SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:48 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Dec 2013
1,374 Posts
Discussion
Audio alerts from APM 2.6...

While I'm waiting for the post office to deliver an APM 2.6 and a set of telemetry radios, I've been trying to figure out how I could get audio alerts like the FrSky Taranis has....

And then it hit me: Bluetooth.

The deal is, thanks to my 21 years of listening to guns, aircraft, and machinery, I'm hearing impaired and I wear hearing aids. I also have this cool gizmo called a ComPilot hanging around my neck. The ComPilot allows me to use my smartphone just like if I was wearing an earpiece. Also, the ComPilot will stream STEREO audio to my aids, and I use it to listen to music from an iPod or my Android tablet and phone.

I also use Bluetooth to get stereo audio when I'm playing Company of Heroes on my laptop.

So anyway, I'm out flying this morning and I'm kinda in the zone, and it hits me...

If I'm using telemetry radios, and one of those radios is connected to my tablet or my laptop, and if I'm running Droidplanner, or Mission Planner, as long as I stay within Bluetooth range I can hear alerts!

Is that awesome, or what?
Oldgazer is offline Find More Posts by Oldgazer
to remove ads between posts