Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
589 Posts
Yippee!
TEX PA-34 Civilian Aircraft Quick Look

New 900mm TEX PA-34 Civilian Aircraft Quick Look (1 min 56 sec)

The PA34 is a twin engine aircraft mainly used by civilians and business personnel. The Tex PA34 is a beautiful scale presentation of the popular aircraft. Twin 1620kv brushless motors power this aircraft that weights approximately 1lb. The twin 3 bladed 7x6 props propel this plane with ease. The tricycle landing gear features a steerable nose wheel to allow easy taxing around the runway. The nose features a cutout for easy access to the front landing gear if it needs any service. The aircraft is constructed of depron foam finished with a fantastic paint job. The wings span 35 inches and the fuselage stretches 30 inches in length. Three 5 gram servos delegate control surfaces and allow this plane to fly like a dream.

This ready to fly version comes with all the electronics installed and a 2.4ghz radio system. Minimum assembly of the plane is required to ready the bird for flight.

RTF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a383-21...4-rtf-24g.html
ARF - http://www.nitroplanes.com/95a383-21812-pa34-arf.html
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:14 PM
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
PA-34 What instructions?

The instructions are wholly inadequate and the assembly is far from easy. You get a half dozens photos and no text. The wires are so short you need tiny fingers to make some connections as you're trying to put the wing on. It is virtually impossible to get the receiver back in the right area. The two long nylon wing "screws" won't hold a peanut butter sandwich together...had to add gorilla glue to the holes. Sorry I bought this one. I also have the larger one and it is a much better experience and model.
RichardV88 is offline Find More Posts by RichardV88
Old Oct 12, 2013, 10:10 PM
Joined Oct 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardV88 View Post
The instructions are wholly inadequate and the assembly is far from easy. You get a half dozens photos and no text. The wires are so short you need tiny fingers to make some connections as you're trying to put the wing on. It is virtually impossible to get the receiver back in the right area. The two long nylon wing "screws" won't hold a peanut butter sandwich together...had to add gorilla glue to the holes. Sorry I bought this one. I also have the larger one and it is a much better experience and model.
I agree the instructions are crap. On that note, if you get one, I recommend the following:

1. put the front landing gear on FIRST. You really need to find a picture, but here goes, remove front compartment (held on by magnet), remove small set screw from front landing gear, note that it engages against a flat surface on the tubular shaft.

Slide the top part of the gear off and then insert the landing gear assembly into the body of the plane. Turn the gear so the flat part on the shaft faces you and try to get the top part of the gear on that connects to the rod (easier if you use small needle nose pliers instead of your hands) and then tighten the set screw. Now rotate the landing gear 180 degrees so the screw side is closer to you and the opening of the plane. Loosen top set screw (the big chrome one) and insert the rod from the servo - IT MAY (seem to) BE TO SHORT - if the rod does not reach, loosen the set screw near the server (remember, if you did this step first, your wing is OFF so you don't have to take that all apart again like I did) and slide the rod forward slightly and tighten the screw. Finally, slide the rod in the front assembly, make sure the rear tail is absolutely straight, place the front wheel facing forward and tighten the chrome set screw.

Time without even crappy instructions: 2 hours

Time with ball park instructions above without pictures? 15 minutes

2. There is absolutely no clue how the *&*&^% wires hook up and I did it wrong first time out. First off, some of my wiring was wrapped around the control rods going to the back of the plane. I carefully unplugged one at a time from the wireless receiver, untangled it all, and plugged the two plugs back into the receiver (making sure the brown wires all aligned on the same side). What you are NOT told is that the connector that is bundled on the bottom of the wing needs to be untangled from the batter connector cord and feed up and through the wing and connected to the receiver - I guess that had to be the battery connector and placed it there (aligning the brown to match all the other browns on the same side). I think there was another wire that was color matched to the connector - sorry I did not pay more attention to that one but I think it was clear. The one not clear (and zero mention of any of this in the crappy instructions) was the wire from the wing to the receiver. Again, you now have a clue, so you won't spend hours just looking at it.

3. Finally, I put the controller in the little nook in the wing (right or wrong if that is a good place for it - I might go back and velcro it to the roof so it is up high and near a window vs down in the body foam) and then put a piece of small cardboard in to wedge it in place.

I understand production changes, but the instructions are not even ballpark, they mention NOTHING of any of these steps.

I think this plane is a steal and now that I know how to put it together, I am going to order two more.

Mike
IBAFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IBAFlyer