2,129 Posts
No helicopters yet?
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Donaghadee
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Just new to RC and i think your RCDP is great, i am just about to get a Spektrum DX5e (I won it sending star letter to a RC magazine), but can you tell me where to purchase a interface or how to make one and what parts i would need to Connect a DX5e to my pc to operate the RCDP.
Any help would be greatful.
WM
whyworry is offline Find More Posts by whyworry
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Nov 2009
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyworry View Post
Just new to RC and i think your RCDP is great, i am just about to get a Spektrum DX5e (I won it sending star letter to a RC magazine), but can you tell me where to purchase a interface or how to make one and what parts i would need to Connect a DX5e to my pc to operate the RCDP.
WM
You should find what you need here... http://shop.tomsrc.com/product_info....roducts_id=261
or most rc/hobby shops carry something similar.

You picked a good sim to start out with. Training your hands to react in the sim will greatly improve your confidence when flying the real thing.

I'm sure Davy the author, will appreciate your nice comment.

Cheers
Eves is offline Find More Posts by Eves
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Sep 2010
288 Posts
Quote:
WM
Use smartpropoplus (it's freeware) and a male-male audio cable.
numanair is offline Find More Posts by numanair
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Oct 2010
70 Posts
hi is their any update on making your own scenery and tri or quad copters?
RCICE is offline Find More Posts by RCICE
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:27 PM
in the beginning...
United States, MO, De Soto
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
is there any EDF or turbine jets for rcdp? i cant seem to find any if there are.
thanks
boats
bm2thirsty is offline Find More Posts by bm2thirsty
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:30 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz View Post
No helicopters yet?
Sorry, I found the helis. Haven't had much time lately.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,678 Posts
Brooklyn Aerodrome Towel for RCDP

Hi folks,

Just finished up a Brooklyn Aero Towel for RC Desk Pilot.

Check it out.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Jun 2009
404 Posts
Every time I run the version 0.13 I get errors, whereas an earlier version (from about 1.5-2 years ago) worked fine.
Here are the two error windows (see the attached pictures).

Can anyone help me fix it ?
flylowfast is offline Find More Posts by flylowfast
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:29 AM
in the beginning...
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
gunner, i gotta say me and my son are having a blast with the sim and alot of your planes. My question is why are some of the planes elevators behaving like it was a 3d plane? i dont know which ones off the top of my head or if they are even your designs. But they are a few HWT types and i think a jet, is there a way to fix this on my part?
thanks
boats
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:42 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,678 Posts
Well, without knowing which specific airplane you mean, perhaps I can take a guess about which one you are talking about.

The pusher jets usually have high power and high control throws. The power lets them go vertical and the high control throws let them do harriers and other acrobatic moves. Usually, a flyer will set their transmitter up with dual rates, that is, high rates for harriers and 3D type moves and low rates for flying around the paddock.

Well, if you do not have dual rates in the sim, you have to model high rates or low rates. If you only model low rates, you cannot harrier the pusher jet. So, we model high rates.

If you want to tame that model, load the .par file into the editor and adjust the flight physics to reduce the "Effectiveness" of the elevator, aileron and rudder if the airplane has them. You will find the slider bars for this under the [Physics] tab and the [Flight Parameters] button.

-- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
in the beginning...
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
ok i tested it out and it seems that the geebee texaco was the one i must have been talking about, i cant fly it for nothing, the sbach is also super hard for me, they both want to do a complete 360 flip as soon as i take off unless i barely move the stick (like 1 mm).

i have no clue about .par files and editors maybe ill do some looking around on it, but i dont want to screw anything up so i'll probably just not fly them planes. Which sucks as i'd like to practice 3d,
thanks for the help
boats
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:22 AM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
You should be able to fly them, even with no rates on... and if you cant then it may be a function of experience.

I would practice flying with the less extreme planes in the sim first and work your way up.

You can also simply open the model editor. Go to flying parameters and reduce the effectiveness of the controls by about half and see how you like to fly it. If you cant figure it out after some stuffing around I can walk you through the steps

Cheers - boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:36 AM
United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Donaghadee
Joined Jul 2012
10 Posts
Flying into space

Don't get rid of being able to fly into space, add a moon that you can fly to from earth and fly around and back to earth, that would be great fun for the younger ones who are just being introduced to the hobby
whyworry is offline Find More Posts by whyworry
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:02 PM
NSW, Australia
Joined Feb 2011
2,120 Posts
Quote:
Don't get rid of being able to fly into space, add a moon that you can fly to from earth and fly around and back to earth, that would be great fun for the younger ones who are just being introduced to the hobby
Awesome idea

- boingk
boingk is offline Find More Posts by boingk