HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2013
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo207 View Post
Putted 3 more flights on it, and 2 of them on full rates! Having a blast with this thing!
Now, 2 questions:
- GY280RX: I've seen it mentioned a couple hundred pages ago. Is it a RX/Gyro? What's the benefit?
- MM is going to send me a new tail servo. I am getting a charger and extra batteries. Since my last incident I think it will be good to get some linkages, and what else?
GY280 better then stock gyro but need programming you can not just buy it plug it and go . I would not go for it my self as I like the heli as it is at the moment. Maybe later

Good luck with the batteries if they come from china you gonna wait two months for them and they may never arrive as mine. If you can order batteries from somewhere else not china I suggest you do that.

Other spare parts if you not in hurry and you ok with one month delivery time then order them from MM. If you want them fast like within 10 days max order from CJ - http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraV120D02S.htm delivery is 5 dollars and he sends order almost immediately and recorded so you can track it. I had many orders from him and always perfect and super fast service. Everyone here on this forum will confirm this.

Now to the spares you may need. Yes get the linkages, also I would get spare feathering shafts, skids, few tail booms, servo or servo gears, definitely main gear and maybe set of tail gears. If you have not flipped the tail then get rudder servo rod and tail blade rocker. At some point maybe not now you will also need tail steering set and step bearings. He has new blades in stock on the bottom of that page. I would get yellow and orange or at least one of them. Very good for orientation.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Last edited by jamichx; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo207 View Post
- GY280RX: I've seen it mentioned a couple hundred pages ago. Is it a RX/Gyro? What's the benefit?
Just want to add that it is compatible with Spektrum rather than Devo protocol. So you will have to use Deviation firmware on your transmitter. It is based on the Vbar which is one of the best gyros available for 3D flying. There is really not much benefit for sports flying.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
no borken corters allowed here
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Jul 2013
138 Posts
Quote:
While this bird flys very well its not a new to c/p heli. You may want to try a Super c/p or mini c/p first. there is a big jump from 4 ch helis to 6 ch helis. If you have FBL 4 ch jump will not be hard. V120D02s can be pretty quick and much more powerful than even brushed 100 sized c/p's. Plus heli is shaft driven tail bl, much more complex.
I started out with the V911 and moved up to FBL with the HiSky HFP 80 and HFP 100. And the shaft driven tail is one of the reasons I like this heli. Getting tired of replacing tail motors. So this heli looks like the one I want for learning CP. I am not going to do any of the 3D stuff though unless you consider flying inverted LOL. I read on here about the slipper clutch to save the tail gears and I don't crash too much anymore. Other than that I am good to go. Besides I have a new Devo 10 and would like a Walkera heli to go with it
rontech420 is online now Find More Posts by rontech420
Old Yesterday, 09:48 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,095 Posts
Since you have the HFP80, perhaps you can try a HCP 80 as trainer assuming you have a 6CH stock TX or you can add an nRF24L01 modules to your devo 10.

It is a different way of stick movement in controlling a regular CP. We cannot push and hold the cyclic like a FP. HCP80 is more crashable than the V120D02S.

When you get used to HCP80 you should have little problem in flying the V120D02S crash free.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,812 Posts
If you can fly smaller c/p or even FBL f/p this heli should be no problem. Nice user friendly heli. Get on it can move out and has good power. My two V120's and both Nano CP-X bl are my favorite micros to fly. This clearly out shines Mini c/p Mcp-x/ stock Nano CP-X and host ot other 100 sized helis even the bl except Nano CP-X bl. The Nano is sub 100/ and V120 is bigger than 100 size.

Why i like the Nano is for being this small flys so well. V120 is different bird and my favotite.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 10:36 AM
Joined Jun 2014
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
GY280 better then stock gyro but need programming you can not just buy it plug it and go . I would not go for it my self as I like the heli as it is at the moment. Maybe later

Good luck with the batteries if they come from china you gonna wait two months for them and they may never arrive as mine. If you can order batteries from somewhere else not china I suggest you do that.

Other spare parts if you not in hurry and you ok with one month delivery time then order them from MM. If you want them fast like within 10 days max order from CJ - http://www.chinesejade.com/walkeraV120D02S.htm delivery is 5 dollars and he sends order almost immediately and recorded so you can track it. I had many orders from him and always perfect and super fast service. Everyone here on this forum will confirm this.

Now to the spares you may need. Yes get the linkages, also I would get spare feathering shafts, skids, few tail booms, servo or servo gears, definitely main gear and maybe set of tail gears. If you have not flipped the tail then get rudder servo rod and tail blade rocker. At some point maybe not now you will also need tail steering set and step bearings. He has new blades in stock on the bottom of that page. I would get yellow and orange or at least one of them. Very good for orientation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Just want to add that it is compatible with Spektrum rather than Devo protocol. So you will have to use Deviation firmware on your transmitter. It is based on the Vbar which is one of the best gyros available for 3D flying. There is really not much benefit for sports flying.
Thank you for link. Yesterday, I was flying it outdoors and at some point I lost it in a turn and crashed hard on the grass. I thought I was going to pick up its pieces for sure, but to my surprise, again, it suffered no damages what so ever. A servo popped out and the tail linkage flew away, but everything seems to be working fine! I cant find the damn link and am going for a month on a business tripi today, so I ordered 2 tail linkages from ebay and will put the v120 away for a month. By the time I get back, I will have the tail link and will order more spares. I am also thinking of getting a second micro heli to always have something to fly if I have to wait for parts. Maybe a second v120, or a super CP...
My Devo10 is deviated, so I am ok with dsm2 or dsmx!
rodrigo207 is offline Find More Posts by rodrigo207
Old Today, 12:20 PM
Joined Aug 2009
4,983 Posts
A new Blade 130X (2S out of the box), shipped anywhere in US is $130 @ GoNitro

NOTE: If you get it, order a metal A-Gear also

Edit: On second thoughts, if you're just starting out, then the extra 2S power will probably be just overkill (high head speed = higher maintenance and crash costs). But once you get past doing basic inverted circuits, more power = more fun
i812 is online now Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Today at 01:17 PM.
Old Today, 02:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,812 Posts
good deal on 130X but I'm toast with buying small. My last four birds were Mini c/p/ two V120D02s's and last was V450D01 V2. since flying V450D01 V2 very happy with it.. Please spare me its a pos i heard this to many times. Mini c/p poor flight times..BUNK. Master c/p ..knew about servos thanks.. Poor motor life,,... Bunk. Genius c/p to fragile..did music wire mod to gear and fine.. fragile ...Bunk !!! Walkera FBL units pos... Bunk they be fine for me. I do not expect perfect. Flat out my Walkera's have out flown/ out lasted the best of the rest. Blasde included/ also Align.
I am a sport flyer and not mind set because most of my helis are c/p that its mandate to 3 D them. Later to mild 3 d fine. birds need upgrades fine..what heli doesn't ??? Sorry just like to be upfront.
Many love the 130X and thats wonderful. Later I may get GY280 RX and go 2 cell on my v120and it will smoke a 130X.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Today, 02:52 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,095 Posts
The important point is that you can fix them reasonably well when they break. When you can do 6S on a 450/500, you know 2S isn't rocket science. It is more a question of whether we need that.
Old Today, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,203 Posts
DANKAR04 Walkera really has some decent entry level birds but once you've flown some of the more upgraded birds you can tell the difference.

On the GY280RX don't get it twisted, that unit is worth every penny they are asking. Flat piros, better tail holding, much more flexibility in the setups. Even on a micro sized bird you can feel the difference. You feel more confident that the bird is going to do what you want and therefore you tend to try things that you may not have tried prior.......... Again, worth every penny!
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Today, 04:45 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
The important point is that you can fix them reasonably well when they break. When you can do 6S on a 450/500, you know 2S isn't rocket science. It is more a question of whether we need that.
If you Never plan on doing any 3d 2s isn't worth it at all. Now, if you want to do 3d, it's totally worth it because it could definitely be the difference between a crash or not. One of the main things about learning 3d is using your collective properly. With 1s you have to already have good collective skills 2s gives you the extra umph to get you out of mistakes.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Today, 05:18 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,095 Posts
If I need 2S on my V120, I'll do it. I do have some vbar clones on my 450's too.

Thank you.