SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 23, 2004, 09:46 PM
Registered Disabuser
Norfolk, Massachussetts
Joined Jul 2003
738 Posts
Great Design Program!

Hey guys!
If you don't have a 3d design program that you are happy with, try Maya Personal Learning Edition at www.aliaswavefront.com. It's free, easy to use, has great tutorials, and the results are accurate and beautiful. You gotta register to get a cdkey, but once you do, and start up the program, a web browser window will pop up. There is a link on the page called "Instant Maya." This is the best tutorial I have ever seen, and it makes using the program a breeze! It has almost all of the features that the full program has, including unlimited saves (unlike rhino) and the ability to export your work! Try it!
Wertygrog is offline Find More Posts by Wertygrog
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2004, 01:18 PM
Joined Apr 2004
32 Posts
Thanks for that link, but, it seems no dxf. export is posible!
Is that true?

Thanks

Coligny
Coligny is offline Find More Posts by Coligny
Old Aug 02, 2004, 05:01 PM
Registered Disabuser
Norfolk, Massachussetts
Joined Jul 2003
738 Posts
It might be..... im not familiar with dxf, what programs use that format?
Old Aug 02, 2004, 11:47 PM
Paducah Barkley, Kentucky, United States
Joined Sep 2003
783 Posts
Dang near every CAD program can import/export .dxf . Many if not most plans have been swapped using it for years. If it doesn't do .dxf then swapping files with people running other programs may be a pain.

mike
umrk is offline Find More Posts by umrk
Old Aug 03, 2004, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2004
32 Posts
dxf or stl would do for my CNC software. It seems the full version of MAYA can do dwg or dxf with a plugin, but not the PLE version on this site.

I must say, I have used Rhino, TC 9.5 pro and cadkey, and I think MAYA is the one i would like to use, it took me a few minutes to realise that, it is very user friendly. But it must have dxf export!
Old Aug 03, 2004, 09:15 PM
Registered Disabuser
Norfolk, Massachussetts
Joined Jul 2003
738 Posts
You're right about that, VERY fun, easy, and user friendly! My friend has PLE, so i have no problem importing/exporting to him! Maybe you can find a third-party plugin or something.......

brent
Old Aug 04, 2004, 11:01 AM
Joined Apr 2004
32 Posts
Yes there is a third party plugin, but like anything to do with Maya, it has a huge price tag, and that is because Maya is a pro application.
I really want to use this program, but no person building RC planes will buy suh a expensive program. So the PLE is a brilliant idea, and it makes the program known.

BUT, dxf, dwg?