SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
Fly First // Post Later
Joined May 2013
690 Posts
You beat me to it Bajora Weigh is around 200 g with mobius on it (no battery). Price is $99

RumbleQuad is offline Find More Posts by RumbleQuad
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Bham,AL.
Joined Aug 2007
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleQuad View Post
You beat me to it Bajora Weigh is around 200 g with mobius on it (no battery). Price is $99
I was about to pull the trigger when I saw a comment there that is is no room at all for the video out cable.
fx1mark is offline Find More Posts by fx1mark
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Sep 2013
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx1mark View Post
I was about to pull the trigger when I saw a comment there that is is no room at all for the video out cable.
Nobody has tested it, and it's hard to tell from the pictures

The video out cable will add weight in the back, forcing you to move the Mobius forward to balance things out. There might be enough space for a 90 degrees video out

But, unless you build a custom video out with super-flexible, thin silicon wires, the video out will completely upset the gimbal

On a side note, that gimbal will require you to permanently bond the Mobius to the support, since it does not use the Mobius holder. And, before you find the right balance, expect a lot of experiments and frustration. Even if you use a removable adhesive pad, it will take so long to find the right spot that you will not want to swap the camera out

The right design for a Mobius gimbal is one that uses a Mobius holder (either the original one, too heavy, though, or a custom-made one. Once you balance that setup, you can easily remove and reinsert the Mobius as many times as you want
robca is online now Find More Posts by robca
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Bham,AL.
Joined Aug 2007
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robca View Post
Nobody has tested it, and it's hard to tell from the pictures

The video out cable will add weight in the back, forcing you to move the Mobius forward to balance things out. There might be enough space for a 90 degrees video out

But, unless you build a custom video out with super-flexible, thin silicon wires, the video out will completely upset the gimbal

On a side note, that gimbal will require you to permanently bond the Mobius to the support, since it does not use the Mobius holder. And, before you find the right balance, expect a lot of experiments and frustration. Even if you use a removable adhesive pad, it will take so long to find the right spot that you will not want to swap the camera out

The right design for a Mobius gimbal is one that uses a Mobius holder (either the original one, too heavy, though, or a custom-made one. Once you balance that setup, you can easily remove and reinsert the Mobius as many times as you want
the video out I use, I have stripped the black plastic covering from the wires so I just have the small video wires only. then I would route the wires so that they are across the pivot point of the motor with enough slack to allow for the rotation of the motor. I haven't done this, but I would think someone has.
fx1mark is offline Find More Posts by fx1mark
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM
Vienna, VA, USA
Joined Dec 2005
793 Posts
Quote:
the video out I use, I have stripped the black plastic covering from the wires so I just have the small video wires only. then I would route the wires so that they are across the pivot point of the motor with enough slack to allow for the rotation of the motor. I haven't done this, but I would think someone has.
I've done this with a Mobius on a modded Tarot 2d gimbal and it works well. Rather surprisingly, there is less jitter with the wires attached, they seem to have a damping effect.
Resurgam is online now Find More Posts by Resurgam
Old Today, 01:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Yateley
Joined Feb 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
Do you think this would be able to be mounted on a TBS Disc Pro (not mounting on the undercarriage)?

ANDREW
adchesney is online now Find More Posts by adchesney
Old Today, 05:10 AM
Isle of Man
Joined Apr 2012
857 Posts
Should be no reason why you couldn't mount it with the damper plate orientated to the vertical position or even through 180 degree so the damper plate is on the bottom.

I bit the bullet on this one so I should have it within a couple of weeks and I will try all ways of mounting as I want to use on both planes and multi's,
jhkiom is online now Find More Posts by jhkiom
Old Today, 04:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, Yateley
Joined Feb 2014
147 Posts
I will wait for HK to stock in either EU or UK warehouse - delays and tax are a nightmare.

ANDREW
adchesney is online now Find More Posts by adchesney