but he would need the full system. Best bet is to wait for the flashing cables to be released, then you can flash the v2 RX to match the others...

Hopefully Mike or Chris can build a spreadsheet of Dates to firmware versions for reference.
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:24 AM
Joined Mar 2008
34 Posts
JettPilot:

Please reply my PM. Your inbox is now full...
BiZARRE is offline Find More Posts by BiZARRE
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:29 AM
Questionable judgement
Charles Town, WV
Joined Jan 2008
3,074 Posts
A label on each tx and rx with firmware version would be handy. Even if its just with a sharpy marker.
bracky72 is offline Find More Posts by bracky72
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:45 AM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnisser View Post
Hello again everyone, today I could try my dragon link successfully with small antenna minimum power exceeding 6km RSSI with 50% in an area with a lot of pollution wave, but I'm so happy I have observed fast cutting power intermittently throughout the flight, I think this is not normal, I've tried with both antennas and different receivers and the result is the same, I leave two videos where you can see the RSSI failure both in flight and at home doing tests using the Ikarus OSD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CfQ_-NNMIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNMUpSYlBuU

appreciate that could help with this as I consider dangerous over long distances.
please help me!!!

JettPilot has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Last edited by carnisser; Oct 24, 2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
A label on each tx and rx with firmware version would be handy. Even if its just with a sharpy marker.
The older ones he use to mark with hieroglyphs that represented what version they were... some had lines some had a C and those are all I have seen... The new ones can be reflashed by the user so he doesnt mark them.

Maybe when they release the firmware and flash information they will release a chart of what firmware is for what date.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
Hello all, I read through many pages on this forum but i cant find my answer. My DL came with 3 antennas, the long coax, and two rubber duck antennas, one short and one long. I know the coax is for the RX but why two rubber ducks? Also, should I fly in low power mode to a certain distance and then switch to high power mode? Thanks for any info
AutoPilotOn is offline Find More Posts by AutoPilotOn
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post
Hello all, I read through many pages on this forum but i cant find my answer. My DL came with 3 antennas, the long coax, and two rubber duck antennas, one short and one long. I know the coax is for the RX but why two rubber ducks? Also, should I fly in low power mode to a certain distance and then switch to high power mode? Thanks for any info
The Antennas are mostly for preference but the larger one will give you more range while the other looks more like a 2.4ghz high gain...

The power modes can be used but if you are going for any range and do not have RSSI, I would recommend flying high power. The low power can help if you are flying in a group. everyone can set theirs to low power to create less interference for the others. I still use a V1 TX that only has high power mode and even with the V2 I would still fly high power for all flights since I often fly behind hills, trees, and buildings.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPilotOn View Post

hello, the two antennas are for the type of flying you want to do, short of serious tx for a flight to medium / short distances and for more serious long range scope for long distances, it independently in tx have a selector power in case you need more extra reach whatever your antenna used, I always fly in low power ground only when necessary and use the high power, note that in high power consumes more battery.
I hope I have helped.
carnisser is offline Find More Posts by carnisser
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:59 PM
Team Basement RC
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2004
430 Posts
Hi All.

In mid summer I ordered a V2 which I love!! But, when I recieved it, the dummy load for the TX was not included in the shipment. When I asked why not, I was told by Mike that it was out of stock. I (we) were also told that for those that recieved a DL system without a dummy load, we could order them for a minimal cost when they finally come in....

SO

Its been several months now. I still do not have a dummy load. How do I go about getting a dummy load cap for my system???

Thanks

I checked the Dragonlink website
max1 is offline Find More Posts by max1
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1 View Post
Hi All.

In mid summer I ordered a V2 which I love!! But, when I recieved it, the dummy load for the TX was not included in the shipment. When I asked why not, I was told by Mike that it was out of stock. I (we) were also told that for those that recieved a DL system without a dummy load, we could order them for a minimal cost when they finally come in....

SO

Its been several months now. I still do not have a dummy load. How do I go about getting a dummy load cap for my system???

Thanks

I checked the Dragonlink website
If mike still has them available, you just paypal him $0.01 and he will ship it off... not sure if he has any though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Sep 2012
45 Posts
Dear Sir or Madam,

I tried emailing Mike (Jettpilot) on rc groups but his inbox appears to be full and not accepting my messages. There are two issues I need help with regarding the new DL system you shipped me.

A dummy load was not included in the shipment. Please provide asap.

Also, the JR XF622 Tx I'm trying to use does not have a removable RF module. That is, the back cover must be removed in order to access the Tx RF module. This RF module has one white connector with three wires in the JR color scheme, Orange, Brown and Red.

When probed with a volt meter, RED lead to RED wire and BLACK lead to BROWN wire, voltage inicated is (-)9.9VDC.

According to your documentation, it is very important to NOT reverse polarity on power supplied to your DL. So I'm wondering what I should follow; the JR wire color scheme or trust my meter?

If I follow the color scheme I'll be connecting orange to orange, red to red and brown to brown and your DL will receive a negative (-) 9.9V.

If I connect orange to orange red to brown and brown to red, your DL will receive a positive (+) 9.9V.

Please see attached photo and advise.

Kindest Regards,
Robert Messner
altidude100 is offline Find More Posts by altidude100