SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjr View Post
I think my 306B would be even better if I could charge the new HV cells to their max potential. Mine came with 3.14 but it also came with a usb cable and the capability to update. Why would it come set up like this if no future updates were going to come out?
My guess is it's in the works already.
You also use the USB cable for using Logview, to log data during charges. So even if it was physically incapable of doing firmware updates (which isn't the case), a USB cable is still useful.

There was a discussion in this thread a while back about the max cell voltage the hardware is capable of, as I recall. I seem to recall 4.5V being mentioned, but don't quote me on that. A search might turn up some info.

I'd say it being capable of 4.3V already isn't too bad; that's 0.1V higher than any LiPos that existed (AFAIK) when the last FW was released.
RedOctobyr is offline Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,547 Posts
2.5-4.8V: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=516

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
That post is 7 years old!
jrjr is offline Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,511 Posts
So are these chargers
RedOctobyr is offline Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Today, 12:23 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
724 Posts
So just looking to understand something with these chargers, as up to now I have only been using the stock Blade chargers that came with my heli's . I read through the manual (ok, breezed through it) and did not see anything to help answer my questions.

The only charging current comes out of the two charge leads, and the balance ports are for only balancing, correct? The reason why I ask is all of my batteries right now charge through the balance connectors and an associated port on the respective charger. If this is truly correct, then it means I need to first buy some kind of adaptor cable to adapt the power leads (eg ec3 or something) to the banana power leads. Correct?

What do you do for batteries that do not have separate power leads, such as my 2s bat's for my micro heli's? I see ProgressiveRC sells a cable that has several pig tail ends for connecting to a small battery balance lead, and a set of banana leads to plug into the charger. Is this the only way I can charge my smaller bats?
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Today, 12:26 AM
aka: Scott Ellis
United States, MT, Billings
Joined Dec 2012
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
So just looking to understand something with these chargers, as up to now I have only been using the stock Blade chargers that came with my heli's . I read through the manual (ok, breezed through it) and did not see anything to help answer my questions.

The only charging current comes out of the two charge leads, and the balance ports are for only balancing, correct? The reason why I ask is all of my batteries right now charge through the balance connectors and an associated port on the respective charger. If this is truly correct, then it means I need to first buy some kind of adaptor cable to adapt the power leads (eg ec3 or something) to the banana power leads. Correct?

What do you do for batteries that do not have separate power leads, such as my 2s bat's for my micro heli's? I see ProgressiveRC sells a cable that has several pig tail ends for connecting to a small battery balance lead, and a set of banana leads to plug into the charger. Is this the only way I can charge my smaller bats?
I see two questions. The answers are "Yes" and "I think so."
Xeric is offline Find More Posts by Xeric
Old Today, 02:33 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
What do you do for batteries that do not have separate power leads, such as my 2s bat's for my micro heli's?
I use this one. What is needed is something that connects the charge output to the outer balancing wires.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen