New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2015, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
6,471 Posts
I've got one. Only flown it a couple of times. I'm not sure if I can put my hands on the bungee cord though. Let me know how important it is to you, and I'll get some pics.
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2016, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by matthewmcg
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Sorry, I was traveling for a few days. The bungee cord's not important at all and I'd be interested in seeing some pics. Let me know. It's also fine to PM details. Thanks.
matthewmcg is offline Find More Posts by matthewmcg
Old Jan 17, 2016, 05:26 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
452 Posts
I found one, NIB. Snagged it to complete my set (I've got the Whipit & UMX Radian too).

Really looking forward to taking this one out for some slope fun. I'll probably try out the histart, but this one's for sloping. I'm thinking about getting a second UMX Radian to convert to histart use.
mawz is offline Find More Posts by mawz
Old Jan 20, 2016, 04:28 AM
Find More Posts by Jimi Wishbone
United Kingdom, England, Rugby
Joined Oct 2015
52 Posts
I bought one of these last week, got it new at a good price off ebay, not, had chance to fly it yet, just got it bound to my DX6, will probably have a play with the hi start, but, more lightly to keep it for the slopes.
Such a cute little plane, looking forward to flying it.
Jimi Wishbone is online now Find More Posts by Jimi Wishbone
Old Jan 21, 2016, 01:29 AM
Find More Posts by Troppo1
Aussie freezing in Holland
Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Oct 2015
319 Posts
I picked up a secondhand ask21 with only 2 flights on it(wrong CG, unflyable) and then bought the last one new in the box here in holland. Together 100$. 1 to tow behind my Carbon Cub ss and 1 to put a hbz safe brick and motor into. Keeping the orig brick as spare.
I have soloed and have 50hrs flying time in a real ask21 so great addition to my hanger.
Troppo1 is online now Find More Posts by Troppo1
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:06 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
452 Posts
If anyone in the GTA is looking for one, I saw a NIB ASK-21 at Advance RC in Markham. They used to have 2 ;-)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 03:42 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
452 Posts
Maidened mine today. Football field and no high-start so it was a couple test tosses for trim, then some javelin launches.

Fun, handles nice. Needs a lot more altitude on launch than you'll get javelining. Back in the box until I can get some slope time or it warms up enough for the High Start.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 05:22 AM
Find More Posts by Troppo1
Aussie freezing in Holland
Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Oct 2015
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz View Post
Maidened mine today. Football field and no high-start so it was a couple test tosses for trim, then some javelin launches.

Fun, handles nice. Needs a lot more altitude on launch than you'll get javelining. Back in the box until I can get some slope time or it warms up enough for the High Start.
What CG measurement Did you use? And how was trim out of the box.?
Troppo1 is online now Find More Posts by Troppo1
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:58 AM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troppo1 View Post
What CG measurement Did you use? And how was trim out of the box.?
CG at 18mm as per the manual.

Trim was fine overall. I'd pre-centered the surfaces before maidening. Needed a hair of down elevator after test glides and that's it.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by senntinel45
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Ballymoney
Joined Oct 2013
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz View Post
CG at 18mm as per the manual.

Trim was fine overall. I'd pre-centered the surfaces before maidening. Needed a hair of down elevator after test glides and that's it.
Mawz I found with 260mah up front she balanced at around 18mm, wasn't able to achieve this with the stock 150mah mind you. Horrid little plane if CG not right.
senntinel45 is offline Find More Posts by senntinel45
Old Jan 25, 2016, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by senntinel45 View Post
Mawz I found with 260mah up front she balanced at around 18mm, wasn't able to achieve this with the stock 150mah mind you. Horrid little plane if CG not right.
She balances fine with a 200mAh, which is what I use.

Those stock 150mAh 25C bats go directly on the shelf for my mCX2 and inductrix, I don't fly them outside. Terrible batteries.