HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2014, 05:40 AM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
How long would a lipo take to charge with the Imax b6 charger that you recommended to me?
noobsRus is offline Find More Posts by noobsRus
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2014, 05:49 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobsRus View Post
How long would a lipo take to charge with the Imax b6 charger that you recommended to me?
Depends on the LiPo capacity and voltage. The Imax is usually limited to 50 watt output power available for charging. Also, the charge current is limited to 5A. If you take a 2S LiPo (7.4 volts, 8.4 volts fresh of the charger) you can charge at 5A without running into the 50 watt limit, as 8.4 volts x 5A = 42 Watt.

If the lipo is 5000 mAh capacity, it should take an hour to charge, if there are no energy losses during charging (but there are some) and the battery is fully discharged. But you can't fully discharge a lipo, or it will break down, and might even ignite, so it should never be fully empty, so charging time will be lower.

If you take a lower capacity LiPo, charging times will be lower.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2014, 06:07 AM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
Okay that's not too bad. So I have the neo fighter kit from RC mart ($124 + shipping)
Then the radio, servo, battery and charger ($105 with shipping)
That's a touch more than I wanted but I dont think I complain
Old May 11, 2014, 06:21 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Kits usually cost more than RTR. You can buy a similar RTR for about 100 to 150, and then only need a battery and charger. But then you won't get to build the car, unless you tear it apart first, then put it together again.

And it's actually quite cheap, back in the says when I started out, a battery would already cost about the same as it does now, but in those days money was worth a lot more.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2014, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
Yeah, well I have made up my mind and I think I will get the neo, I will keep you updated when it comes!
Old May 11, 2014, 05:15 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Looking forward to your results. We can always use more build log threads or review threads.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2014, 10:56 PM
Cookie
Australia, NSW, Petersham
Joined Sep 2005
1,181 Posts
Your a good man solo.

NoobsRus - can't you ask your uncle for help regarding charging/buying lipos? Hobbyking wharehouse is Moruya NSW, soooo, if your in NSW & even pay slow mail post, things can be at your door very quickly. Of course order in stock items with 10+ showing.

With rcmart, pay for best postage. It will be tracked/insured and arrive very quickly. Be home. Don't mix things with them.

Take care,
Pete
10x8 is offline Find More Posts by 10x8
Old May 12, 2014, 05:34 AM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
I just bought everything!! Hopefully it arrives soon hahaha
Pete - I could ring my uncle about the batteries but he lives on the other side of the country, so he cant really show me what to do
Old May 12, 2014, 06:43 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Ok, we will try to talk you through it. Lipos are not rocket science, but need a few things observed or they will go bad or even catch fire.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:49 AM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
Hey guys! I have been pretty busy lately so I have fprgot to update this but I have finished the build and it looks good. I havent driven it yet but I will soon. This was the first time painting anything like this so its a bit dodgy but I like it. I hope you like it
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:23 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,674 Posts
Well, it's green, so the Frog stickers don't look too much out of place, I think.

Looking nice, good luck on the first run!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:09 AM
Joined Apr 2014
40 Posts
Yeah, well thats the problem hahahaha. The speed controller came dead on arrival (sorta, the button cant be pushed down and it doesnt even light up) and I think my servo is buggered. When I turn everything on, the wheels go to the neutral position but then they dont turn. Has this happened to you? I think it I will solve it soon, I am going to my lhs in a few weeks.