SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:56 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,814 Posts
you are probably getting close to the end of your motors life... Chances are that's contributing to your LVC problem (as brushed motors age (from use, not time), they tend to become less efficient, so will draw more amps.... That plus old batteries can easily cause early LVC.
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:00 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
you are probably getting close to the end of your motors life... Chances are that's contributing to your LVC problem (as brushed motors age (from use, not time), they tend to become less efficient, so will draw more amps.... That plus old batteries can easily cause early LVC.
OK, I have another motor I can put in. I'll try that next time before I fly. I took the heli out today again and lvc happened magically at 3.90 v on both my batteries. One is older but the other is brand new, maybe 10 flights, and they are Hyperions, so good batteries.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Today, 05:40 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
9,814 Posts
Temps will also play a roll. If its below 60F, you will start to see reduced flight times before LVC.
dacaur is online now Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Today, 06:57 PM
United States, WV, Charleston
Joined Jan 2014
176 Posts
Anyone heard from TippyToe about the 120 fuselages?
Mr.Atkins is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Atkins