HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2013, 04:43 PM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Discussion
The quad man ... What happened to my quad?

Hi guys,

Iv found my self in a situation. A while ago I bought a quad from gentleman by the name of bobepine aka armattan quads. The quad was an armattan 355 with spares for arms , and the rest of the frame , all ready to fly in perfect condition...only thing required was tx/rx .. So I opted to send the quad directly from bobepine aka Chris to will Robbins aka the quad man. www.thequadman.com

As requested by me Chris sent the package to the quadman which he received in January 2013.

It's April 2013 now and I still haven't received my quad or even a quote , and I've , mailed , telephoned and asked for numerous times. If I didn't live in malaysia I could even drop by to inquire as to the status but since I'm In malaysia on the other side of the world..,this is not a possibility..

I get replies Saying next week , or the week after but nothing seems to happen.. I even requested to be billed for me calling him as I was told by him calling him gets him charged too.. From the start I made it clear that im more than happy to pay ASAP once I was informed but no replies or action taken ...

Seriously I'm lost... Since January I even gotten another quad from bobepine all set up and ready to fly.. But i figured its not fair what happened to me and its only right I at least get back my quad...

I'd appreciate any advice or comments regarding this situation as the quadman is a member at RCG by the name of syclone and I figured giving someone 4 months is ample time ...
Please if you see this , will , get In touch with me as I've been really patient with you dude... Even now ill just be happy to get my quad back.. With or without tx n rx ..I sent u a complete quad with spares out of trust and cuz it seemed like there was firm belief in good business ethics...

Cheers
Best regards
Ayo
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Last edited by Ayodhya; May 08, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2013, 04:56 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
7,026 Posts
Did you click the website you linked? If not, I suggest you do because I think you'll have your answer... it's printed in big bold red letters on the front page of the site. Good luck, hope that helps.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old May 01, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Did you click the website you linked? If not, I suggest you do because I think you'll have your answer... it's printed in big bold red letters on the front page of the site. Good luck, hope that helps.
Hi
yes I did... This particular emergency message was put a few weeks ago..about a month ago. Please understand I know an emergency has happened..I'm merely opening this thread cuz the previous three months nothing had happened..and Iv nothing against him, I just wanna know if this is to be expected.. A 4 month wait to get a rx n TX...

I don't mean to offend anyone , will, included, just didn't think it was fair what initially happened to me..

Edit : its no longer April its may..4 months.
Cheers
Ayo
Last edited by Ayodhya; May 01, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old May 01, 2013, 06:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Jul 2012
82 Posts
I believe his username is _SYCLONE_ on this forum, if that helps at all.
robert_houdin is offline Find More Posts by robert_houdin
Old May 01, 2013, 07:36 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
He's been hard to get a hold of and rarely responds to email/text/phone. I'm waiting for him to return to respond as well for some DOA parts I bought from him. Hope his situation is ok, but on the subject of his online business it's been almost 2 months of me trying to get an exchange/refund. Again hope his family is well, also hope he will tend to his customers once he is able to.
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old May 01, 2013, 08:08 PM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Me too, I hope all is well with family ..n I really do hope he responds when he's back...
Old May 01, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, IN, Jeff
Joined Dec 2012
367 Posts
Good luck with this guy is all I'm going to say. Hope he reads this and you get your quad back safe and sound.
offtopic is online now Find More Posts by offtopic
Old May 01, 2013, 09:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
151 Posts
ive also been trying to get a hold of him for quite some time now. back on jan 9th i ordered a naza and tbs frame ($350). the naza ended up selling out after i placed my order.

previously i bought my first quadcopter from him and he was always quick to respond and gave me a lot of pointers and tips

when i found out the naza was back ordered i told him i wasnt in a rush (still winter, more skiing, less flying). he kept in touch and gave me update here and there but it was always a "anyday now" type thing. by march i was tired of waiting and told him i just wanted my money back. the last email i received from him was in march 20th when he was on "vacation" saying he wasnt able to get into his paypal account (wth). since then ive sent him numerous emails and phone calls and he hasnt responded to anything.
CWorth is offline Find More Posts by CWorth
Old May 02, 2013, 04:12 AM
Joined May 2010
164 Posts
Why quad man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hi guys,

Iv found my self in a situation. A while ago I bought a quad from gentleman by the name of bobepine aka armattan quads. The quad was an armattan 355 with spares for arms , and the rest of the frame , all ready to fly in perfect condition...only thing required was tx/rx .. So I opted to send the quad directly from bobepine aka Chris to will Robinson aka the quad man. www.thequadman.com

As requested by me Chris sent the package to the quadman which he received in January 2013.

It's April 2013 now and I still haven't received my quad or even a quote , and I've , mailed , telephoned and asked for numerous times. If I didn't live in malaysia I could even drop by to inquire as to the status but since I'm In malaysia on the other side of the world..,this is not a possibility..

I get replies Saying next week , or the week after but nothing seems to happen.. I even requested to be billed for me calling him as I was told by him calling him gets him charged too.. From the start I made it clear that im more than happy to pay ASAP once I was informed but no replies or action taken ...

Seriously I'm lost... Since January I even gotten another quad from bobepine all set up and ready to fly.. But i figured its not fair what happened to me and its only right I at least get back my quad...

I'd appreciate any advice or comments regarding this situation as the quadman is a member at RCG by the name of syclone and I figured giving someone 4 months is ample time ...
Please if you see this , will , get In touch with me as I've been really patient with you dude... Even now ill just be happy to get my quad back.. With or without tx n rx ..I sent u a complete quad with spares out of trust and cuz it seemed like there was firm belief in good business ethics...

Cheers
Best regards
Ayo
Hello, Im just curious as to why you had bobpine send your quad to the quadman?
redcard1 is offline Find More Posts by redcard1
Old May 02, 2013, 04:52 AM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard1 View Post
Hello, Im just curious as to why you had bobpine send your quad to the quadman?
Hi,
As said it was sent cuz I only recently got into this hobby, I got the quad sent to him cuz he was willing to set receiver and transmitter for me ( spektrum) and spare props and motors that he was selling in his site and other small components like prop adaptors etc..

Being new to the hobby I figured it would make a lot easier if i had the rx n tx setup so when I receive it I could try my hand at flying..least that was the plan..

Cheers
Regards
Ayo
Old May 02, 2013, 05:01 AM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glenrothes
Joined Mar 2013
333 Posts
Family emergencies don't last months and if they do you STOP takin' MORE orders and INFORM ALL your waiting customers of the delay. I'm sick to death of hearing about sellers having "family emergencies" which preclude them from ever contacting anyone to tell them what's going on. It's a lame excuse but a favourite of liars.

"I have a family emergency and as a result my internets has stopped working and I can't communicate with anyone I owe money/goods to."
MOFO64 is offline Find More Posts by MOFO64
Old May 02, 2013, 06:15 AM
Joined Nov 2012
884 Posts
I completely understand that ppl go through hard times... Hence why I waited for so long... Even now I got nothing against him... There's two sides to a story... Even now id give him the Benefit of the doubt...if only I knew what the status of the quad is...sigh...I just want it back..
No drama , no pointing the fingers..

Cheers
Ayo
Old May 02, 2013, 09:04 AM
United States, FL, Naples
Joined Mar 2011
56 Posts
Unfortunately I am in the same boat as others mentioned on this post. I have sent a mail to him last week, hoping all was all right with his family but at the same time I need answers. Not sure what my next steps will be. You would think any business would always want to keep their communications open with their customers.
cu19 is offline Find More Posts by cu19
Old May 02, 2013, 09:56 AM
Joined May 2010
164 Posts
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayodhya View Post
Hi,
As said it was sent cuz I only recently got into this hobby, I got the quad sent to him cuz he was willing to set receiver and transmitter for me ( spektrum) and spare props and motors that he was selling in his site and other small components like prop adaptors etc..

Being new to the hobby I figured it would make a lot easier if i had the rx n tx setup so when I receive it I could try my hand at flying..least that was the plan..

Cheers
Regards
Ayo
I hope you get your quad back, If you still need help setting it up let me know, I have a quad set up on a spektrum dx6i too.
redcard1 is offline Find More Posts by redcard1
Old May 02, 2013, 12:46 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu19 View Post
Unfortunately I am in the same boat as others mentioned on this post. I have sent a mail to him last week, hoping all was all right with his family but at the same time I need answers. Not sure what my next steps will be. You would think any business would always want to keep their communications open with their customers.
Not a very typical small business behavior in this industry I have gathered (communicating well). The better vendors quickly rise to the top in this regard. In my last conversation with him he mentioned a couple things: he was moving toward AP work to take most of his time, his brother was doing the builds now. I have only done one purchase from him, but the product I received was not put together properly and two were DOA. Whether you believe or not that he is going through hard personal times there did seem to be some material change in his responsiveness from hard to reach to...flat out disconnect from the world.

Despite his message on the website I think this thread should be referenced on the Vendor Feedback forum, I'm sure there are others in a similar situation.
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken