SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
You can switch between conditions with your TX, but you have to set up the parameters for each condition thru the software or with a program box.

Not sure if the ZYX has any way of indicating which condition is selected.
ok but how do i set the radio to switch between conditions
is it something in the software setup?
piledrive is offline Find More Posts by piledrive
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:14 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
You can switch between conditions with your TX, but you have to set up the parameters for each condition thru the software or with a program box.

Not sure if the ZYX has any way of indicating which condition is selected.
hey 2 doggs what part of west La are you from
you are the only person i know of in Louisiana flying the zyx people at my club have never even herd of it LOL so i cant get any help there
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:34 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piledrive View Post
ok but how do i set the radio to switch between conditions
is it something in the software setup?
In the software, click on the "Advanced" settings button. Here's a screen shot from John_NZ's version 1.21 software.

When you click on the down arrow to the right of the "Aux Function" box, you are presented with two choices - either "Switch Heading Mode" whereby flipping your gear switch will select between HH and rate mode, or "Switch Condition" whereby flipping the switch will switch between Condition 1 and Condition 2.

@piledrive - I'm in Shreveport, and my ZYX is actually a CX...!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, LA, Rayne
Joined Apr 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
In the software, click on the "Advanced" settings button. Here's a screen shot from John_NZ's version 1.21 software.

When you click on the down arrow to the right of the "Aux Function" box, you are presented with two choices - either "Switch Heading Mode" whereby flipping your gear switch will select between HH and rate mode, or "Switch Condition" whereby flipping the switch will switch between Condition 1 and Condition 2.

@piledrive - I'm in Shreveport, and my ZYX is actually a CX...!
thanks
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:28 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unochen View Post
ZYX firmware upgrade to version 3.50.rar(only use in ZYX)
http://www.kingwjg.com/zyx/zyx%203.50.rar

ZYX-S firmware upgrade to version 3.50.rar(only use in ZYX-S)
http://www.kingwjg.com/zyx/zyx-s%203.50.rar

1.Optimize the heading hold control, eliminate bouncing when spin brake.
2.Optimize the main rotor control, eliminate swing while tic toc.
3.Accelerate the response speed of joystick, so that the helicopter can follow your hands better.
4.Optimize the pirouette compensation to make pirouette flight more stable.
5.Improve the joystick dead band setting to make stick control smoother.

First Flight Attention with 3.50 Version:
1.During first flight, if there are hunting or swing with you helicopter, please decrease the D gain on corresponding axis first.
2.When tail servo is on neutral point, set the tail pitch to be approximately 8°in the direction that compensates the main rotor torque by adjusting the linkage length.
3.If the brake speed of left and right pirouette are different, please adjust the "Deceleration L" or "Deceleration R". The higher parameter value, the break will be faster.

Firmware upgrade instruction
1.Connect the ZYX gyro to PC by ZYX USB adapter,click "Connect ZYX",make sure it succeed.
2.Open the Firmware in ZYX PC software.
3.Keep the PC,USB adapter and ZYX gyro connecting.Power off ZYX gyro,press "SET" button of gyro and power on.
4.The red lamp is flashing,click "Upgrade" button to start upgrade,the ZYX gyro will restart after successful upgrade.
5.Please make sure your gyro is Tarot ZYX,otherwise the gyro will be damaged.The ZYX gyro does not need to be setup again.

http://www.0577mx.com/news_view.asp?clsid=15&id=268

Tarot ZYX Gyro on gasser

http://youtu.be/UT5DdTi_gXo
I'm trying to upgrade my ZYXs to 3.5. I guess I have to install winzip? Is there any other way to download the program. I'm not a computer guy. When I tried to download winzip, it says I have to purchase it. Is that true?
Thanks guys, Its my first attempt to use only satellite in a Align Trex 25. DFC. I have 4 other ZYX in 450s and 500
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:01 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I'm trying to upgrade my ZYXs to 3.5. I guess I have to install winzip? Is there any other way to download the program. I'm not a computer guy. When I tried to download winzip, it says I have to purchase it. Is that true?
Thanks guys, Its my first attempt to use only satellite in a Align Trex 25. DFC. I have 4 other ZYX in 450s and 500
I use the open source 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I use the open source 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/
I deleted the first download and downloaded the one you linked but it still wants me to purchase the winzip.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:51 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
I deleted the first download and downloaded the one you linked but it still wants me to purchase the winzip.
Sounds you are still trying to open it with winzip. You'll have to right click on the file and open with 7zip.

I've never paid for winzip anyway myself, so you can extract the files & not have to pay for it. It's not blocking you from unzipping the files. Don't worry about it. It's like a continual free trial as far as I know.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:01 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,803 Posts
Hey, thanks a lot for the help. I'll try again tomorrow
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:45 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,008 Posts
If you are using Win XP or Win 7, the unzip and unrar should have been built-in to the Windows Explorer

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:07 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
If you are using Win XP or Win 7, the unzip and unrar should have been built-in to the Windows Explorer

chewy
Hmmm, seems to be no ability to extract winrar archives on my mother-in-laws Win7 machine. (Win7 Home Premium)
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:22 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
upgraded to 3.5 firmware today, have everything set up now, i have just used the 3d soft setting, and i havent changed anything in the advanced menu. hopefully will get a test hover tommorow, do i need to adjust anything in the advanced menu before i try flying?
Also i have set the gain in my handset (futaba 7c) to 36% is that a good start?
Thanks.
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter24 View Post
upgraded to 3.5 firmware today, have everything set up now, i have just used the 3d soft setting, and i havent changed anything in the advanced menu. hopefully will get a test hover tommorow, do i need to adjust anything in the advanced menu before i try flying?
Also i have set the gain in my handset (futaba 7c) to 36% is that a good start?
Thanks.
Peter,

If you have just updated to 3.5 you need to drop our D on the Swash PIDs to 10 (both on Roll and Pitch PID).

Cheers,
Mike.
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:35 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
is it just the d gain on roll, pitch and yaw i need to drop to 10, it currently on 30
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:32 PM
Whoops was it always in 2 bits
United Kingdom, England, Rotherham
Joined Oct 2008
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm, seems to be no ability to extract winrar archives on my mother-in-laws Win7 machine. (Win7 Home Premium)
2Doggs, the file you are trying to open is a WinRar file, WinZip still does not open them, although 7zip will (i think). For info WinRAR will open all the compressed files I've seen.

PM me if you are still having issues.

Kev
bionicbone is offline Find More Posts by bionicbone