Oct 25, 2013, 10:02 AM
Demonstrations on Saturdays!
Thread OP
Rant

Is this normal SOP?

So I need some small parts I wanted to change out on an ARF I'm assembling. Don't want to wait on China so I see what I'm looking for these guys from a Google link. Let's try 'em out!
Picked out my parts, went through checkout with my PayPal all done.
Wrong.
I look at my PayPal account today and I see a refund for the total purchase price from these guys. No email saying sorry. Would have never known if I didn't see it in PayPal.
Is this how it works normally?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2013, 10:03 AM
dusty bible = dirty life
Happened to me couple of weeks ago. and it took 10 days to get my money back out of paypal.
Oct 25, 2013, 11:14 AM
Can you give me the order number so I can check on what's going on with the order.
Oct 25, 2013, 07:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenCharlie
Can you give me the order number so I can check on what's going on with the order.
I don't know. I checked out as a guest with PayPal. Needed 6 of http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-1009.html
and 1 of http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-1010.html.
Oct 30, 2013, 02:19 PM
Thread OP
Got this PM from RaidenCharlie.......

"RE: "Is this normal SOP?" thread
When you make the order, there is a spot for you to enter your email. Did you enter a email? You should receive a order confirmation email right after the order was made by Yahoo, if you got none of these give me the shipping zip code and the last name on the order I can use that to locate the order. "

Yahoo sent me a confirmation and as usual I erased it. I let PayPal keep track of my purchases for me. The last name is Curry at 95695.
Oct 31, 2013, 11:09 AM
The order number is 2142692, this is what the billing department emailed you when they canceled the order.

"Due to a technical error, your order has been cancelled. Please re-order from our website hobbypartz.com. We apologize for any inconvenience." The email was sent to you on 10/23/2013 at 3:36PM.

I have no idea why the order was canceled, I have been with this company for over 3 years and this is the first time I have seen something like this happen.
Oct 31, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
OK, all I remember is seeing "order confirmation" in the subject line and I deleted it without reading it so it could be. Maybe I'll try next time. I already have parts coming from elsewhere.
Maybe you could follow up with Majortomski in post 2 on his.

Thanks
Nov 01, 2013, 11:34 AM
As stated in his post he already has had the funds back in his account. So I assume everything is fine on his order.

If the order is processed into our system and a email stating that it was processed for shipment that means you have been charged. Only one person has the access to the PayPal account and that is one of bosses of the company. He processes PayPal orders when he can, that is probably why it took so long for him to get this refund.

Now in your case the order was fresh and not processed into our own system. Due to the error the Yahoo store canceled the transaction and the money was sent back to you right away.
Nov 05, 2013, 01:24 AM
Wingman
My Order yhst-62196343123315-410917 was placed on oct 31 and so far i have gotten the confirmation email but otherwise i have heard nothing. Bank still shows its processing, but an order i placed at Motion RC at the same time has already cleared and due to arrive tomorrow. Any idea whats going on?
Nov 05, 2013, 12:37 PM
From what I can see on the order it was uploaded into our system on 11/1/13 which is Friday. Orders take about 1-2 business days to process and since we're not open on the weekend the order didn't process and ship till yesterday. The order shipped out via USPS 9405511899248822063891 and is on it's way to you.
Nov 05, 2013, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Great. Glad to see your on it Charlie. I'll give you another try next time I need something.

Thanks

Quick Reply