HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:57 AM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
Discussion
Range issues (multiple) OPENLRS and FrSky

Hi

I have tried to solve my severe range problems for some time. (if it helps i can up load the recording of my last flight, including OSD)

I have the following setup
Plush ESC 30A
RvOSD 5.1
Orange Open LRS (latest firmware) RX
Orange open LRS 1w (latest firmware) TX (programmed in mode 7 = 1w)
I have build my own RSSI connector (capacitor and resistor)
Horizon 1080 HD
400mw "boscam" video TX (cloverleaf antenna)
600tvline "sony" board camera

Radio is a Turnigy 9X (custom firmware)

the RC RX antenna is all the way back on the horizontal stabilizer, GPS i located on the tail boom. ESC all the way forward together with FPV camera. On the "hood" i got the Horizon recording camera and just behind i have the Video TX. In the middle of all this i got the RC RX and the OSD.

I have tried stock antennas, Sander style on RX and RMILEC on TX. I have now built my own IBcrazy V antenna.. results are the same I have about 500m rage and RSSI drops fasts (RC TX is beeping like hell). I first thought that this had something to do with the LRS system so i changed to FrSky diversity / telemetry system and it suffers from the exact same symptoms

So i start to wounder if there is something very noisy within my setup that is causing this issues for me, but without an spectrum analyzer i don't know where to start.. Anyone on here whom might have an idea or whom have suffered from the same kind of range issue on both 2,4Ghz and 433Mhz?

if it matters, everything share the same ground (except the horizon HD camera who has its own battery).

I have eliminated the Horizan HD cam, same problems even if powered off.
swefpv is offline Find More Posts by swefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2014, 02:38 PM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
i gave up, purchased a dragon link..
swefpv is offline Find More Posts by swefpv
Old Nov 16, 2014, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
24 Posts
Try upgrading the firmware to Openlrsng. The stock firmware on these things is terrible. I've been out 3 miles an could probably go a lot farther.

Use Google Chrome and install this add on: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...imbdkgnpndjnkl

Be sure you upgrade your tx and rx.
utjason8 is online now Find More Posts by utjason8
Old Nov 16, 2014, 08:07 PM
Unemployed mattress tester
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined May 2011
739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swefpv View Post
i gave up, purchased a dragon link..
did that fix it?
Qwin is online now Find More Posts by Qwin