Frog diesels on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3516424327...84.m1555.l2649
krafty is offline Find More Posts by krafty
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2016, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by edholly
Joined Nov 2013
220 Posts
Anyone going to Orange NSW this weekend for the Alan Brown Memorial Old Timer event ?
edholly is offline Find More Posts by edholly
Old Jan 31, 2016, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Joined Sep 2011
515 Posts
Yes Ed , I think everyone who normally goes will be there as it's the first event of the year and everyone is like me , needing to get out and fly . Are you coming up or is it a swap meet weekend ? If your coming to look for the weekend ,I can certainly put in a couple of models for you to fly .
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Old Jan 31, 2016, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by edholly
Joined Nov 2013
220 Posts
Geoff,

Combining Bathurst swap with the Orange Old Timer event so one trip west. Probably bring the Ford so will bring something to fly, but thanks heaps for the offer ! See you saturday.

Bill,

Sorry mate, after making them find I couldn't part with them ! But thanks for offering to buy one, and probably the Owen Mate Vee twin is my favourite !

Ed
edholly is offline Find More Posts by edholly
Old Feb 01, 2016, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
3,397 Posts
Laser engines

Bill, for twins, see

http://www.laserengines.com/product-category/products/

John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Reginald
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
5,237 Posts
After loading the stationcar with flying buddy Marc von Vaerenberg with all the stuff for sale at the Wavre do tomorrow we could not resist running the tiny Schlosser 0,25cc diesel once more. I do admit I first did warm up the cylinder a bit with the heatgun and then two or three finger flips and it runs...what a maestro Benno is...was ? Must be in his 90'ies then. Not sure if he's still amongst us ? I do have two of these gems and have been on the lookout for the larger 0,50 cc version but very very hard to find. Talking that pre-warming-up...I wonder how you guys do it on a cold airfield ? It's been ages since I last used a diesel on a model altough I do have a few...
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by brokenenglish
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
2,132 Posts
Reggie, I don't know where you got this idea... All my favourite diesels (very many) start immediately in any temperature.
Only fixed compression have a problem with low temperatures.
This Speed Demon starts in a couple of flicks in negative temperatures (and so do all my ED and PAW).
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
5,237 Posts
Well it's been a while like I said...but then these tiny diesels ( I do have much smaller Valentine ones ) will not be that easy I'm afraid...not that I have immediate plans to fly these mind.... I've often tought about the tyre warmes the rc car boys use but a 12 volt heatgun would even be better...ever tried to start for example a Bambi in the cold or for that matter even inside the workshop ? But I do not doubt your experience since you guys do fly diesels constantly.
Old Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by classicracer
Size doesn't matter!!!
Belgium
Joined Sep 2005
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
Well it's been a while like I said...but then these tiny diesels ( I do have much smaller Valentine ones ) will not be that easy I'm afraid...not that I have immediate plans to fly these mind.... I've often tought about the tyre warmes the rc car boys use but a 12 volt heatgun would even be better...ever tried to start for example a Bambi in the cold or for that matter even inside the workshop ? But I do not doubt your experience since you guys do fly diesels constantly.
Reggy, for the last 2 seasons, I have been using the HK tyre warmers, powered by a LiPo as a pre heating device on the fora 09's and Parra Wasps. I doubt they make any difference on the starting time as these engines (especially the Fora's) start within a few flicks on the prop. I think LiPo powered gloves, like I bought for my wife last winter, are more useful.
classicracer is offline Find More Posts by classicracer
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Talking that pre-warming-up...I wonder how you guys do it on a cold airfield ? It's been ages since I last used a diesel on a model altough I do have a few...
On cold days (meaning freeezing...in the 60's) my friend and I used to hold the engine head at the exhaust of his Renault 4CV or my Citroen 2CV until warm. It worked but was a bit dirty, what with the soot.
To go along with brokenenglish however, on our club freeze-fly meeting last January 1st, I was utterly unable to start a Fox 25 but had no trouble at all with the Webra 1,5 in the Galloper. Temperature was just 0 degree centigrade and the car exhaust trick was not necessary (never even thought about it).
JMP_blackfoot is online now Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Last edited by JMP_blackfoot; Yesterday at 03:10 PM.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
5,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicracer View Post
Reggy, for the last 2 seasons, I have been using the HK tyre warmers, powered by a LiPo as a pre heating device on the fora 09's and Parra Wasps. I doubt they make any difference on the starting time as these engines (especially the Fora's) start within a few flicks on the prop. I think LiPo powered gloves, like I bought for my wife last winter, are more useful.
Yep Jo read you on Facebook... but these are really very small...just my experience... size does matter here you know..and...the lack of 'schwung' or decent mass from those tiny propellors !
Old Yesterday, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by classicracer
Size doesn't matter!!!
Belgium
Joined Sep 2005
153 Posts
Quote:
Yep Jo read you on Facebook... but these are really very small...just my experience... size does matter here you know..and...the lack of 'schwung' or decent mass from those tiny propellors !
That's a whole different game, starting those tiny diesels. I have been very succesful starting and running kolibris and pfeffers by giving them a sharp fast blow with my index on the prop, while slightly undercompressed but a bit flooded. As soon as they "pop", slowly increase compression but they Always need a short fast flick on the prop. Be gentle on the compression, but not on the prop!
classicracer is offline Find More Posts by classicracer
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
5,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicracer View Post
That's a whole different game, starting those tiny diesels. I have been very succesful starting and running kolibris and pfeffers by giving them a sharp fast blow with my index on the prop, while slightly undercompressed but a bit flooded. As soon as they "pop", slowly increase compression but they Always need a short fast flick on the prop. Be gentle on the compression, but not on the prop!
See you in Wavre tomorrow Jo...but I will be very busy
Old Today, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by KraftyOne
My 1st R/C had 2 valves !
Settled in "The Shoalhaven", Au.
Joined Jul 2007
741 Posts
Hi guys,

A friend bought around these 3 old dirty and seized diesels he wants to sell, as is. Two are 2.5cc, a Taipan, (I'm pretty sure), and an E.D. Racer, the smaller one is a Vella VT9. I suggested he list them on e-Bay, but he asked me to show them here first to see if anyone was interested.

I havn't tried to turn them, but it looks 'someone' has. They appear to be original and complete except for missing NVAs and prop nuts. The E,D. in particular does not appear to have seen much use. The others, well... they certainly show some signs of (ab)use.

EGB.
KraftyOne is online now Find More Posts by KraftyOne