New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by Jasen40
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
2,150 Posts
Have you considered a CPS canopy? They more durable than the cpx version. They made from similar plastic as the xtreme cpx canopy.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:27 AM
Find More Posts by CraigHB
it wasn't me
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
2,292 Posts
I've been using BL Heli Protos style canopies. They look really nice and they're really tough;

http://blheliparts.weebly.com/store/c4/Ncpx.html

The unpainted ones are super cheap if you don't mind doing it yourself.
CraigHB is offline Find More Posts by CraigHB
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by RoboHeli
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
5,276 Posts
Ooh, I like those, CraigHB. I'll have to look into those some more.

@Jasen40, I've thought about that, but I'm going to pick up a CPS for my son soon and don't want to confuse Dad's helis with the ones he's flying.

I might also look at the Skyartec wasp CP canopies to see if I could mod one of those to fit.

But since I already have the Xtreme yellow and want a spare, I'm going to see if I can exhaust my options on that first.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by Jasen40
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
2,150 Posts
Also nine eagles solo pro canopies work with small bit of modding.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Last edited by Jasen40; Jan 18, 2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by farquward
Today is a good day to fly
United States, CA
Joined Sep 2014
616 Posts
Thanks for the link Craig, really like that Goblin style.
farquward is offline Find More Posts by farquward
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:09 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,498 Posts
Friend sent me a Micro heli figreglass canopy made for Nano. fit perfect and much stronger then stock. they are expensive to say the least. I need to make a list for HH. Some new 150 ma 45 C batteries/ servo for Nano.
I have couple good flying Mcp-x's in need of new motors. They work great indoors and shame to waste them.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 24, 2016, 10:29 AM
Find More Posts by tracknoob
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Some new 150 ma 45 C batteries/ servo for Nano.
I just got five new ones in the mail from HH. Still about the best batt for this copter, imho.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 25, 2016, 07:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,498 Posts
I tried a few other brands but no more. E-flite 150 ma 45 C for me.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 02:17 PM
Find More Posts by sandos
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
568 Posts
Throttle hold button

My DX4e throttle hold button is acting up, sometimes requiring 3-5 pressed before registering. It seems as if gets worse when in idle up, which would point to the actual heli being the problem! I really hope its the simpler "its the button" thing. Has anyone changed the button to a switch? Or could I fix the button somehow?
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Jan 31, 2016, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by BababooeyHTJ
Joined Jan 2016
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I tried a few other brands but no more. E-flite 150 ma 45 C for me.
How many cycles do you figure that you actually get from these cells before you start seeing a noticeable drop off in performance?
BababooeyHTJ is online now Find More Posts by BababooeyHTJ
Old Jan 31, 2016, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2014
906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
My DX4e throttle hold button is acting up, sometimes requiring 3-5 pressed before registering. It seems as if gets worse when in idle up, which would point to the actual heli being the problem! I really hope its the simpler "its the button" thing. Has anyone changed the button to a switch? Or could I fix the button somehow?
It's definitely the button.....
I had similar problem with having to mash down hard on the button to get bind. It was annoying. When I started using my DX4e on a CX450SE-V3 with Kbar FBL, I replaced the button with a toggle switch so I could use that channel for a mode switch. It seems to work better for me when binding..... less finger work.
Its not difficult if you can use a soldering iron. The switch is a bit of a trick to remove and replace due to the tight fit in the corner, just be careful.
I also did the mod moving the Aux switch to the other side of the Tx. You have to re-route the wire for the Aux switch so it will reach the other side... if you choose to do that mod.
(These mods saved me from having to buy a new 6-channel Tx. Kbar setup software has ability to assign channels from Tx.)
bvrrocks5150 is online now Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
Old Jan 31, 2016, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by eggma
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Mar 2013
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
Yea, my DX4e had the same problem very early in its life. Then I only use the it for Phoenix flight sim, and after 2 years, the tail rudder control is messed up too.

I've been using my Devo7e ever since the DX4e bind button failed. The devo7e is a good controller, the gimbals are a little sloppy though, but it's a superior given its low price. And it controls many many different brands of helis after flashing the firmware and install deviation. Definitely beats the DX4e by far.
eggma is offline Find More Posts by eggma
Old Feb 01, 2016, 11:28 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,498 Posts
Flew my #2 bl Nano CP-X for first time in several weeks. Flew fine. #1 needs new elevator servo. I'll clean old one on removal as back up.
Real windy out and get some indoor flying.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by Piece
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Aug 2009
13,249 Posts
Just put a couple more lipos through my Nano. I've been flying it with stock skids and blades lately, and I'm probably gonna switch back to a stock main shaft to cut weight.

On the other hand, I've also been using a badly bent feathering shaft for the last couple dozen flights and it's been butter-smooth and rock-solid. Not even a hint of superimposed tail fin syndrome.

The witchcraft of this model is beyond my tiny brain. I just fly it and have fun
Piece is offline Find More Posts by Piece
Old Feb 11, 2016, 08:28 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,498 Posts
Flew #1 Nano CP-X bl and flew fine. blades shake a little at ideal but not all the time like before. I'm sure they need cleaning. #2 Nano bl/ tail motor was acting up. I am going to try new Mcp-X V2 tail assembly. #3 is stock and newest Nano. his one is very stable and fun indoors.