New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2015, 10:33 PM
Find More Posts by lndcrzr
United States, OR, Eugene
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
Rant
Watch out for HobbyKing USA west

I am into my second week following placing an order and it still hasn't shipped. Have contacted them twice and they said and item was backordered. All items showed in stock on the website. Don't trust what their website says as far as items being in stock. The person I spoke with online said he would have the in stock items shipped and backorder the out of stock items. Well that hasn't happened either. I am just hoping to save someone a headache by posting this. That and maybe rc groups shouldn't actively advertise for a place of business that cant even treat their customers fairly. I will never order form Hobby king again.
lndcrzr is offline Find More Posts by lndcrzr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2015, 10:51 PM
Find More Posts by kimchiyuk
United States, NY, Eldred
Joined Jun 2012
1,354 Posts
It's unfortunate that you are experiencing this, but it's not always the case. Many, many people buy from Hobby King with no issues. I hope they get it resolved for you.
kimchiyuk is offline Find More Posts by kimchiyuk
Old Apr 07, 2015, 10:56 PM
Find More Posts by tommy2toes
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Nov 2011
131 Posts
simply cancel your order. get your cash back. ive had that happen once or twice in 56 orders they will usually give a instore credit for being late shipping out if you ask them or say tell them you deserve that credit. cause you do. so i got $10.00 credit on my order 8 days late shipping out.
hope it works out for ya. tommy
tommy2toes is offline Find More Posts by tommy2toes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Arkbird OSD w/gps plug n play
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:07 PM
Find More Posts by AntiArf
Joined Feb 2013
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndcrzr View Post
I am into my second week following placing an order and it still hasn't shipped. Have contacted them twice and they said and item was backordered. All items showed in stock on the website. Don't trust what their website says as far as items being in stock. The person I spoke with online said he would have the in stock items shipped and backorder the out of stock items. Well that hasn't happened either. I am just hoping to save someone a headache by posting this. That and maybe rc groups shouldn't actively advertise for a place of business that cant even treat their customers fairly. I will never order form Hobby king again.
I don't think they people at the warehouse have any more ability to backorder out of stock items, than they do to update the stock count. If they could change the stock count, then there could be employee theft. The scenario creates a problem, since out of stock items showing as in stock, have been known to stay that way and not be corrected. I'm not a fan of the 10+ or under 10 thing either. I'd like to see the actual count that a place claims to have, like it used to be.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:19 PM
SBP
Find More Posts by SBP
SBP
United States, PA, Waynesboro
Joined Aug 2011
100 Posts
I've had good luck ordering from the USA west warehouse. No problems. I quit ordering from the international warehouse, too many problems and weeks for the order to arrive.
SBP is offline Find More Posts by SBP
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Corie
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jul 2013
244 Posts
Contact the US based hobbyking customer service on rcgroups. They get stuff fixed really fast and has the necessary authority to solve issues.
Corie is online now Find More Posts by Corie
Old Apr 08, 2015, 01:38 AM
Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Green Fuel Boy
United States, OR, Newberg
Joined Sep 2009
100 Posts
It happens I have had it happen to me. Either cancel your order or wait for it. All back order customers are filled first. If HobbyKing sends out an email with an arrival notice for an item and you try to buy it, you might not get it if stock levels are low. The people who ordered that item on back order will get it filled first. I have had it happen to me stock was low and it was in stock then put on back order. I am not complaining at all the prices are low enough for me to wait.

They will not ship your order until your back ordered item is either removed or comes in stock. Speak with someone to remove the item on back order. If you do not see a credit for it on your account page it did not happen. They are slow but I have always been treated fair. I have been through this a couple of times with different companies. They ship from Tualatin you should just ask if you can pick up your in stock items.

Tower Hobbies showed in stock and they put my order on hold due to high sales that week end they were short two servos. I can not complain too much I did get my servos it just took longer.

Thank you
GFB
Green Fuel Boy is offline Find More Posts by Green Fuel Boy
Old Apr 08, 2015, 06:51 AM
Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corie View Post
Contact the US based hobbyking customer service on rcgroups. They get stuff fixed really fast and has the necessary authority to solve issues.
Yeah, jump through yet another hoop to contact "some guy" on some RC discussion forum to try and handle "customer service" calls for said company. Makes a whole lot of sense .........not !
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Apr 08, 2015, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,660 Posts
Actually, if I can't get satisfaction from CS, why not go up the ladder to someone who can handle it?

As for theft problems, I know for a fact that where I work has that very problem in it's warehouse. Gang related. It's so bad we now have to inventory every part that shows on our deliveries.
Be it the dozen or so on the multiple daily deliveries or the hundreds and hundreds that show on the main drop in the a.m. All has to be counted and signed for, before it goes up on the shelf. And in the time we've been doing so we've had two , yes 2 deliveries where the count matched the shipping invoice.

And that's just from the warehouse to the shop, who knows what's going out the warehouse back doors.

Same thing occurs there, order something that shows in stock, and guess what? They don't have stock.

And our customer service makes HK's look like Horizons in comparison.

Doo doo happens. Too many have the gotta have it now mentality.

If you gotta have it now, why don't you go to the LHS? Oops, the one that used to be there, before we ran them out of business by buying all our stuff over the net.

Those were amazing places in their time. You could talk face to face with folks who knew the hobby. Not like today where it's read off a script via the phone, or someone who can barely speak English and has no clue what you are talking about.

Soapbox now available, I'm stepping down to go do some flying.
Glacier Girl is online now Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Apr 08, 2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,732 Posts
LHS's also disappeared because you can't make money having 100,000 items in stock for a trading area of 10,000 people.
It's a myth anyway that they had stuff in stock all the time.

Look at the product breadth today. Who can carry the trucks, cars, aircraft, radios that might be wanted by an individual who might walk in. Our LHS orders for us. Just one step beyond ordering yourself.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 08, 2015, 04:39 PM
Find More Posts by AntiArf
Joined Feb 2013
843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
LHS's also disappeared because you can't make money having 100,000 items in stock for a trading area of 10,000 people.
It's a myth anyway that they had stuff in stock all the time.

Look at the product breadth today. Who can carry the trucks, cars, aircraft, radios that might be wanted by an individual who might walk in. Our LHS orders for us. Just one step beyond ordering yourself.
I used to order from the LHS. They certainly can't afford to stock a bunch of junk that constantly goes obsolete. Nice thing about ordering from them is they had weekly crates delivered from the major suppliers, so with the volume shipping you got free shipping. Of course people didn't want to order from an LHS and wait a week, but they'll order online now and wait a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier Girl View Post
Actually, if I can't get satisfaction from CS, why not go up the ladder to someone who can handle it?

As for theft problems, I know for a fact that where I work has that very problem in it's warehouse. Gang related. It's so bad we now have to inventory every part that shows on our deliveries.
Be it the dozen or so on the multiple daily deliveries or the hundreds and hundreds that show on the main drop in the a.m. All has to be counted and signed for, before it goes up on the shelf. And in the time we've been doing so we've had two , yes 2 deliveries where the count matched the shipping invoice.

And that's just from the warehouse to the shop, who knows what's going out the warehouse back doors.

Same thing occurs there, order something that shows in stock, and guess what? They don't have stock.

And our customer service makes HK's look like Horizons in comparison.

Doo doo happens. Too many have the gotta have it now mentality.

If you gotta have it now, why don't you go to the LHS? Oops, the one that used to be there, before we ran them out of business by buying all our stuff over the net.

Those were amazing places in their time. You could talk face to face with folks who knew the hobby. Not like today where it's read off a script via the phone, or someone who can barely speak English and has no clue what you are talking about.

Soapbox now available, I'm stepping down to go do some flying.
Good to see that touched base on again, from your own experience where you work at. I think people will realize why these stock counters are not correct, and do not get corrected. It has to be done from the top, or someone they trust.
AntiArf is offline Find More Posts by AntiArf
Old Apr 08, 2015, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf View Post
I used to order from the LHS. They certainly can't afford to stock a bunch of junk that constantly goes obsolete. Nice thing about ordering from them is they had weekly crates delivered from the major suppliers, so with the volume shipping you got free shipping. Of course people didn't want to order from an LHS and wait a week, but they'll order online now and wait a week.
Good point. Now if I didn't need to drive 50 miles to the LHS !
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 08, 2015, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Garret H
USA, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Sep 2007
2,020 Posts
The west warehouse just moved and they are having major problems right now...orders are missing product and they know it. I've gotten emails from them after placing orders saying they think they left out an item and I should contact them with what is missing. The first time they were good about crediting my bonus points with the missing items. The second and third times have been more difficult...took 2 weeks and lots of emails to convince them they left out $200 in product. Order from the east warehouse until they get the bugs fixed!

Garret
Garret H is offline Find More Posts by Garret H
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2015, 05:04 AM
Find More Posts by Cornbird
Joined Jan 2006
32 Posts
United Hobbies AKA Hobby King

Watch out - especially if they can cover up a deceptive deal like sending you a previously returned item.... This is a NEW orx orange transmitter module! We cut the heat shrink so it could be placed in a chassis......here's what we found:
Cornbird is offline Find More Posts by Cornbird
Last edited by Cornbird; Apr 10, 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by unknownflier
you-know-me ...
United States, CA, Redlands
Joined Jul 2013
116 Posts
I see the soldering job but, what tells you it was returned?
unknownflier is online now Find More Posts by unknownflier