HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2014, 06:33 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul kelley View Post
correctly the damn thing won't get off the ground.
The MiG is clearly a hand launcher. Please don't launch it from the ground.

Hand launch is also easy. You can push it forward, angled 20° up, or even let it fly vertically out of your hand.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2014, 06:38 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
182 Posts
Also if you try to fly from the ground - your EFD may suck small stones, branches or grass and explode. You can do this skid launch only if you have perfect flat and clean place.
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Dec 22, 2014, 04:46 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
9,069 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the new German scheme v3! I started a new thread for those interested...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Dec 23, 2014, 01:55 AM
3d nut
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2008
114 Posts
Is that a Rx up front or dose it come with two gyros?
paul kelley is offline Find More Posts by paul kelley
Old Dec 23, 2014, 02:00 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,190 Posts
The standard version comes with only one 3-axis gyro. The 3D version has two.
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:13 AM
off2fly
Danville Va
Joined Feb 2007
36 Posts
I bought one of these a couple years ago, and no parts are available. Who is going to sell these US? Are they reputable?
off2fly is offline Find More Posts by off2fly
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:29 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,969 Posts
There is an RCG member on this thread Jason M from Las Vegas I believe that is the US distributor. They have a facebook page and are working on a new website that is supposed to be launched in 2015. Here is a link to the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SebArtRC
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Dec 30, 2014, 06:20 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by off2fly View Post
I bought one of these a couple years ago, and no parts are available. Who is going to sell these US? Are they reputable?
There are lots of positive posts/reviews regarding our business on Facebook and in the thread here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304763

So yes, we are indeed reputable Plus (as of the date of this post) we have both the new 3D V.2 and Standard V.2 models in stock and ready to ship:

EDF Class: http://www.sebart.it/edf-jets.html

MiG-29 3D V.2 70mm Twin EDF PNP Set w/2 Fans/2 Motors/2 ESCs/9 Metal Geared Servos/2 3-Axis Gyros (Installed): $549.99 (including FREE shipping in the 48 contiguous states and discounted shipping throughout the rest of North America)
SEBMIG3D-RSSG; Red Star = IN STOCK

MiG-29 Standard (NOT 3D) V.2 70mm Twin EDF PNP Set w/2 Fans/2 Motors/2 ESCs/6 Metal Geared Servos/3-Axis Gyro (Installed): $469.99 (including FREE shipping in the 48 contiguous states and discounted shipping throughout the rest of North America)
SEBMIGSTA-GERSG; German = IN STOCK
EBMIGSTA-SWSG; Swifts Team = IN STOCK

And we do have a number of spare parts for the MiG in stock in our warehouse here in Las Vegas (and sorry that it doesn't format very clearly in the post here):

SebArt RC USA Complete Aircraft, Accessory and Spare Parts Product and Price List for the MiG-29

Item/Model #; Description - Price

SEBMIG-03; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF 9-Gram Sub-Micro Servo - $9.99
SEBMIG-04NEW; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF 3-Axis Gyro - $39.99
SEBMIG-05; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Brushless Motor - $44.99
SEBMIG-06; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF 65-Amp Brushless ESC - $74.99
SEBMIG-07R; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Fan Unit, Reverse Rotation - $14.99
SEBMIG-07S; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Fan Unit, Standard Rotation - $14.99
SEBMIG-08; MiG-29 3D 70mm Twin EDF Thrust Vectoring Nozzle - $14.99
SEBMIG-LS; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Landing Skid Set (1 Pair), Clear - $12.99
SEBMIG-NCGER; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Plastic Nose Cone, German - $14.99
SEBMIG-NCRS; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Plastic Nose Cone, Red Star - $14.99
SEBMIG-NCSW; MiG-29 70mm Twin EDF Plastic Nose Cone, Swifts Team - $14.99
SEBMIG3D-01-RS; MiG-29 3D V.2 70mm Twin EDF ARF Airframe Only w/Fans, Red Star - $249.99
SEBMIG3D-RSSG; MiG-29 3D V.2 70mm Twin EDF PNP Set w/2 Fans/2 Motors/2 ESCs/9 Metal Geared Servos/2 3-Axis Gyros (Installed), Red Star - $549.99
SEBMIGSTA-02-SW; MiG-29 Standard V.2 70mm Twin EDF ARF Airframe Only w/Fans, Swifts Team - $229.99
SEBMIGSTA-03-GER; MiG-29 Standard V.2 70mm Twin EDF ARF Airframe Only w/Fans, German - $229.99
SEBMIGSTA-GERSG; MiG-29 Standard V.2 70mm Twin EDF PNP Set w/2 Fans/2 Motors/2 ESCs/6 Metal Geared Servos/3-Axis Gyro (Installed), German - $469.99
SEBMIGSTA-SWSG; MiG-29 Standard V.2 70mm Twin EDF PNP Set w/2 Fans/2 Motors/2 ESCs/6 Metal Geared Servos/3-Axis Gyro (Installed), Swifts Team - $469.99

BTW, we also offer a special 'Damage Replacement Discount' program that is particularly helpful for MiG owners since the major airframe parts aren't really replaceable and aren't available separately (so we typically offer a discount of 20% off the 'ARF Airframe Only' or the 'PNP Set' for any current MiG owners that qualify for the program):

Quote:
Our exclusive 'Damage Replacement Discount' (DRD) program offers a substantial discount (up to 30% off depending on the model) off the regular price to purchase a replacement SebArt model if you crash and/or damage major airframe components like the fuselage, wing, tail, etc. In many cases it ends up being a better deal to purchase the entire new model at the discounted price rather than just the airframe parts you need. And to take advantage of the DRD program we typically require a few photos that show the damaged airframe component(s) to confirm eligibility...so if you crash or damage the model be sure to take a few photos before you do anything else (and rest assured the photos are for our internal reference only...we will not share them with the public or your flying buddies no matter how much they offer us)
SebArt RC USA
www.SebArtRC.com
SebArt RC USA is offline Find More Posts by SebArt RC USA
Last edited by SebArt RC USA; Jan 22, 2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:59 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
556 Posts
Just had an unfortunate unintended abrubt landing last weekend. i.e. front 1/3 of the plane dissintegrated.
I was hoping those that have experience flying this model can chime in if they experienced the same thing I did. I'd like to try to discern whether it be the radio, or me.
I had TV on all the time: I flew straight up maybe to 300', and pulled back to 50% throttle and turned full rudder until it turned 180deg and was pointed down. Then I spooled up the throttle abit and then noticed it started corkscrewing downwards. Tried everything in attempt to coax it out of the spiral. Nothing I did mattered.

Do these airframes have this tendency?
Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure
Old Feb 23, 2015, 05:05 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
9,069 Posts
No, this isn't normal. Under power I can get out of anything quickly...

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:36 PM
Bulgaria, Sofia-city, Sofia
Joined Aug 2012
182 Posts
It's not the airframe for sure. You may had some electronics failure - servo for example , or some pushrods breakage, or just panic
cdmanbg is offline Find More Posts by cdmanbg
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:40 PM
casue my regular Ego is lame
United States, GA, Augusta
Joined Nov 2014
54 Posts
Can you test it now to see if all surfaces are moving. that would be very weird if TV was on, even if the tv broke the regular surface should have pulled it out.
Edit" Lightbulb question- using the gyro or???
Alter Ego is offline Find More Posts by Alter Ego
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:56 PM
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
556 Posts
I figured it should be able to get out of anything considering the extreme throws and TV.
Yes, all surfaces are still moving. It doesnt look like there was any problem with the electronics or mechanicals.
Yes, it looks like I had the setting to gyro-on. It could have been flipped on ride home, but probably not the case.

I knew I was going to regret not buying a spare airframe when grayson had them on for a great price.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure