HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Aug 2009
16 Posts
Discussion
where to fly in Marin county?

Greetings -- I used to do a fair amount of flying but have been away from it. There are several good places in Marin depending on your preferences and needs.

I did most of my flying at Piper Park in Larkspur. There used to be a contingent of T-28 fans and slow flyers that were there regularly. Problem is you have to be an early bird and fly between 7:30 and 8:30 in the am or face the soccer, baseball, bbq crowd setting up. Weekdays that's less a problem, but you are less likely to meet other flyers then.

I have recently moved to Terra Linda and I understand that there are flyers at times on the fields behind the Vallecito school. It's a fabulous field but I haven't seen flyers there for a while. Anyone know about this area?

For gliders -- four corners in Mill Valley or the lookout point just past Muir Beach heading north on US1 are the spots to check out.

Any other locales? There have to be more.

Rockfish
Rockfish8 is offline Find More Posts by Rockfish8
to remove ads between posts