HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RTF Thumper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 08:22 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Discussion
Smooth Air Smooth ROG Scale like

Scale Flying 23 July 2011 (4 min 37 sec)

RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:17 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
ROG means "rise off grass"

Nice smooth take off though- I've enjoyed watching you fly that little plane.
Are all these vids the same plane?
Have you had any issues/repairs that you have had to deal with?
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Jul 23, 2011, 09:51 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
OOps Im a newbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
ROG means "rise off grass"

Nice smooth take off though- I've enjoyed watching you fly that little plane.
Are all these vids the same plane?
Have you had any issues/repairs that you have had to deal with?
This Lil guy is the toughest plane i think ever made. I had to replace the wing after a nasty mid air with my son and his new Champ. About five days later I had to repair with a little foam safe CA on a cracked motor mount after attempting a inverted loop, did two and on the third the battery was just not up to it or the wind got me and had about a three foot bounce and thats it. I fly three or four times a week for an average of 40 to 60 minutes. or using my two batteries twice per session.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:00 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
Awesome- my kids got me a Flyzone Playmate for Father's Day. I bought though a friend that runs a hobby business. Both planes developed problems after just a few flights. Flew great at first. Maybe that little Champ is the way to go. It would be nice to have a little plane to fly in the back yard, while babysitting the smoker, or grilling or just catch a quick flight before dark. Thanks for sharing
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
Hey, you are not that far away, you need to get a combat wing and come and fly with us sometime. We have a very loosely organized club that is very active. You would be welcome to fly the Champ or any other electric plane you might happen to show up with.

I'm still sort of a newbie too, at any time there's a good chance I may be full of crap

If you are looking for the next step I would highly recommend the HZ Supercub LP.
There are other planes out there that would be fine too. My son and I taught ourselves to fly with Slow Sticks and did OK. Learned a lot but fixed a lot too. When other son started flying with us we chose the Supercub. Great manners and very fixable. Still may not roll on grass w/o bigger wheels but tons of fun. Keep up the great work!

If you are ever down this way
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...35791&page=253
Last edited by jetpackninja; Jul 23, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:59 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Combat Wing !!!!! Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
Hey, you are not that far away, you need to get a combat wing and come and fly with us sometime. We have a very loosely organized club that is very active. You would be welcome to fly the Champ or any other electric plane you might happen to show up with.

I'm still sort of a newbie too, at any time there's a good chance I may be full of crap

If you are looking for the next step I would highly recommend the HZ Supercub LP.
There are other planes out there that would be fine too. My son and I taught ourselves to fly with Slow Sticks and did OK. Learned a lot but fixed a lot too. When other son started flying with us we chose the Supercub. Great manners and very fixable. Still may not roll on grass w/o bigger wheels but tons of fun. Keep up the great work!
If you are ever down this way
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...35791&page=253
Sounds great just dont know a thing about it. Sound fantasic, Hell I was putting
1/8 inch wide 36 inch long strips of toilet paper behind our Champs. That resulted in a head on mid-air collision. My 27 year old son was not pleased untill he found out my plane was the only one crunched......He will learn all about fixen and glueing just give it time. lol
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:55 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
Hahahahaha-
This is how we do it. We fly almost every weekend year round but twice a year we do a BIG one
RC Combat Event: SWARM April 2011 (10 min 21 sec)
Old Jul 23, 2011, 11:57 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
Oh yeah- and this- Cheers
SWARM April 2011 -- Episode 2: Watch the Birdie! (10 min 35 sec)
Old Jul 24, 2011, 08:39 AM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
wow

I need a bigger plane to fly with yall, And develop some better building skills lol
looks like a over dose of fun lmao.