United States, TX, Waco
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
Discussion
OLD heli ???? how old

Hirobo heli i think ??
some one know what it is some parts look home built
its a 32 os with a piston ring and i cant keep it runing looks new realy clean
run gets worm up and stops cools down will start up run worm up stops i never had a rc nitro do this but i never hade a heli lol
Name: heli 001.jpg
Views: 88
Size: 286.1 KB
Description:

Name: heli 002.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 288.5 KB
Description:

Name: heli 003.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 241.9 KB
Description:

Name: heli 004.jpg
Views: 109
Size: 106.7 KB
Description:

Name: heli 005.jpg
Views: 107
Size: 297.8 KB
Description:
Xfox is offline Find More Posts by Xfox
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jan 2006
600 Posts
I'm thinking a shuttle old version.
Beardiedrg is offline Find More Posts by Beardiedrg
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiedrg View Post
I'm thinking a shuttle old version.
Nope, all versions of the Shuttle had Plastic frames except their top of the line one which had stacked, black anodized, aluminum frames with the gas tank in a forward location.

This may be some older Hirobo, but without more detailed pictures it is hard to say. If it was even an older Hirobo, the Hirobo name or logo would most likely be molded into some of the plastic components.

I woud take a guess that it is a home built that seems to use the Shuttle clutch/fan system, the old original blue Shuttle belt/tail rotor and control system, the older Hawk II system from the swashplate up, the older Shuttle or Hawk II mechanical swashplate control system and servo tray. all tied together with a home made frame set and tail tube and tail gearbox.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Last edited by rotoraddict; Jul 19, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:29 AM
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
the olny place i found Hirobo on it is the fan cover and mulfer
i was thinking mabe he hade one he killed and mabe made what was Plastic out of aluminum

i will say after fixing a few things it dose fly and i never flew one be for was smouth

i need to fix it after finding a tree with it but it just brok a sevro lol

not a bad buy for 40 bucks
do i need to put a gyro on it ??
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:42 AM
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
well i think i found its a HIROBO SHUTTLE Z, ZX with a home made frame now just need to fine out what the head is on it its not a Hirobo ever thing elss is and i think it needs a 2 fule tank runs out way to fast
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:35 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,330 Posts
the head looks like century .. xcell had similar design but less plastic.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
493 Posts
frame is GMP I would bet and the head is defiantly from a Century hawk. GMP imported hirobo parts in the 80s so it might be a legend or something.

should fly nice as I like those century heads.
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
.....should fly nice as I like those century heads.
+1. For years as new brands came on the market, the Century heads, with the blade control arms on the leading edge of the blade grips with the bell mixer mounted on these arms (instead of on the flybar seesaw), were sometimes called old technology. Lo and behold, many of the new designs now coming out, are using this same blade design. I guess other manufacturers are learning what Century knew all along.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:46 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Apr 2004
12 Posts
Quote:
Nope, all versions of the Shuttle had Plastic frames except their top of the line one which had stacked, black anodized, aluminum frames
The Shuttle RG had aluminum frames. The RG-M had carbon fiber frames. -Steve
Hughes500Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Hughes500Pilot
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, TX, Waco
Joined Jun 2012
17 Posts
im in need of a mane shat right now for it it dose fly nice just realy twichy but i do not have a gyro on it shod i put one on it ?? i have seen a lot of them fly grate with out
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
yes,yes and yes on gyro in it
twixy is offline Find More Posts by twixy
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
IMHO that machine is a total hybrid. The head is from an Indy Models, Lion Helicat The Helicat was discontinued and the was reinvented by Century in the form of the Hawk. The collective lever assembly is from a shuttle zx. The frames are quite possibly from a GMP but that appears to be a custom job/copy hence the provision for the fuel tank way behind the main shaft ala Helicat. The t/r gearbox looks like a copy of the old Ninja Pro helicopter that Century carried years ago. The t/r assembly looks like it has shuttle and gmp parts combined. That's my story and i'm sticking to it
subundergroundny is offline Find More Posts by subundergroundny
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subundergroundny View Post
IMHO that machine is a total hybrid. The head is from an Indy Models, Lion Helicat The Helicat was discontinued and the was reinvented by Century in the form of the Hawk. The collective lever assembly is from a shuttle zx. The frames are quite possibly from a GMP but that appears to be a custom job/copy hence the provision for the fuel tank way behind the main shaft ala Helicat. The t/r gearbox looks like a copy of the old Ninja Pro helicopter that Century carried years ago. The t/r assembly looks like it has shuttle and gmp parts combined. That's my story and i'm sticking to it
100% correct on all counts except the tail gear box is not from the Ninja pro. Like the frames it appears to be a custom job. Brings back many memories as from "88 to "90 I was a GMP rep and from "91 to "94 I worked for Century and helped with the design of the Ninja Pro.
exf3bguy is offline Find More Posts by exf3bguy