|Jun 19, 2004, 09:03 PM|
3 things i learned today...
havent flown in several weeks and learned 3 things today.
1. when you launch your switchback (2s lipo/ gws 350C motor) by tossing it vertical, your heart rate will jump considerably until the moment levels out for flight.
2. when you fly in the evening, and the lighting isnt so good, and youre performing aerobatics, it is a good idea to have a little altitude. (you would have thought i would have learned when i crashed a few months ago doing this)
3. want to know the most stupid way to break a prop?? once you land and you decide to drive your plane on the ground back to the car (grassy field) - run into a weed.
no crashing resulted from any event listed above. and besides these things, boy did i miss flying
|Jun 20, 2004, 03:11 AM|
Hmm... How about:
1) When a bug decides to buzz around your eyes while you're flying, LAND - then worry about the bug.
2) After mangling your plane, when you go to fly your next one, remember to update the model selection.
(Luckily, didn't mangle D-VII)
3) When flying in a park where they need to mow badly, wear insect repellent...
Either way, I had some fun today, and now I have an excuse to build another Corsair. Yay!
Actually, the Spitfire could be fixed, but, well, it's lived a long life (8 months) and it's time for something new.
|Jun 20, 2004, 06:58 PM|
well thats the great thing - not all that much money for a new plane (if you dont need the radio gear).
p.s. - i also learned the thing about bugs living in florida - whe you fly near water and the winds die down in the evening - out come the blood sucking mosquitoes.maybe thats why i dont mine a *little* wind in the evenings
|Jun 21, 2004, 11:49 AM|
Joined Mar 2004
When you decide to use a small screw to hold your GWS EPS motor on the stick rather than the hot melt glue you have used for months, make sure you put the screw in before launching out over a lake.
Motor pulled off but I was able to glide in with it hanging by it's wire. I never had a water landing before, it was fun! I was so close to the dock too, just three more feet and it would have made it.
Fortunately everything dried out and to my amazement is working!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion Things I learned today||Lee||Utah Flyers Organization||73||May 28, 2009 03:06 AM|
|Things that I learned today (Warning: carnage shots)...||flipnidaho||Foamies (Kits)||18||Jan 26, 2003 02:13 AM|
|UL Lithium Polys - What I learned today||Capt. Electron||Parkflyers||15||Aug 03, 2002 02:53 PM|
|Discussion Things I learned from my Mom!!||Don Sims||Humor||0||May 03, 2002 08:56 AM|