HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gavinxman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
For Sale
Armattan 375

1st : Armattan 375 . It will have 3 extra arms and 1 extra motors and 3 complet sets of Props . The quad has been crashed but the arms bend and some guys I guess just straighten the arms out but I replace The arm with a new one . One motor shaft was bent and I ordered 2 extra motors and it will have the bend shat motor replaced with a new motor . It will fly nice when I change the motor and replace the bend arm , . It will also have a bag of extra nylon landing studs and other nylon parts . I'd suggests making a better landing gear unless your very good at fkying quads and even if you ate these quads are way over powered with 3 times as much motor thats needed 2600kv !!!1050 would be more than enough but there built for performance and they will sure do that lol. They are super fast and I'd rather just build something less crazy . I've only seen 1 or 2 guys that can fly these quads for what they were built to do. Chris the builder can do amazing things with them but most of the guys I see that have them just fly around kinda easy because as I said there way over powered for what we want. I suggest changing motors to 1050 kv and having fun and it would still have plenty of power but if you want to fly 100mph and do it in 2sec then leave the 2600kv motors on but I'll warn you now the slightest stick movement unless you dial down the stck scaling like I did to 10 or 15 it's going to get away from you . Even at 10-15 it still gets crazy with me and I've been flying a 450 with kk2 and a 550 with naza and never crashed them hard but this thing is a best as decribed in the Armattan thread . The frames are strong and can be straighten back out with your hand like I did with the center plates but the arms I just replace because it's easier to fly if all parts and arms are straight . So it will be perfect when you get it and will be flying like it should with extra parts Because as I said unless your very good at flying a quad with 4 times the power that's needed then you will crash lol . That was my mistake I did not realize that theyvhad that much motor and I thougt I could calm it down with stick scaling but the motors will always have 2600kv and you can't stop that lol. If it doesn't sale ill change motors to 1050 and have fun without crashing lol. I'll take $150 for it within all extra parts and it will have a new arm and a new motor on it when you get it and 1 spare motor and 3 spare arms Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353174894.149838.jpg
Views: 131
Size: 114.6 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353174925.026716.jpg
Views: 110
Size: 111.0 KB
Description: Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353174942.203928.jpg
Views: 96
Size: 99.0 KB
Description: this is the bad motor and arm and will be replaced . No rx or batteries $150 + shipping with all extra parts . You read all my post and I had a lot of issues getting it fkying but that was mostly the pos defected 9x TX I was trying to us and then by the time I figured out why It crashed in me 2 times I'd bent a shaft on that one motor and did not know it and do I thought I had more issues but turns our it was just a $8 motor and a pos 9x causing all my issues . But when the new motors come in I'll repair it and make a video with me flying it with a dx8 but I'll have to email the video because we do not have a Youtube account . And call I have is my iPhone thavksc
Gavinxman is offline Find More Posts by Gavinxman
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,413 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Does this include a flight control board?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Yes sr kk2 $25 fc !!! And all the extra parts u have . I'm waiting on 3 more arms and more nylon parts from the builder and the 2 motors will be here in a week or 2 . So it want be ready to go for 2 weeks atleast . And also it's for sale locally. I'm building my own frames from USA BILLET 7071 and I'll be making a few super light and super strong quad frames at a great price . You get what you pay for is all I'm saying
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,418 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavinxman View Post
Yes sr kk2 $25 fc !!! And all the extra parts u have . I'm waiting on 3 more arms and more nylon parts from the builder and the 2 motors will be here in a week or 2 . So it want be ready to go for 2 weeks atleast . And also it's for sale locally. I'm building my own frames from USA BILLET 7071 and I'll be making a few super light and super strong quad frames at a great price . You get what you pay for is all I'm saying
Um... seems like your bashing the man's product, and this doesn't look to be the first time you've hinted negatively towards his design either. Perhaps you should learn to fly properly?! Also disregard my offer towards a trade. I don't think I want to do any kind of business with you.
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
405 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:

You're going to start selling quads and you don't even know how to fly one yet?
"you get what you pay for" all I can say is WOW.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Last edited by jsflyrv; Nov 18, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,413 Posts
Trader Rating: 16
Have you tried running 2S lipo?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:56 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Forget it

It needs 3S 40C minumum, 2200mah preffered.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
You're going to start selling quads and you don't even know how to fly one yet?
"you get what you pay for" all I can say is WOW.
Did it say I was going to start selling quads??? I said I'm going to make my own frames !! NOT FROM TAWIAN METAL !!! Or CHINA !!! USA 7071 billet and I can fly Well I only had issue with the Armattan because I wasn't use to fkying a quad with 4 times as much power !!!! I've only seen Chris fly the quads as a performance style !!!! Can you show a me video of anyone flying those 2600kv motors small quads like Chris ????? Anyone ??? Chris is bad ass fkying his quads And says there performance and not for a toy !!!! There just to over powered for me to start with and I thought I could calm it down but you can't stop 2600kv x 4 lol . Dude Chris builds a bad ass quad I'm just going to build my own frames !!!! I like my Arnattan but I want something billet and 7071 and I have a lot of this in roll stock and have a uncle that will make me anything . I want be selling them there just for me a few of my friends on open pilot. I never said I was going to starry selling them and never says anything bad abou Chris other than I'm not going yo kiss ass for a quad for my sons Bday !!! I can get him about anything Rc and he seen the new Armattan that morning when Chris started opening up Orderd and I had to tell my 11yr old son that has not seen his mom in 12days now that Chris will not build him a quad because he's pissed about a $20 mistake that I paid him twice and if you dont say the right thing to Chris or " DONT LISTEN "then he will be all done with you . So I'll build my own. IM NOT KISSING NOBODIES ASS!!!!!! But I apologize to him 3 -4 times and he just does not respond so I'm done . !!!!
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Oh it will fly perfect when I get the new motor on it and install a new arm . I'll make a video but I'll have to email to you I don't have a YouTube account . It's in great shape I just bent a shat in a crash from trying to us a pos 9x that was defected . My fault . Armattans are great quad and I like it but I've learned a few things from it and I'm going to make my own Frame and my frames FOR ME AND MY FRIENDS!! Not for sale I might give one away but they will be as I said billet 7071 and hope they fly great . I've seen 4 sticks and a 4x4 sheet of metal fly great lol. Many homemade Frans out there but these will be 7071 and super strong And light . And will have 1050 kv . And it's for my son. It's hard to tell a kid that your daddy said or did the wrong thing to a guy And now he want sell me a quad for my boy and that is bs if I can do this Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353259032.524952.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 35.1 KB
Description: I think with my uncle 32yrs in owning his machine shop with 5 cnc machines I'll be ok with making a few frames . And il keep at it till I get them right . That's all I'm saying about the the bs with me Chris . I mean damn if you. Apologize to a guy 3-4, times and it's not enough then I'm done as well . Like I said I'm not going to kiss anyone's ass !!! For nothing
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
Um... seems like your bashing the man's product, and this doesn't look to be the first time you've hinted negatively towards his design either. Perhaps you should learn to fly properly?! Also disregard my offer towards a trade. I don't think I want to do any kind of business with you.
I would NOT trade You that Armattan for what you offered anyway . Does it say I NEED TO SALE IT ?? So take it easy and have a great DAy
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:28 PM
Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins
Canada, ON, Kapuskasing
Joined Mar 2012
1,418 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Quote:
I would NOT trade You that Armattan for what you offered anyway . Does it say I NEED TO SALE IT ?? So take it easy and have a great DAy
If anyone needs to "take it easy" it's you man. Lose the attitude, and you'll enjoy the hobby much more. If not I'd suggest you find another hobby for you, and your boy. Have a great day!
Creepy1 is offline Find More Posts by Creepy1
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:38 PM
USA, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Feb 2011
405 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Quote:
I'll be making a few super light and super strong quad frames at a great price . You get what you pay for is all I'm saying

"at a great price"
sounds like selling to me but if they are free I guess that IS a great price.

As far as to much power on a quad that is what they make expo and D/R for plus the stick called a throttle. Never found a RC yet that could not use more power.
jsflyrv is offline Find More Posts by jsflyrv
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Sold !!! I'll have a new frame flying in a few weeks . Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy1 View Post
If anyone needs to "take it easy" it's you man. Lose the attitude, and you'll enjoy the hobby much more. If not I'd suggest you find another hobby for you, and your boy. Have a great day!
Hey thanks for your advise you know what they say about options ?? Loo. All I'm saying is I like quads but my sons loves them I love my 3dhs AJ and extras . Quads are fun but I'm happier flying a 3d plane or a $50 foamy Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353333061.087584.jpg
Views: 45
Size: 74.6 KB
Description: or Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353333080.265407.jpg
Views: 41
Size: 31.0 KB
Description: and in the mean time I've found one of these to build for my son with one of my cc3ds Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353333155.955039.jpg
Views: 47
Size: 154.3 KB
Description: so no hard feelings to anyone but when you apologize5 times for a simple mistak and your ignored for trying to buy your little boy a quad for his Bday and he's going threw so much right now with not seeing his mom now in 12 days might be 13 I've lost count all I wanted to do was get him another quad and it would have been here by the time the slow boat from china comes with the motor I need to fix this quad but I sold this to a buddy that going to use the parts and redesign the hole thing with the billet arms I'm having made from 7071 . It's just I'd like to try And make my own frames and then when we need parts I can have plenty . And I guess I like that USA metal lolo . Chris builds a great quad and he can fly the crap out of it and I don't have any hard feeling towards him but it hurt my sons feeling when he found out that our " we want a cnc version " post was deleted and got no response to my Pms and my many apologies and all over a $20 pay pal mistake that was 100% my fault . And I sent $ for a few motors and I got talked to like a kid for that so I did not say anything but IM SORRY AGAIN !!! How many time do YOY HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE YOUR SORRY FOR A MISTAKE ?? And then were ignored like we are nothing . Fine do me like that but heck don't take it out on a kid that's happy he thought he was going to get a new version !!! He watches chris video and build threads and reads the Armattan more than I do . He got hooked on the 929 then we say the Armattans and so we got 1 and I struggled with a 9x that was later determined to be defective and it caused me and him to crash and it bent a motor shaft and I didbt see it and everybody was trying to help THANKS and I posted pic and I didn't catch it and that's why it was acting crazy so I replaced 1 arm and thought that would do it but it still would t fly like it should And tech ( mike) just happens to see the bent shaft and so I went to order 2 motors and pay Chris both and while I was on pay pay I sent my Rc Payment twice and Chris nothing and I told Chris Paymebt sent well payment was not sent to Chris so when I emails him back I told him what happen and I thought he was acting a little testy when he speaks to me and he's told me 3 times he does not sale part and I said AGAIN IM SORRY. Now I'd have to go look at all the emails of exactly what was said and I'm sure it's my fault but he stills talks to me like he's just pisses off the hole time . And I understand he's busy hell so am I but I was trying my best to tell him I was sorry many times and I even told him what all I was going threw I'm my personal life that causing me so much stress to let him know it was nothing to do with him or was it intentionally!! But my best guess is I made a comment to him that was made clear this was not a big deal to me or this $20 was not my 1st priority with all the things going in in my life and I'm guessing he was offered because I has no intentions of prioritizing this transaction because I knew I'd get it fixed as soon as possible. But there again I think he felt like he should have been the main priority for me at that moment but he was not . So he sent my $20 bank and a email saying just keep the parts a d he was done with us that he wanted no further dealings with us so I resent the $20 and yet another apology and tried my best to explain to him all the stress we are dealing with but yet again he did not acknowledge any of my emails or apparently will not accept any of the many many apologies I have sent him through emails and PMs . So what am I to do if you admit your wrong and apologize 4 times for making a mistake and yet that's not good enough so I'll just sold it and was talking to my uncle that has a Machine shop with the best cnc machines money can buy ABD told him this was happening from my crashes and asked him to make my son a few extra arms so he said HELL I'll make you a frame anyway You want it from 7071 billet and that's what are going to do . I will not sale them but I Will make a few to give to a few guys on open pilot that are truly a family and let them try and do some testing . I will have a new frame or 2 in a few weeks and as You know once You make the 1st one then You can make a 100 in no time but I'll only make a few for my boy and a few for some guys on open pilot to try out . It's nothing much to them really others than choosing strong light metals and 7071 is one of the strongest and lightest billet You can get but we have huge 10ft 10" around bars of it and we will use a sheet of billet for center plates . So no hard feeling Armattan quads are bad ass but I'm not good enough to own one so I'll make my own using what I've learned so far and we be flying after Christmas and I'll have to figure out something else to buy my single his Bday 12/20 and all he wanted was a new cnc Armattan quad but he couldn't understand why the list kept getting deleted so I told him mr Chris abs I hand a simple misunderstanding and daddy made a mistake and daddy apologize for or five times to Mr. Chris and mr chris would not except in me of my apologies from emails and p.m. And he would not sale me a quad for his Bday . So that's it and thanks to everyone that tried to help us and are glad we learned what little we did and we now now where to buy our parts And we are going to build our own frames . I just fell bad for my son because he wanted a Armattan cnc for his Bday but that's not going to happen but I'll make sure he gets a great quad !!! These frames if I had to buy the material would be $00 but it want be but $15 for some hardware . GOOD LUCK GUYS and like I said Armattans ate great quads but I'll only apologize so many times !!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
What a drama OMG
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter