HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,114 Posts
Discussion
Test data Hoffman M. & Jet Scr. 1400, anyone ?

I am looking for a 1500 or + watt set up for 70mm Wemo Mini fan. I have two tested options now but am not sure if either will hold up long term. Would like to do some more testing on different motors and then post all findings at once. These two are lower kv and higher cell counts and not Hoffman or L.S.

Have not tested or been able to find any actual tests w/ hard data (volts, amps, watts, thrust, eflux) on the Hoffman motors or the Jet Screamer 1400 in a Mini fan. I've seen lots of folks bought and are planning to use, statements of expected output and talk. Somebody show me the numbers please.
4000kv and up seems like it will require tremendous amp draw on low (4s) cell count. It would be fabulous to stay under 80A w/ higher cell counts but I'm open.

Could also consider Neu 2900 or 3100kv on 5-6s,
ARC 2800, 3180kv on 5-6s
mega 16-20-2 3100kv on 5s but says 40A max
Have I left any out that aren't priced in the stratosphere?
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2009, 09:27 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,658 Posts
Go ahead Carl I'll watch We have done LOTS of testing on 3,4, and 5S in the Mini fan, HET 6904. I would love to see what you get
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:26 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
Um, I think he is asking somebody to post hard data on the setups he mentioned?

Quote:
Somebody show me the numbers please.
You know, like an Eagletree graph that shows the mentioned motors and the numbers they generated?
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:29 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,658 Posts
I've posted LOTS of those with the JS-1400 There is TONS of other's results as well in the JS-1400 bench test data thread too.
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:12 AM
hole digger
USA, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2002
3,282 Posts
Anybody that would like hard (accurate) data on the Hoffman motors please feel free to PM me.

Pete
hole digger is offline Find More Posts by hole digger
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:23 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
If your just going to use DATA provided from the factories I can shoot that over. I thought you were going to run tests head to head and compare all the motors with the same fan and batts?

If this is the case we can provide you with a motor for you to abuse

Scott
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,114 Posts
Well, it started as me just being curious as to the performance data for the Hoffman and Little screamer motors.
NOW, it has morphed into my need to know first hand and there will be at least four motors tested in the Mini fan on a number of cell counts. The goal is to find which can handle the abuse that exceeds 1000-1600 watts.
I could use your amp draw figures on the 5s set up to determine how large my lipo packs should be. I plan to purchase new lipos specifically for this test.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:30 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,790 Posts
I was interested in doing this exact style of comprehensive test a while ago. However, time makes us all the wiser and after observing the goings-on in a lot of motor threads around here, I now feel that this is NOT the place for such testing.

An open format where anybody/everybody can post their .02 will ultimately deteriorate into a mud slinging, name calling hullabaloo. And if you don't believe me, just poke around here a bit. Certain folks are guaranteed to show up and then it all goes downhill and it all gets ugly and it is a lose-lose for almost everybody, including the majority of the readers here, most of whom are very tired of the antics.

IMHO, one of the leading RC magazines would be a much better venue for any testing to take place.

And that is just MY .02! (See, like I said, EVERYBODY will just have to add a couple of pennies worth! )
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2009, 07:36 AM
Planet Earth
Joined Jul 2005
713 Posts
I just test a Hoffman with a 5 blade 70mm EDF (Not WeMotec). @4s (4s2p 2200mAh)it takes 100A !!! I put it on my Rafale and the performance is stunning!!! Since that is a short flight test and I will have further benchtest for other fan as well.
For a 4300kv+ motor, I believe it can perform well even at 3s, in order to calm down the current! My T plug melt after some full throttle burst !

I wonder why the stator mount and end bell is may of plastic (certainly good one) ? This gives me a surprise when I receive the motor!
tungym is offline Find More Posts by tungym
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:43 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,390 Posts
Waiting for my Wild Beast Carl. Will be next weekend earliest before I get a flight in with EagleTree data.
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Jan 31, 2009, 01:27 PM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,114 Posts
I'll look forward to your full report.
Old Feb 01, 2009, 09:26 AM
damn gravity again
trowbridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
664 Posts
hi all

well i got the arc and the wild beast is ordered now i just need a uk
seller that has the ls1400 in stock i got the het 3 blade and 4 blade
and the wemo too test,

eagle tree is all ordered just waiting on my next payday
ill be adding test data when all is arrived all tests will be done with same
batts and esc,fans

Dylan
supershuey is offline Find More Posts by supershuey
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:23 AM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,114 Posts
At this point I have all motors but Beast in the mail and on their way. ARC, Medusa and LS1400 w/ Mini.
Dylan, we could kill two birds w/ one stone if you had another 70mm fan to test on. Would you happen to have the HET or the WM400 for testing? Doesn't hurt for us both to test same motors in the same fan but we'd get more info if there was some variation. It's fine either way. The more testing the better!
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:31 AM
damn gravity again
trowbridge, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
664 Posts
hi

yes i have the het and mini fan ill see if i can get all the 70mm fans
im looking forward too testing the ds copy het dropped as i have a few of them and i love them only the rotors though as the motor mount was slightly
not central,
so ill be looking forward too this testing got some 4s 5000 30c coming too
5s on the ls1400 im very intrested in
Dylan
supershuey is offline Find More Posts by supershuey
Old Feb 01, 2009, 11:31 AM
Edmonds Wa. (Seattle)
Joined Nov 2003
3,926 Posts
So what your saying is that the one hold-out will not send a motor for testing??

Bummer

Scott
Littlescreamers is offline Find More Posts by Littlescreamers