HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:10 AM
Billbor
Joined Jun 2010
117 Posts
Alert
SOLD - Intel X-25M 160 GB Solid State Drive (SSD) - $60

- SOLD -

Not exactly RC related, but it will speed up your computer when booting up to RC Groups! :-)

Intel X25-M 160 GB SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) - $60.

Reduce your boot up time and access favorite programs faster by upgrading your operating system/hard drive to an SSD.
Original packaging, mounting hardware, etc. – Excellent physical and operating condition.

For the geeks:
- http://www.pcworld.com/product/19797...tail-pack.html
- http://reviews.cnet.com/internal-har...-33766444.html

For “normal” folks:
- This SSD was the top of the line (and most expensive/$500) when I got it two years ago.
- I had a hard drive crash that was a pain to recover from and vowed to avoid a repeat by getting a SSD.
- I researched, and Intel was the most reliable SSD – I wanted reliability, so I bought it. (Check the reviews, some cheaper SSDs have had reliability issues.)
- This SSD performs flawlessly (of course! – there’s no moving parts to go bad).
- At 160 GB it has ample room for your operating system and gobs of your favorite programs and games.
- My Windows 7 takes 20.8 GB. I run all my office applications, games, emails and documents I need fast and secure off the SSD – what a pleasure to have SPEED and RELIABILITY.
- Computer boot up time and application pull-up times are FAST.
- Quieter, uses less power, and generates less heat, than a conventional hard drive.

Although the latest generation SSD’s are even faster, most folks won’t see significant improvements under normal conditions with latest (and multiple times more expensive) SSD’s compared to this Intel X-25.
It’s still multiple times faster than conventional electro-mechanical drives – and much, much more reliable.

Why am I selling it? – I’ve gotten so used to the speed (spoiled), and I like to have the newest, fastest greatest . . . so . . . . I upgraded to a 512 GB SSD.
BTW: My new top-of-the-line "Samsung 830" 512GB SSD ($450) only increased my Windows Experience hard drive score from 7.7 to 7.8 (on an 8 point scale). So the X-25M drive I've got for sale is still very fast compared to the latest and greatest.

Reviews:
- http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/9715...ws/reviews.htm

Billbor
Smyrna, GA
Billbor is offline Find More Posts by Billbor
Last edited by Billbor; Nov 06, 2012 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added info
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:24 AM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,747 Posts
Great deal. Tempted to buy but I'm quite a ways over here.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Last edited by rpstar; Nov 04, 2012 at 07:45 AM.