Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JuzPlaneNutz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, MN, Duluth
Joined Aug 2012
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Wanted
Kits to build

Looking for small r/c models to build to convert to electric. Any models that are just collecting dust in your shop will be put to good use teaching low income and disadvantaged youth I will be involved in a class that teaches these students aeronautics and applicational model building. Looking for models that are large enough to fly yet small enough to transport without having to disassemble. Built up aircraft with 30" wingspans or better would work well to use as conversions. Donations to this program will be gladly accepted as most expenses are usually covered by instructors. Thanks
JuzPlaneNutz is online now Find More Posts by JuzPlaneNutz
Last edited by JuzPlaneNutz; Aug 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
A HOARDER ONCE MORE....GEEZ!!!
United States, NC, Lexington
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
Trader Rating: 319
Get the parents to pay for the materials.

I know if my kid was going to do something like this, I would gladly pay $40 towards materials!
Plasmajoe is online now Find More Posts by Plasmajoe
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:24 PM
United States, IN, Kempton
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I could probably cut out some foam planes on a 2D CNC. Just find some plans on the web and I could probably cut it out of thin dollartree foam. It has to be that type as the CNC is pneumatically powered and the cutting heads would smash the foam when they move down. The paper just helps to soften the impact. I'm thinking of somewhere around $30-40 per plane cut and its just the foam shapes, no CF spars, electronics, hinges or anything. That cost also covers the cost of the foam too. Buyer pays shipping.
RyanF121 is offline Find More Posts by RyanF121