HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stinson View Post
I work in a hobby store, and I fully support Parkzone, and other Horizon Hobby lines. Here's why: There is a customer support line where you actually receive support. I can't count the times we've referred customers to them, to hear later that CS sent them replacements free of cost. I bought a Trojan (my fourth!) and it had a dead servo out of the box. I called, and received a replacement in 2 days, no questions asked.

HH still carries replacement parts for their discontinued planes, including the Habu 1. On the other side, I broke a prop on an Asian B-17. Although it is still being sold, replacements were NEVER available. I ultimately found a substitute.

I also buy Asian products, but I know that if a part is broken, I'm either on my own, or in for a long drawn out replacement process, which will undoubtedly cost me money. Basically, the Asian web stores are just warehouses with cardboard boxes, from which you place your order and the appropriate box is routed to you.

Also, frankly, much of the Asian products are of lower quality, or cruder engineering. Just compare the fittings on the recent Pkz Hurricane with a BH or NP offering. The engineering costs are not free.

You can go for lowest cost, or best service, but expecting both will disappoint you.

Me? I'm buying the bare airframe and moving the guts from my Habu 1 into the 2. Can't wait!
You obviously ignored the part of my post where I stated by belief that Horizon's customer service is second to none. On this issue I couldnt agree more. But, come on now, you dont really believe Parkzone makes these things in Illinois do you? They go to the same places in Asia that alot of other companies go to, to get there products manufactured. You should know this.
Parkzone is run by some pretty smart people and they know their loyal customers will more for a product with their stamp on it. And, in some cases, so will I.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
I guess I wouldn't mind a plane that will require me to invest in some 4S batteries, as there are one or two pattern/3D planes I've been looking at that also recommend 4S. 3300's GensAce or Turnigy NanoTech's are around $30 each, not too bad.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:24 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
they have said that the bare airframe is unpainted (unless the factory does it anyway). the "ARF" version is $112.44 if you add up all the parts , painted wing, fuse, hatch cover, tail assy, decals, servo covers. I just assumed I would want to get new white servo covers. I just picked up a used habu version 1 bind and fly for a song and plan on putting the guts in this V2.
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
Old Apr 13, 2012, 02:31 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,653 Posts
I have to admit, I might have cried a little when I decided I couldn't "afford" a Habu 32, but with the Habu 2, I'll be atleast getting a new airframe for my existing Habu and making the upgrade to the flaps and retracts. IMHO, this is a great offering for a great price. Thanks Horizon.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
Well, I have only some smaller 2S'es and 1800/2200 3S Lipos...The 5S are even more expensive than the 4S of course...
You can go 6S 2200 (3S+3S). You'll need a new controller and motor (2100-2200kv).
I use this setup exclusively for 70mm planes.
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Mar 2006
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdshort View Post
I guess I wouldn't mind a plane that will require me to invest in some 4S batteries, as there are one or two pattern/3D planes I've been looking at that also recommend 4S. 3300's GensAce or Turnigy NanoTech's are around $30 each, not too bad.
I guess I will have to make the plunge when it comes to it
Hopefully the Habus'll be supplied here in Europe as well somewhere, as the shipping from the US will kill me because of the sales and import tax (they even steal charge that here over the shipping cost!!!)
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:13 PM
Joined Mar 2006
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr View Post
You can go 6S 2200 (3S+3S). You'll need a new controller and motor (2100-2200kv).
I use this setup exclusively for 70mm planes.
This sounds interesting, but since the packs I have are 1800 and 2200mAh, how much flight time (2x2200mAh) will that get me, given that with a 6S you have a lot more volts, and probably need less throttle to get the same speed?
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:26 PM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,517 Posts
The same flight time as 4S 3200-4000. The 4S will pull 60+ amps, but I'm only pulling 37-43 amps, installed, depending on motor and fan.
My thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4&highlight=6s
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2006
505 Posts
To Compare HH products to other Vendors is just utterly ridiculous.

Please let me continue to pay the HH/PZ pricing structure. That way I will get a quality plane, manual, support and parts. The others, BH, HK, Nitroplanes, etc. fail in several of these areas.

Anyone who has spent anytime building and flying both sides of this argument knows. 90% of the time get:

foam deformed
NO Customer service
If you get a manual at all, it most likely will have the wrong CG
Bent pust rods.
The list goes on and on.

I get that HH / PZ / Eflite stuff comes from china, but the differnce is HH doesn't accept the crap the chinese factories try to push off on them. Why do you think there has been such a long delay on the F4.
stvinvegas is offline Find More Posts by stvinvegas
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:16 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine View Post
I have to admit, I might have cried a little when I decided I couldn't "afford" a Habu 32, but with the Habu 2, I'll be atleast getting a new airframe for my existing Habu and making the upgrade to the flaps and retracts. IMHO, this is a great offering for a great price. Thanks Horizon.
I agree mate and my old PZ Habu is looking a bit shabby too so i'll be looking at getting the airframe only version if we get one,so i'll just put the guts out of one Habu into the new Habu 2 .

Now we don't have to worry about getting spare parts for the old Habu any more.

Thanks HH/PZ now what's the next warbird on your list please.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
You obviously ignored the part of my post where I stated by belief that Horizon's customer service is second to none. On this issue I couldnt agree more. But, come on now, you dont really believe Parkzone makes these things in Illinois do you? They go to the same places in Asia that alot of other companies go to, to get there products manufactured. You should know this.
Parkzone is run by some pretty smart people and they know their loyal customers will more for a product with their stamp on it. And, in some cases, so will I.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvinvegas View Post
To Compare HH products to other Vendors is just utterly ridiculous.

Please let me continue to pay the HH/PZ pricing structure. That way I will get a quality plane, manual, support and parts. The others, BH, HK, Nitroplanes, etc. fail in several of these areas.

Anyone who has spent anytime building and flying both sides of this argument knows. 90% of the time get:

foam deformed
NO Customer service
If you get a manual at all, it most likely will have the wrong CG
Bent pust rods.
The list goes on and on.

I get that HH / PZ / Eflite stuff comes from china, but the differnce is HH doesn't accept the crap the chinese factories try to push off on them. Why do you think there has been such a long delay on the F4.
Another point to remember is HH products are engineered in Illinois. And must meet their much higher standards.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:10 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,661 Posts
Sweet! 2 bad i had to do all this myself 2 yrs ago on my habu, but hey it taught me a lot about moding as it was my 1st edf and modding task. This will be a great jet and a great 1st edf... ithink for others. Great work PZ/HH!!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Apr 14, 2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
I drank it, and it is good.
United States, OH, Powell
Joined Sep 2009
395 Posts
Argh.... Who wants a lightly used V1 Habu? This thing looks awesome in the new paint scheme!
mustang347 is offline Find More Posts by mustang347
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I fly a Habu 1 with 6S 2600mAh packs...Since I fly and belly land in grass the flaps do me no good as they will strip on landing...The Habu II will be great for those that fly from asphalt with no worries about ripping the gear and flaps out on landing...I would like for HH to offer both Habu 1 and Habu II....How about it, HH????

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:57 AM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
Running on 5's with the esc upgrade what is estimated top end of this plane. The retracts should help in this respect due to less drag. My best guess is going to be about 105 mph in level passes.
Gentleman place your bets.
flydown is online now Find More Posts by flydown