HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
If the specs are correct its 7mm taller than the c05m, thats a huuge difference, it definitely wont fit with an uncut canopy.
The C05m is 17mm, the Walkera Genius BL motor is 20mm and look how much bigger the XL is than that.
Hobbyking uses a pic of the c05m for the XL so you dont see the actual difference.

RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
in the description on hobbyking someone said 14mm diameter, thats same size as regular c05. and only 2 grams heavier then c05. So it looks like the c05xl would work great. I am positive that all these little motors need is a better rewind. I would rewind my c05 but I am using it in my mini. It seems no one has rewound the little c05 to see what potential it has. Any takers

Hobbyking c05xl description:

Kv (rpm/v) 10800
Weight (g) 6.8
Max Current (A) 4
Resistance (mh) 0
Max Voltage (V) 4
Power(W) 40
Shaft A (mm) 2
Length B (mm) 15 ,
Diameter C (mm) 14
Can Length D (mm) 9
Total Length E (mm) 22

co5 description
Kv (rpm/v) 11000
Weight (g) 4.6
Max Current (A) 7
Resistance (mh) 0
Max Voltage (V) 42
Power(W) 60
Shaft A (mm) 2
Length B (mm) 11
Diameter C (mm) 14
Can Length D (mm) 5
Total Length E (mm) 17

too bad I dont have the c06 from wows description
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Last edited by mescalinedream; Mar 25, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:09 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
yeah i think it will fit.. the XL is only like 4mm taller than the C05M (not factoring in shaft lenth).

i also found this one.. doesn't have any mounting holes it seems.. 3700kv.. all torque? lol
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 25, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Jul 2008
775 Posts
Someone in the review said the shaft can be pressed into the bell to make it front mounted for micro helis. So that one seems like it would work too scub.
mescalinedream is offline Find More Posts by mescalinedream
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Dec 2011
871 Posts
Wouldn't the higher kv motor be preferred? I need to order some batteries anyways so I'll get the c05xl as well.
itsmillertime is offline Find More Posts by itsmillertime
Old Mar 25, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Ah yeah so the motor itself is 17mm, so 1mm taller than the Walkera bl motor, but even that doesnt fit without cutting the canopy quite a bit.
Last edited by RawmadeCF; Mar 25, 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
You can purchase parts which we also carry, do it yourself and save money. Greedy is a pretty heavy word to use, is Apple charging 2 times more than PC greed? They are providing value to the end users. Here we have a kit that is a turn key solution for people who don't want the fuzz and just want to fly
Please understand we are using US labor to do this and we also guaranteed it with advanced replacement for US located customers with postage prepaid both ways if anything goes wrong. We have the same guarantee for the MCPX BL conversion kit.

For people who are handy and would like to save money here is what you can do. Purchase the following parts.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/salehm-43b...a43b4g3-1.aspx
http://www.wowhobbies.com/batteryrec...nectorset.aspx
solder it on the power lead
buy shrink tube online and use a heat gun to shrink it after it is done

http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...motor-43g.aspx
The motor connector is all done for you on this motor and the shaft is tapered down to 1mm to fit your stock pinion, if you buy the Hobby King one, the shaft is 1.5mm which you need to mill it down to 1mm to fit the pinion. In the past, I have milled the pinion down but it is extremely hard without destroying the motor shaft. You can also try to find a pinion with 1.5mm bore from another online store. Also make sure you buy a 3 pin motor connector and some shrink tube, and yes, Wow has it listed for $24.95 but the connector and the shaft are all ready.
Next pull off the pinion of your brush motor using a pinion puller
Push the pinion in, enlarge the bore if it is too tight, it needs to be exact or you will bend the 1mm motor shaft and the motor is toast.
Last of all there is about 30% mis match timing and the motor will cog during startup, but there is a fair chance everything will work.

We have 5 owners here (2 new owners), all work over 100 hours per week, so happend to be Steve Job's hours who passed away from over working his liver. Please do not use the word "greedy" and we'll appreciate it.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
You vendors really should stay off these boards. You're greedy and not very honest in many peoples view points.
fretman is offline Find More Posts by fretman
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowhobbies View Post
You can purchase parts which we also carry, do it yourself and save money. Greedy is a pretty heavy word to use, is Apple charging 2 times more than PC greed? They are providing value to the end users. Here we have a kit that is a turn key solution for people who don't want the fuzz and just want to fly
Please understand we are using US labor to do this and we also guaranteed it with advanced replacement for US located customers with postage prepaid both ways if anything goes wrong. We have the same guarantee for the MCPX BL conversion kit.

For people who are handy and would like to save money here is what you can do. Purchase the following parts.
http://www.wowhobbies.com/salehm-43b...a43b4g3-1.aspx
http://www.wowhobbies.com/batteryrec...nectorset.aspx
solder it on the power lead
buy shrink tube online and use a heat gun to shrink it after it is done

http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace41...motor-43g.aspx
The motor connector is all done for you on this motor and the shaft is tapered down to 1mm to fit your stock pinion, if you buy the Hobby King one, the shaft is 1.5mm which you need to mill it down to 1mm to fit the pinion. In the past, I have milled the pinion down but it is extremely hard without destroying the motor shaft. You can also try to find a pinion with 1.5mm bore from another online store. Also make sure you buy a 3 pin motor connector and some shrink tube, and yes, Wow has it listed for $24.95 but the connector and the shaft are all ready.
Next pull off the pinion of your brush motor using a pinion puller
Push the pinion in, enlarge the bore if it is too tight, it needs to be exact or you will bend the 1mm motor shaft and the motor is toast.
Last of all there is about 30% mis match timing and the motor will cog during startup, but there is a fair chance everything will work.

We have 5 owners here (2 new owners), all work over 100 hours per week, so happend to be Steve Job's hours who passed away from over working his liver. Please do not use the word "greedy" and we'll appreciate it.

Jonathan9113
www.WowHobbies.com
I am one of those who likes to tinker but sometimes a turnkey solution is nice. Im willing to pay 60.00 for this kit. Just to clarify ( because Im buying this kit from you all this week ). It comes with the co5, 350mah battery, esc, tailboom, and brushless tail motor right?
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman View Post
You vendors really should stay off these boards. You're greedy and not very honest in many peoples view points.
You know WOW may not always get a sparkling review and sometimes we think vendors can be " shady ", but it all comes down to this. They are a walkera dealer in the US and allow me to get parts in 3 days instead of 3 weeks. To me its worth it, if its not worth it to you then maybe you should order from china or just leave WOW alone because for people like me WOW has been nothing but great and if there is a little price markup its nothing I havent seen at the gaspump, at kroger, at target. You think WOW is the only ones who inflate prices a little to make a profit? Its how the world works man, sucks but its true.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:08 PM
United States, MA, Springfield
Joined Dec 2010
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
You know WOW may not always get a sparkling review and sometimes we think vendors can be " shady ", but it all comes down to this. They are a walkera dealer in the US and allow me to get parts in 3 days instead of 3 weeks. To me its worth it, if its not worth it to you then maybe you should order from china or just leave WOW alone because for people like me WOW has been nothing but great and if there is a little price markup its nothing I havent seen at the gaspump, at kroger, at target. You think WOW is the only ones who inflate prices a little to make a profit? Its how the world works man, sucks but its true.
there are several other places in the states that sell walkera.. rather than express my option i just vote with my wallet. go ahead and pay the $60, i got the same parts from other place in US for half that.

anyway, this thread is going way off topic..
scub is offline Find More Posts by scub
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
I am one of those who likes to tinker but sometimes a turnkey solution is nice. Im willing to pay 60.00 for this kit. Just to clarify ( because Im buying this kit from you all this week ). It comes with the co5, 350mah battery, esc, tailboom, and brushless tail motor right?
youre confusing the wow kit with the walkera genius kit.
The Wow kit is only c05 main motor, esc and maingear.
The walkera genius double BL kit is the main motor, 350mah battery, dual esc, boom and tail motor.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scub View Post
there are several other places in the states that sell walkera.. rather than express my option i just vote with my wallet. go ahead and pay the $60, i got the same parts from other place in US for half that.

anyway, this thread is going way off topic..
maybe I will just do it myself, paying 60 does seem a little steep I suppose. Im just LAZY sometimes. The only thing Im worried about is attaching the gear to the motor pinion.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
youre confusing the wow kit with the walkera genius kit.
The Wow kit is only c05 main motor, esc and maingear.
The walkera genius double BL kit is the main motor, 350mah battery, dual esc, boom and tail motor.
I see, so the kit they have for 60.00 is only ESC and motor. I already have the gear and an extra so that means nothing to me then. Ok, yea this is too expensive now that I understand what this kit includes.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
I have a spare brushless converter/esc id sell cheap, all youd need is the c05 from Hobbyking for $14 or wow for $24.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
I have a spare brushless converter/esc id sell cheap, all youd need is the c05 from Hobbyking for $14 or wow for $24.
how much for the esc, I may be interested.

edit : PM me if ya want.