Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 28, 2009, 06:50 AM
St. Louis, Mo.
Joined Jun 2008
394 Posts
Discussion
CX2 spinning in circles

Earlier this year I ordered a couple new batteries and a carbon fiber tail boom for my CX2. The last time I flew it prior to recieving these items it flew fine.
I didn't fly it for about 1 1/2 months. Then the next time I tried to fly it, it would just spin in a circle. It appeared that one set of blades would spin faster that the other. It's been so long since I last tried to mess with it that I don't recall which ones spin faster. Anyway, I have the bug to fly again and am I looking at replacing the motors, the 3 in 1 or what? When I first bought it about a year ago I crashed it and it didn't fly worth a damn. It was the 3 in 1 unit that needed replacing then. Any advice as to what is causing it to spin in circles? Any comments would be appreciated.
rwek is offline Find More Posts by rwek
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:09 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,784 Posts
You will probablly find dirt/hair in your bearings. Complete teardown and cleaning might fix it. Try spinning her up one rotor at a time and observe which one it is. A set screw might not be in place or tight. Hope this helps. Happy flying. Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy