HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
146 Posts
Got my V202 today!

Fast shipping as usual once again! Ordered Friday....At my door on Monday!

Definitely doesn't hands off hover like the mini-pet but wow is it agile! I'd say it's pretty close to my LB V1 at half the price! (Didn't even fly it with the scorpion canopy....went straight to the WL Beetle canopy as I like the looks of it a lot better.)

Now I just have to wait on some decent weather to get this thing outside... 22 degree's and a ft. of snow just doesn't sound to appealing right now....lol

Thanks again MO!
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:03 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
Wow JW, that's flattery for the V202 as the LB and Eye One being the bar by which all others are measured.

Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:42 AM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
I was over at my dad's yesterday and flew his MP some more. I got to say I like flying outside quite a bit. It's a conservative flyer compared to my U816, but holds its altitude well and, of course, is easy to see. It's also a good copter to fly close to the ground. I like to see how close I can buzz over things like plants and things, like a real bee.

By the way, one thing you may want to include with every order is a care sheet.

A kind of quick guide on things like:

Prop maintenance (binding, hair and grass clogging, etc. )
Flying tips (beware of the slight delay and the flip mode, nose out practice, etc)
Battery maintenance and easy connecting/disconnecting
Explaining the tx (modes and binding procedure)

I know it comes with a manual and you have tips on the website, but for non-RC people, old people, and children, I think every bit of info would help.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:49 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
I was over at my dad's yesterday and flew his MP some more. I got to say I like flying outside quite a bit. It's a conservative flyer compared to my U816, but holds its altitude well and, of course, is easy to see. It's also a good copter to fly close to the ground. I like to see how close I can buzz over things like plants and things, like a real bee.

By the way, one thing you may want to include with every order is a care sheet.

A kind of quick guide on things like:

Prop maintenance (binding, hair and grass clogging, etc. )
Flying tips (beware of the slight delay and the flip mode, nose out practice, etc)
Battery maintenance and easy connecting/disconnecting
Explaining the tx (modes and binding procedure)

I know it comes with a manual and you have tips on the website, but for non-RC people, old people, and children, I think every bit of info would help.
I'll see if we can do this...........but will require getting bulk copies made, so shopping around may take some time. It's a good point though as looking at the majority of our customers, alot are over 40
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:38 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Yep. And if you really want to think outside the box, you could sell every micro quad with a little birth certificate, individual name, and a little propeller print on it.

Warning: I may be a bit hungover from last night. Don't listen to me.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:43 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
as looking at the majority of our customers, alot are over 40

Hey! I resemble that remark.
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:03 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Just talked to our supplier and our Hubsan X4's should be shipping to us on the 2nd or 3rd, so that means usually a week's time since these are retail boxed and Chinese customs shouldn't be so much of a hassle.
SWEET!

Mass, is the price going to be in the same range as the V202? C'mon bro, you're not gonna try and gouge us like the rest of them are ya??? Hahahahahaa! Look, I'm gonna be crashing these birds and needing back-ups, no doubt about it.

As a matter of fact; I really don't feel like waiting for my order from BG to get here. If I ran to town, deposited some cashola into the checking account I use for Paypal, and got my order made before 2:00PM PST, do you think you could get a V202 shipped today? Now that you have figured-out how to reduce shipping costs down to the $5-6 range, I really don't mind paying it now, and again for 2nd X4 as well.

Talk to me brother,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Hey! I resemble that remark.
LOL me as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCrashTestDummy View Post
SWEET!

Mass, is the price going to be in the same range as the V202? C'mon bro, you're not gonna try and gouge us like the rest of them are ya??? Hahahahahaa! Look, I'm gonna be crashing these birds and needing back-ups, no doubt about it.

As a matter of fact; I really don't feel like waiting for my order from BG to get here. If I ran to town, deposited some cashola into the checking account I use for Paypal, and got my order made before 2:00PM PST, do you think you could get a V202 shipped today? Now that you have figured-out how to reduce shipping costs down to the $5-6 range, I really don't mind paying it now, and again for 2nd X4 as well.

Talk to me brother,

-Pat
I'm doing the number crunching now. Since we couldn't get these broken down and they're in the retail packaging, we're having to pay $10 more per quad so price is going to be probably $59.95 plus shipping, but that's not set in stone.

Now shipping, if you want the retail box, then it will be Priority Medium Flat rate, which is $10.85, but if you don't want the retail box, then shipping will be roughly $5-7 depending where you live.......sent Priority.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
LOL me as well

I'm doing the number crunching now. Since we couldn't get these broken down and they're in the retail packaging, we're having to pay $10 more per quad so price is going to be probably $59.95 plus shipping, but that's not set in stone.

Now shipping, if you want the retail box, then it will be Priority Medium Flat rate, which is $10.85, but if you don't want the retail box, then shipping will be roughly $5-7 depending where you live.......sent Priority.
Okay, sounds good Mass. I don't need the retail box for any reason. Let me zip to town, deposit some money, and place my order for the V202. Order should be placed within the hour.

Thanks,

-Pat

P.S. $55+shipping=sold-out FAST on the X4 I'll be first in line...hahahahaa
Last edited by RCCrashTestDummy; Jan 01, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Forgot to ask.....

If I recall correctly, you mentioned that you guys should be getting in some batts soon??? Are you using your 45-90c batts on your x4 as well as your V202, this would be great? It sounds like they may be in about the same time as the X4. I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

-Pat
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
Hey Pat. The Turnigy replenishment of 100 is on its way now. Last update was:

20/12/2012 23:08 Handover to Airline

So who knows how long it will take from there, but you're probably right. You can use the Turnigy's on any quad, but the V202 will require some foam strips. The X4's holder seems to grab it decently without extra padding.

With our X4 order we're also getting 100 spare body shell kits and 400 spare prop sets (200 of the black set and 200 of the white set).
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:13 PM
pondside
Sutton, Ma.
Joined Aug 2010
155 Posts
MO, Don't you guys ever take a day off? Nice to know someone is dedicated to it's customers, you guys are setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the industry.

BD
pondside is offline Find More Posts by pondside
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondside View Post
MO, Don't you guys ever take a day off? Nice to know someone is dedicated to it's customers, you guys are setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the industry.

BD
Thanks Pondside, a bad day reading through RC Groups posts is better than the best day dealing with corporate BS, and doing technical documentation in my former life
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:37 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Hey Mo I was just checking Massive RC, are the 300mAH NanoTech batts the way to go just because of the higher C rating? I was able to flip the 202 well even with the 300 mAH 15C batts I ordered from you, the HJ997's.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,090 Posts
BD, in my day-to-day flying and demos (and lately even in my videos, including the outing with Bill) I use the stock batteries for both the MP and the V202. The only time I'll use the Turnigy's is when I'm doing 808 cam stuff as it's rarely calm conditions on the coast and there's always some sort of breeze.
Site Sponsor