New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2015, 04:28 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
You could maybe get the stand off's the Logo CF uses. They are shorter, put the plug on the other side of the frame and the ball on the other side of the servo arm.

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=8511
That would have the same problem as the stock servo mount. Because of the angles involved the lead won't fit through the hole because it's too far up on the case. There is basically zero play between the servo hole and the servo case so you have to put it in at an angle and if the lead exits from the case too far up then you can't get it through without forcing it and damaging the lead.

The Assault 700 version is like $4 so if you are getting the Turnigy branded version of the DS525MG (TGY-525MG) you could just order it along with the servo.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rvo_Mount.html
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 16, 2015 at 04:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by mhills51
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,777 Posts
Your not getting it! Let me take a pic. OK I am the one not getting it! that pic was your fix. wouldn't it of been easier to just notch the frame?
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:07 AM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,777 Posts
Man my heli is dirty!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 02:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Your not getting it! Let me take a pic. OK I am the one not getting it! that pic was your fix. wouldn't it of been easier to just notch the frame?
These are the stock servo mounts:

Yes I could have cut a notch in the frame but using a dremel feels like a redneck fix and the Trex 700 mount is an upgrade. It fits like it was made for it and the ball is centered perfectly. It's actually easier to get the servo mounts installed because it's a single piece so you don't have to worry about two separate mounts being off center on the mounting tabs. Getting the stock plastic ones lined up just right was a pain in the ass.

With the Align mount about 2-3mm of the bottom of the servo protrudes out of the frame. This and the tight fits centers it perfectly which makes installation a breeze (some people might not care if it's perfectly centered but I'm obsessive about things like that)
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Sep 16, 2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 03:23 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,777 Posts
Well I am glad I cleared that up for myself and you gave a bunch of great links lol!

At least it keeps the forum going and anyone using the stock KDS may want to get the Tarot clone ones. Much more solid!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 03:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,686 Posts
Quote:
Well I am glad I cleared that up for myself and you gave a bunch of great links lol!

At least it keeps the forum going and anyone using the stock KDS may want to get the Tarot clone ones. Much more solid!
Or the Assualt 700 one (which is like $4). I'd recommend this upgrade even if you don't actually need it, it's just an easier and more solid way of mounting the rudder servo compared to using two separate mounts.

I used the Align one because I wanted it fast, if I had had the time I would have ordered the Assualt 700 one. Had I known about the problem beforehand I could have just ordered it with the rudder servo.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,686 Posts
Something came in the mail today:

Old Oct 16, 2015, 07:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,686 Posts
Installed new tailfin and replaced original boom clamp, pushrod guides and horizontal fin with the boom support clamp for a Compass 6HVU. You have to make a new rudder pushrod and boom supports to make this work because the rod ends are the wrong orientation and the pushrod end won't fit through the hole.