HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:05 AM
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
1,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordby View Post
Thanks E2N. Were you able to reach the motor wire / ESC connection though? I was able to remove the screw as well but the motor / ESC connection is deep in the fuse - there's no slack and it's under the battery compartment (I suppose I could just pull hard enough to remove but I'm concerned about damaging and how to reconnect?)
You could probably use tweezers or needle-nose pliers. I don't have the Yak anymore, so I can't help you too much.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Full Scale Aircraft
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:09 AM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,374 Posts
I find it's 100% easier to cut the tape, and then use some 1/2" transparent tape over top of the original tape, with a pull-tab folded on in case I ever need to get back into the plane. In fact, that's one of the first "mods" I do to pretty much all of my UMX planes. I do it because I know eventually I'm going to get sand in the gears of a servo - one of the hazards of Florida and having a runway that I use UMX planes on that's a "dirt" aka sand road. Also, eventually the servo strips are going to need conditioned, and it's much easier to then get into with my DeOxit to clean and recondition the servos.

That said, I think every servo on the Yak is accessible with the top hatch off, so it might not be as necessary. I'm just sharing my experience with UMX planes.

Ben
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:51 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
13,018 Posts
Regarding the tape - I do the same thing that Ben does. The tabs make it easy to remove, and since it's on top of the original tape, you won't be removing paint from the foam whenever you need to open the fuse.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:51 PM
United States, NC, Greensboro
Joined Sep 2009
14 Posts
Perfect - thanks Ben/Joel. I'll open her up now since I'll need to eventually.

I'm hoping the 2300 motor, factory prop, and 3S will still give me that floaty performance.

Eric
nordby is online now Find More Posts by nordby
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:45 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
730 Posts
Horizon hobby is having an Ultra Micro sale. The UMX Yak is $20.00 off. Maybe it will soon be discontinued?
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Jan 19, 2015, 02:49 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,374 Posts
I highly doubt that, 3 of their newest UMX planes are also on sale.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jan 19, 2015, 04:27 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
13,018 Posts
Yup. It's just one of their usual sales that happen pretty much every year.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Jan 19, 2015, 05:35 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
4,119 Posts
As soon as I finish degrading my UM Pitts , I'll get a new Yakkie.

It'll be a bonus if that coincides with another HH markdown on the Yak........

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2015, 05:40 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
4,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I highly doubt that, 3 of their newest UMX planes are also on sale.
Yep, I jumped on this new opportunity to get the V2 UMX Habu, since I flew the V1 so often (and so recklessly) that it became as airworthy as a doggie chew toy.

That U.S. Navy livery is irresistible. (Even if it doesn't make it a REAL warbird.......)

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:33 PM
Joined Aug 2014
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
Harrier in and flop as absolutely slowly as you can manage and it should be fine. The Beast3D's landing gear is quite tall, so if you're good at controlled slow harrier landings, it should be ok. That said, the Beast 3D wing rocks and sways side to side like it's trying to rock a baby to sleep in upright harrier so watch for that.

And to have everything 2S UMX except for Beast 3D and Carbon cub, you've really done your job bass-ackwards!
Hey Ben

One down... 😂 .. I just 😊 got my UMX beast 3d and you guys are all correct. Man it fly's Amazing... So slow then fast... Perfect smooth scale flying.. And
3d in low wind not bad either.... Had some great harriers..... Landing and plopping into the long Grass as you said..... I set all control surfaces right in as Joel suggested in the beast thread....
I've installed stryker servo covers to protect them also.....Just the CC to go and possibly the Fpv ultra micro kit

Craigus
Maximus2975 is offline Find More Posts by Maximus2975