HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2014, 05:01 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2012
132 Posts
There was a hairline crack in the paint and just barley in the foam on the bottom side of the wing. i noticed a little bit of flex a few weeks ago. I opened up the crack and filled it with gorilla glue. That was about 20 flights ago and forgot to check it again. It was a clean break. With a 4s 3ah, metal retracts, beefed up esc, and over 2 years of abuse, i wasnt overly upset it happened. I wish it was on camera.
tonyrizz is offline Find More Posts by tonyrizz
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2014, 05:12 PM
Onto The Next Project!
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Nov 2010
291 Posts
Hey guys -

After close to two months of my bird sitting on the bench, I finally found a few minutes to slap on a 3-blade 11 x 8 prop when a couple months ago I tested the 13 x 8 3-blade and it peaked at 80+ amps. Well the 11 x 8 peaked and stayed around 70 amps and I'm not comfortable with that on my 65 amp ESC. I thought maybe the 11 x 8 would get me within a good range but it didn't. So, now I'm looking for a 2-blade that will fit on my Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3542-1250kv motor. I think the prop shaft is 5mm and all of the 2-bladers I have are too big diameter (even with the spacer inserts). Any suggestions on a good 2-blader that will fit a 5mm prop shaft. I'm using 4S batteries too.
TobyFlies is offline Find More Posts by TobyFlies
Old Aug 09, 2014, 03:36 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,941 Posts
That's a fast motor for this model. I was happy with the stock 750kv. Even if you drop the pitch to 11x6x2 your going to be 60A 740ishW at WOT pulling about 3kg static. Prop stall according to ecalc is about 2.2kg so it doesn't seem very efficient.

I looked up that motor too and 55A 755W is the rated max load too. I'd put it on 3S with maybe a 12x6x2 if you have like that at hand and see what you get.

For props I use MAS ones and never had a problem with the spacers included for prop adapters. However when I've had prop holes too large for the prop adapter I've gone and got 7mm and 6mm aluminum tube and cut some to length to use as shims.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:59 PM
Onto The Next Project!
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Nov 2010
291 Posts
Thanks for your reply Griphin.

Yeah, I bought this motor a couple yrs ago and can't remember where I read that it would be a good upgrade for this model on 4S. I have several 4S batteries and would like to use them in this bird. I used the 4Ss on the stock motor but after 3 broken props, I wanted to upgrade not only the props, but also the motor. My next step is to check out my LHS and see what props they have on hand that would fit the 5mm prop shaft. I will try a lower pitch and see what numbers I get. I can do that quicker than waiting for an order from over-seas.

When I searched RC Groups for this motor, there are a lot of glider guys that are using it on 9 x 6 and 7s. I'd hate to go that small and don't know that that would work well for the weight of this bird.

So, what is the relationship from prop size to amp draw? I realize pitch has something to do with it but say you take a 12 x 6 and compare amps to an 11 x 6, I assume amps go down but you have higher RMP?

I need a power ratio prop, motor, battery book for dummies. I admit, it's my weak spot when trying to figure out what works best for my models. I've done plenty of trial and error but I'm stumped with this motor!
TobyFlies is offline Find More Posts by TobyFlies
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:37 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
1,941 Posts
There is no such book. Honestly all the variables do my head in. IMO slower motor good with a large prop like for the corsair on 4S. Yep amps come down but depending on the pitch the power draw depleting the batt can still be pretty high.
Put the stock motor back on and get an APC or MAS 12x6x2. It's not scale but you'll get better efficiency and break\damage props less. Test. I think I used a MAS 12x6x3 and it was pretty fast.
The other alternative is cheak out the ROC/FMS 1100mm Super Corsair which is 4S stock.
Griphin is offline Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Aug 11, 2014, 05:40 PM
United States, CA, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2014
369 Posts
Hey guys just curious as I have had fast turn around on orders through hobby king but ordered a airplane from them for the first time and it has been 3 days and still says the order has been printed it is being packaged and will send me shipping info as its ready. Does hobbyking take unusually long on their airplane orders through the USA warehouse?

I have ordered a lot from the international and most recently FatShark Teleporter V3 came from china in 3 days after I ordered so just curious. Thank you all.
T.A. is offline Find More Posts by T.A.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:44 PM
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined May 2010
413 Posts
Welcome to the corsair club mate, wouldn't worry about that shipping info, its different every time. Think when i ordered my last plane from them the shipping info arrived the day before delivery. its usually about a week. Best of luck on your maiden when she arrives.
LimitingFactor is offline Find More Posts by LimitingFactor
Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:05 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,406 Posts
Hobby king piles everything into a giant pile for Wednesday pick up.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:10 PM
Joined Jun 2014
369 Posts
Thank you LimitinFactor and Quitcherbitchen (ha) for the info. A pile for the wednesday pick up makes sense. I also did something I didnt really think about. I chose ups small parcel but does a airplane box count as small parcel? Guess Ill quit my bitchen and wait for her to get here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 12, 2014, 06:11 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A. View Post
Hey guys just curious as I have had fast turn around on orders through hobby king but ordered a airplane from them for the first time and it has been 3 days and still says the order has been printed it is being packaged and will send me shipping info as its ready. Does hobbyking take unusually long on their airplane orders through the USA warehouse?

I have ordered a lot from the international and most recently FatShark Teleporter V3 came from china in 3 days after I ordered so just curious. Thank you all.
I have always received my stuff really fast but my buddy had them hold one of his for a long time, The problem was the item was backordered only it did not show as BO when he placed the order.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Aug 13, 2014, 01:26 PM
Joined Jun 2014
369 Posts
Hey guys just to update you all. My order finally shipped today from the Washington warehouse. Looks like my ETA is tomorrow so I guess I will anxiously wait.

GiusedtoBe my experience with HK has been pretty great and still have no complaints as of now. This order took an odd amount of time to process and ship but reading around sounds like ordering airplanes from HK takes 3 days to process and ship especially if placed on late friday.

A few post ago someone mentioned that it all gets thrown to the wednesday pickup pile and you sir were 100% correct as that is what happened.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2014, 02:24 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,406 Posts
Glad I am batting 1000%
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Aug 14, 2014, 06:13 AM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2012
132 Posts
So i accidentally ordered a 12*8 and I was flying a 12*7 on 4s with no problem. I have a 60 amp plush in there. Will it hold? I am almost done putting my old bird into a new fuse. The old 60 amp didnt work after it got wet, dried it out and worked for a while. Now its dead again. Replaced it with a plush.
tonyrizz is offline Find More Posts by tonyrizz
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
Joined Jun 2014
369 Posts
I finished putting mine together and I love the looks of this airplane so much more in person. I am currently working on a project for fun as I have a Dynam, Durafly, the new hobbyzone, and waiting for my blitzRCworks corsair to show up. I put my Dynam, Durafly, and Hobbyzone next to each other and asked my wife which she thought looked the best and she said the durafly without hesitation. Have to agree with her from the paint, the bright bright lights, to the model it is my favorite and the price is perfect.
RCG Plus Member