Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JohnsPop, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 02, 2009, 08:23 PM
LaGrange, GA
Joined Jun 2009
1,813 Posts
Careful!
UC Wings on my BluBaby33

My friend Howard flew my BluBaby 33 at our club field today. He's a very accomplished pilot and I thought I'd let him fly it to see how it *really* handles because I basically suck at piloting. Anyway, he was flying along ok and said, "Let me see if it'll loop." He did a gentle loop into the breeze and when it came down, the wings folded up and came within 6" of touching at the top! LOL Well, she floated down for a ways and the wings gradually came down and he flew right on off. I definitely want to implant a wooden dowel into the edges of my wing to keep this from happening in the future! I've smacked this plane into the ground pretty hard several times and I've had no major damage to her. I'm a very novice pilot, but from what *I* see, she seems to be pretty tough. I think if I had taken the plastic film off my 1/4" blue FFF, the wings would have snapped clean off instead of snapping back into shape, but I don't know. Either way, I like training on her a LOT better than on my Hobbistar .60.
JohnsPop is offline Find More Posts by JohnsPop
to remove ads between posts