Amen! Jonboylemon!
DBSkyout is offline Find More Posts by DBSkyout
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:18 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,020 Posts
Thank you for the feedback guys, it seems like the consensus is higher launch and improved float to compliment the Aerial for light to medium conditions.
ThomasLee is online now Find More Posts by ThomasLee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Neos Layups
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:23 PM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
870 Posts
Make the wings completely intechangable. Just add or subtract a little nose weight and you're ready for the wind after lunch

M2C
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:16 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,020 Posts
Potentially possible with the same fuselage, but the openings for the torque rods will be at different distances from the wing LE because of different root chord/hinge position, which rises some issues. I have a general idea of what to do with the Neos2 now but will need to spend a few more weeks flying with the Aerial first before I can pinpoint what I need the Neos2 to do to fully complement it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2014, 04:56 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
115 Posts
Maiden Neos flights this weekend

Finally the weather has improved and I have completed some test glides and newbie launches (only partial rotation). The Neos flew very well considering it is my 1st DLG, seems very responsive, CofG was at about 72 mm, looks like it needed alittle nose down trim. I had some wind today with some evidence of spotty thermals. she sure does float with the headwind, flights were short as I am just getting the feel for her. The Neos sure picks up speed when the nose is pointed down and on the downwind. Hope to work up to full spin launches next week.

Thanks Thomas and ArmSoar for a great product, I am sure I will have many hours of enjoyment.
Keith
RV4flyr is offline Find More Posts by RV4flyr
Old Apr 27, 2014, 02:17 AM
Australia, QLD, Biloela
Joined Jan 2014
42 Posts
For those that as interested I have a Brand new Neos kit (pink and carbon)in the classifieds for sale. I recently purchased it from Thomas but due to a new work commitment I wont be starting this build, therefore my loss will be someone else gain Negotiable on price as well.
reetzy is offline Find More Posts by reetzy
Old Apr 27, 2014, 02:50 PM
Team Hong Kong F3K
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2010
3,020 Posts
Keith, really cool to hear your feedback and that it's in the skies!
We worked on Dave's Neos setup a bit yesterday and it's flying and launching much better now. Once the improvements are done at home it should be even better
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2014, 04:21 PM
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Mar 2011
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee View Post
Keith, really cool to hear your feedback and that it's in the skies!
We worked on Dave's Neos setup a bit yesterday and it's flying and launching much better now. Once the improvements are done at home it should be even better
Can you give me some inside to what setups or improvements you did to Dave's, I may benefit from this ??
Thanks,
Keith.
RV4flyr is offline Find More Posts by RV4flyr
Old Apr 27, 2014, 05:48 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,907 Posts
The aileron surfaces had some flex - they might be contributing to drag on launch by going into reflex inadvertently.

So I added a balsa rib between the wing servos and the skin tieing the servo to more of the foam. I also added a small fillet of epoxy in the gaps between the spar and the servo. That should stiffen up the surfaces a lot.

I setup my rudder to pull to the left instead of the right (build error) so now ill have to convert to conventional linkage to correct that. On launch Thomas felt that the rudder might also be adding to drag because the spring is not intended to hold the rudder against launch tension thats what the pull string is for. My bad entirely.

Those are correction is build technique (bad technique) NOT design issues.

I also setup Aileron to rudder coupling and noticed that the rudder was moving in the wrong direction.... so small roll corrections during launch would probably result in mind bending drag - its no wonder I could not get decent launches.

I detected it after an All up last down round that I barely won lol and then fixed it and wow new plane lol -

This is good for my ego ...
webbsolution is offline Find More Posts by webbsolution