Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by valiantGLX, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:10 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Current Challenges:

Heli, open to any heli: The Motorcross Jump: Setup a empty folder for a jump on the floor, or whatever you may have laying around to construct a small jump. Now approach and jump the jump while remaining in ground effect. Try not to use any additional throttle jumping the jump and do not touch the jump with your skids, let the ground effect do all the work

Heli Fixed Pitch & Collective Pitch NON-3D: Circle Work: Complete several funnels with the tail in the center of the funnel

Heli Collective Pitch 3D: Open Doors: Fly inverted through an open doorway.

Quad: The Hauler: Attach a hook to your quad. Take off, and pick up an object designed to work with the hook you attached to your quad and transposrt it to a different room in your house. Unload the object and fly back to where you took off from and land.

Quad 3D: The suicide: Do an inverted stall and count 2 seconds while the quad free falls upside down before proceeding with a complete recovery.

Plane: The Barn Strormers Loop: Fly under a table exit doing a loop resulting in you flying under the table again.

Plane 3D: Couch Potato: Hover in your living room while sitting on your couch.

FPV: The News Reporter: Record a video of yourself at take off and then track a moving vechicle for as long as you can (at a safe distance of course)

FPV Indoor: The News Watcher: Record a video of yourself at take off and then focus on your TV while the evening news is on for at least 10 seconds
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:52 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
BUMP!!! Remember guys its been over a couple of weeks so anybody can elect to create new challenges
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:01 AM
KDS Innova450SD;NE SoloPro 180
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Nov 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
BUMP!!! Remember guys its been over a couple of weeks so anybody can elect to create new challenges
Not that I am taking part in any of these, but enjoy watching

But I would like to see someone do a figure 8 around and between your own legs
fstof is offline Find More Posts by fstof
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
like your cam hat idea.....

This is how i do mine....
808 key camera (0 min 36 sec)
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:31 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Proposing a new Airplane challenge

Okay - sorry folks, but time to bump this thread and get some new excitement in it. There is NO WAY I can fly any of my airplanes under a table, so I'm posting my video of the last challenge - divebomb towards earth - and proposing a new airplane challenge. All in favor say "ay" all opposed please go fly your airplane under the table as described above and propose something new.

If all agree to a new challenge with an "Ay", I'll post a new challenge. And, I'm VERY open to suggestions, so feel free to include it with your "Ay"!

Here's my death spiral. You'll ahve to find it on the video, but I think it's either at the 1:30 mark or the 2:30 mark. I wasn't taking this vid for this challenge, but it meets the criteria (and I just shot it two days ago).
Mustang Madness 1 (2 min 29 sec)
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Okay - sorry folks, but time to bump this thread and get some new excitement in it. There is NO WAY I can fly any of my airplanes under a table, so I'm posting my video of the last challenge - divebomb towards earth - and proposing a new airplane challenge. All in favor say "ay" all opposed please go fly your airplane under the table as described above and propose something new.

If all agree to a new challenge with an "Ay", I'll post a new challenge. And, I'm VERY open to suggestions, so feel free to include it with your "Ay"!

Here's my death spiral. You'll ahve to find it on the video, but I think it's either at the 1:30 mark or the 2:30 mark. I wasn't taking this vid for this challenge, but it meets the criteria (and I just shot it two days ago).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9NwUUWrL8

Ay!!!! fire away

oh and nice vid too, I liked the controlled crash at around the 55 second mark the best I'll give you a HOF point for the good bump and great video
Last edited by valiantGLX; Oct 12, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:12 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9NwUUWrL8
WOW that was some impressive flying great job....
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
1,024 Posts
did anyone say hulu hoops in the yard? Hung from tree limbs propped up on some pvc tubing...this is for planes of course...I not that good yet, but think I can move my champ through some hoops...lol just an idea...ohhhh and a slow spinning hulu hoop that you can fly through would take a lot of concentration and many attempts I am sure...
love watching the vids on here.

Greg
Ginohio is offline Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginohio View Post
did anyone say hulu hoops in the yard? Hung from tree limbs propped up on some pvc tubing...this is for planes of course...I not that good yet, but think I can move my champ through some hoops...lol just an idea...ohhhh and a slow spinning hulu hoop that you can fly through would take a lot of concentration and many attempts I am sure...
love watching the vids on here.

Greg
wow i would need a big hoop but that sounds fun! anyother ideas?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:04 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
wow i would need a big hoop but that sounds fun! anyother ideas?
Its up to you old mate, challenge away

I flew a fixed wing for the first time ever on the weekend, 2 actually; my scratch built CC panorama and my UM Mustang. After flying myself I appreciate your previous vid even more now.

If you make the next challenge easy enough I might even have a crack at it

@ anyone interested:
if none of the current challenges suit you, simply create a new one, they have been idle long enough now
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
Its up to you old mate, challenge away

I flew a fixed wing for the first time ever on the weekend, 2 actually; my scratch built CC panorama and my UM Mustang. After flying myself I appreciate your previous vid even more now.

If you make the next challenge easy enough I might even have a crack at it

@ anyone interested: if none of the current challenges suit you, simply create a new one, they have been idle long enough now opcorn
:
You know what, I like that idea. So, here's the next challenge: FREESTYLE: POST A VIDEO. I don't care what you do, do something, and try to impress us. The winner of this contest is the person who get's the most "ooooh's" and "aaaaahhs" posted in reply to their video. Frankly, i think we should extend this across all flying machines to get this party started. AUDIENCE (especially you lurkers out there) - If you see a video that you like, hit the "quote" button and respond with your ooh's and aahs. If a video follows one you already ooh'd and ahh'd over but the second one impresses you more, simply extend your oooooooooohhhhhhhss and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhs to indicate your additional adoration, support, and acclamation.

Let the FLYING begin.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:11 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Quote:
You know what, I like that idea. So, here's the next challenge: FREESTYLE: POST A VIDEO. I don't care what you do, do something, and try to impress us. The winner of this contest is the person who get's the most "ooooh's" and "aaaaahhs" posted in reply to their video. Frankly, i think we should extend this across all flying machines to get this party started. AUDIENCE (especially you lurkers out there) - If you see a video that you like, hit the "quote" button and respond with your ooh's and aahs. If a video follows one you already ooh'd and ahh'd over but the second one impresses you more, simply extend your oooooooooohhhhhhhss and aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhs to indicate your additional adoration, support, and acclamation.

Let the FLYING begin.
I like

FREESTYLE: POST A VIDEO. I don't care what you do, do something, and try to impress us. The winner of this contest is the person who get's the most "ooooh's" and "aaaaahhs" posted in reply to their video.

Additionally I think it should all so be a monthly or even weekly event, with 5 or 2 HOF points for grabs respectively
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:19 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Here are a couple of my recent vids, I dont expect any credit for them, Im simply showing off

Carbon Cub Panorama (1 min 43 sec)

Carbon Cub Panorama Maiden flight (3 min 7 sec)

The only real impressive thing about this vid is that I didnt mame any innocent bystanders
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Impressive build. I love my new Sbach 3D so much I'm thinking of trying to build a 1S version of it. Full fuse, though, none of this profile crap.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:08 PM
OEF 10-11
United States, NC, Taylorsville
Joined Oct 2012
220 Posts
Ill try an get a video up for the freestyle challenge. I hope so loops in my champ gets a couple ahhs lol
new user is offline Find More Posts by new user