HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2015, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2005
654 Posts
Yeah, that is what I call the RTL mnimum height.

As a programmer, I don't understand why it is so difficult as the variable obviously already exists. All they have to do it to show the parameter in the OSD and GCS and make it editable...

Could you please explain further about your bypass ?

Thanks
philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib
Last edited by philgib; Jan 14, 2015 at 12:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2015, 01:57 AM
Joined Apr 2010
160 Posts
The RTL height should be adjustable, agreed.

The reason the motor will not run below about +10m above launch height is to stop people cutting their faces off if they bump the tx switch. They could use airspeed for this trigger if they wanted or ground speed from the GPS, or a combination of both but it must be too hard for them to work that out. Even a user selectable "Safe mode" that enabled or disabled this feature would be better than just killing the motor below 10m...

It is important to know that the model will try to climb to +50m and turn for home when RTL is activated at below +10m but the motor is disabled so all that results is a stall/spin crash...

Bypass the autopilot throttle control when PLANNING to fly below launch height.

I have a three position on/off/on switch installed in my model that I have labled throttle "auto/off/manual".

The switch had 6 contacts on its base and I wired it as shown by my crude drawing thats attached. Let me know if you can't work it out and I'll try to explain it better.

If you have the switch set to auto prior to flight, the throttle will behave as designed by Fyetec and give you the problems you have noted.

If you have the switch set to off, the motor will not arm or run.

If you have the switch set to manual, the autopilot will not have any control over the esc...

Make sure you have the RX failsafe is set to a throttle value that will allow the model to climb safely to +50m when in RTL, make your own experiments to determine the proper throttle position for your model, too low and your model may stall while climbing, too high if overpowered might cause problems when in straight and level flight.

Hope this helps.
Gorrie is online now Find More Posts by Gorrie
Old Jan 22, 2015, 07:13 PM
Falcon's rc
USA, GA, Byron
Joined Apr 2009
246 Posts
THIS RESPONSE WAS SUPPOSEDES TO BE FOR POST #1029
Quote:
Originally Posted by philgib View Post
I have place the different elements in different places now but I have HUGE interferences... Any help please ?

Interferences video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=L3ij8yPFORM

I had the same problem on my 3 cameras set up 1 is 12v and 2 are 5v the 12v is been power by the 12v output on the FC one of the 5v by the Video tx and the other 5v camera by the S5 port (normally use for servo) I have at least 15 flies with this set up and everything works just fine with no noise on any camera
DanielMadrigal is offline Find More Posts by DanielMadrigal
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:23 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Dec 2013
29 Posts
the way to use only one switch (channel) instead of two

Hi,

I was interested in using only one channel instead of two with my FY-41AP because I preferred to use the other channel for other matter. I know I will have more limitations by using only one channel, but if it works then it is ok. I am using one Y cable to connect both channels in FY-41AP to the same channel in the receptor. Then with only one channel/switch I can control both channels in the FY-41AP.

For example I am using for the SW2 the setting:
-RTL
-NULL
-Navigation
In this way in the NULL position the SW1 will be in ABM and in the other positions the SW1 will not work, so I cannot have RC mode and 3D mode with this setting.

I know with only one switch I have more limitations than with two, but for example if I am not interested in manual mode (RC) and 3D mode for one determinate flight then I can use the above setting.

If for example in other flight I am interested in 3D mode then I can set in NULL the last position of SW2.

By the way, it does not matter the setting in SW2 if you change the switch from the middle position to the last positions 6 times (ABM to 3D) then the FY-41AP goes to setting mode. So, it is easy to change the setting even if you are using only one channel instead of two.

As far as I know it works. I have not used at the moment outside this setting with only one channel, but at home it seems it works.
luenma is offline Find More Posts by luenma
Old Feb 13, 2015, 02:19 AM
Joined Oct 2005
654 Posts
FY41 lite on my Penguin

philgib is offline Find More Posts by philgib