HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2014, 07:55 PM
Joined Nov 2013
77 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXl...ew=0&flow=grid
some night and day flying of my first plane apprentice with mobius....
jack sani is offline Find More Posts by jack sani
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:15 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,063 Posts
Since the Stratos is now a wall hanger because the motors and batteries are cooked I have a bunch of extra motors, servos, RX, and ESC. Question for those that have convert, can I use one ESC for two motors? I have two of these motors:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1100kv.html

I'm not planning to have differently thrust, but will add some ailerions, might even flatten the wing a bit too.
jrtubb is online now Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Building a Sig Herr Air Boss
Old Feb 13, 2014, 09:00 AM
United States, NY, Queens
Joined Oct 2005
2,238 Posts
If you are using brushed motors, you can have one ESC control several motors. However, if you go to brushless, you MUST have a separate ESC for each motor. Take a look at the specs for the ParkZone Mosquito.
Leo L is online now Find More Posts by Leo L
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:30 AM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,063 Posts
Thanks for the help. I was looking at the plane last night, I think I'll first clean her up and convert to orange RX and a brushed speed control with the stock motors. I checked the batteries last night and we still have 3 in fairly good shape. This way I can sort out any issues with original performance first then move to brushless next.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:22 AM
What goes up .....
Australia, QLD, Mermaid Beach
Joined Oct 2013
109 Posts
Had a close call with my Drifter today. Had major problem with a flight. Finished up diving straight down from 15m then flicked up 600mm above the dirt and landed heavily on it's wheels. Well after that I needed a quite flight, so I went home and got the Firebird. I took it for 2 flights without any issues. That's what I like about this plane. It can calm stressed nerves. Now I'm ready to put the Drifter back up in the morning. Had to fix a lose elevator. Not sure if that was the problem or a miss placed battery. Still I think I will continue to take the Firebird to the field as a backup plane.
Seacondor is offline Find More Posts by Seacondor
Old Mar 23, 2014, 05:36 PM
Joined Mar 2014
1 Posts
I am interested in "wear parts" like propellers and prop nosecones, but the originals are priced a bit high. i live in finland and combined postal costs come a bit high for one pair (L&R rotation) of props.

has someone found a alternative set of propellers to stratos that have good handling characteristics, like the original props have(duh). i have seen some 2,5 or even 10 prop bundles over ebay and i would be glad to buy a set of 5 props for both L and R sides.

Also, nosecones are also coming off/getting broken and lost. any DIY ideas are welcome also.
iikkak is offline Find More Posts by iikkak
Old Mar 23, 2014, 07:56 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iikkak View Post
I am interested in "wear parts" like propellers and prop nosecones, but the originals are priced a bit high. i live in finland and combined postal costs come a bit high for one pair (L&R rotation) of props.

has someone found a alternative set of propellers to stratos that have good handling characteristics, like the original props have(duh). i have seen some 2,5 or even 10 prop bundles over ebay and i would be glad to buy a set of 5 props for both L and R sides.

Also, nosecones are also coming off/getting broken and lost. any DIY ideas are welcome also.

I really can't help with the props. As far as nose cones fly without them I do, and have a set I could glue on but they are not needed.
Ginohio is online now Find More Posts by Ginohio
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:22 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,063 Posts
My son never broke the props and it was cashed a lot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:50 PM
United States, OH
Joined Mar 2012
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
My son never broke the props and it was cashed a lot.
well I flew mine wing in to a storage shed and bent my prop. I was distracted coming in for a landing my nephew decided to dive bomb me with his Champ
trying to be funny. I love the break away wings on this thing.
Ginohio is online now Find More Posts by Ginohio