Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:16 AM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Help!
Removing links without breaking the balls?

Okay so I was doing some maintenance on my mcx2 and when removing the link from the swash plate the ball broke! Everytime I try to remove or put on one of those damn links the balls always break or bend they are such a bi**h to work with its not even funny.

So to my question is their some special way to take these suckers off/put on without breaking or bending them?
mkeller96 is offline Find More Posts by mkeller96
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:49 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,417 Posts
Yes. It's called a ball link pliers.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:35 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,103 Posts
I was wondering how you could break ball links until I realized you were talking about micro helis and the ball are probably plastic molded into the part. You usually use something called ball link pliers but they're usually meant for larger helis and I'm not sure if they make them for micros I'm afraid.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:01 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,417 Posts
I have ball link pliers that work with most of my micros. They do make them in different sizes and shapes. You can order them online, but for small helis and tight places, ti's probably best to go to a local hobby store and see what will work.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Jan 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I have ball link pliers that work with most of my micros. They do make them in different sizes and shapes. You can order them online, but for small helis and tight places, ti's probably best to go to a local hobby store and see what will work.
Okay thank you I will try both
mkeller96 is offline Find More Posts by mkeller96