HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2002, 09:39 AM
I ment to do that!
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jul 2002
249 Posts
FTM GeeBee R1 Photo shoot....add yours

Now if the wind would just die down we can go racing.
acr1346 is offline Find More Posts by acr1346
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:28 AM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Its Alive!!!!

Well, the wind died down here this morning, and Jeez! Louise! it flies great! A few clicks of 'up' and three clicks right trim, and wow! what a gas! I flew it for about 10 minutes (no noticeable loss of power), but had to bring it in because I had drawn a crowd of 'elders' out for their morning walks. All the men knew it was the Gee-Bee, and even the old ladies thought it rocked.
I have a tendency to fly into poles, trees, buildings, what ever is close. Today was no excecption; I tried to stuff it into a light post. One snatch at the elevator, and we just zoomed over the top. It is very responsive, but even with the throws set to the max they recommend, it was not twitchy, and control was smooth and positive.
To the guy with the ineffective elevator problem, I had to toss in a couple of clicks 'up' to keep the nose off the ground on take off, but after that it works just fine...
Here is my preflight shot...
Mike Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Mike Taylor
Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:31 AM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Here's another angle. Notice the silver motor and black-outs in the cowling... This is a serously fun flier (although I am still soaked in sweat from first flight jitters).
I would like to see another one fly on the recommended batteries to see if I am giving up anything with the LiPolys. Anybody else in So Cal building one?
Old Nov 13, 2002, 11:49 AM
Tel-Aviv,Israel
Joined Apr 2001
457 Posts
Hi! !
Great airplane you got there !
what are the specs (other then very small ) ? and, where can I find one ?

looks good !

Avi
avie is offline Find More Posts by avie
Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:12 PM
an earth bound misfit, I
St. Pete, Florida
Joined Sep 2001
9,429 Posts
Lookin' great guys! Very pretty.

ACR, that was fast. thanks for the motivation I needed to get me moving on #2. #1 is repaired again after the crash you saw yesterday.

While making a roll with the beta GeeBee I kinda lost it and almost recovered but ran out of of air and clipped the landing gear.

BC

Avie, check it out here:

http://www.fan-tasticmodels.com/geebee_order.htm
Basketcase is offline Find More Posts by Basketcase
Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:28 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Avi,
This is the brand new (like week and a half old) kit released by Fantastic Models (http://www.fan-tasticmodels.com/). It is 30" WS, 21" LOA, and the fuselage is 6" diameter, foam construction, GWS IPS dual-drive powered, and carries micro-sized conventional gear. Weight on mine is 10 3/4 oz. with 2x1020mah LiPoly batteries. Nicad powered ones would run 11 to 12 oz. Construction took me about 12 hours total (plus waiting for the glue and paint to dry overnight in a couple of places).
This is a very cool kit. It essentially flew right out of the box, no adjustments needed to CG, and no ballast required, and just a couple of clicks top trim it out...
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:17 AM
Tel-Aviv,Israel
Joined Apr 2001
457 Posts
Hi !
Thanks for the info. I am seriously considering getting one, though I would need to get some low amp equipment ( my 3000 packs won't cut it...)

Avi
avie is offline Find More Posts by avie
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:15 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,941 Posts
Mike, you really must have been sweating hard, look at those wet foot prints near the plane. . Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Nov 14, 2002, 05:52 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Tom,
Good eye! I was sweating the first flight, but the had just watered the park lawns in the early AM...
Old Nov 14, 2002, 06:01 PM
Leave me alone!
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
15,106 Posts
Great pics! Thanks!

Martin
Martin Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Martin Hunter
Old Nov 14, 2002, 06:29 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
907 Posts
Looks great, i really want one but the kit cost 110 bucks way too high for me (looks around at his brushless motors and other kits) ok maybe not but still......did Fantastic models lower their prices? I think there jet ands the gee bee were more a few weeks ago.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Last edited by JStory; Nov 14, 2002 at 06:32 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:39 PM
Southlake, Tx
Joined Apr 2002
370 Posts
No price changes here. The Gee Bee can be had locally for 100 plus tax if no shipping and handling required. You can arrange to pick one up at the factory, if you can get over there. We predict that Roys Hobby Shop in Bedford will have them for that, soon.

The jets are still 70, shipping included.
FanTasticModels is offline Find More Posts by FanTasticModels
Last edited by FanTasticModels; Nov 14, 2002 at 08:51 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 07:45 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2001
907 Posts
Oh ok cool, dont get me wrong im not knocking it becasue of the price im sure it is well worth it.
JStory is offline Find More Posts by JStory
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:29 PM
BOSS
New Jersey (excl EWR), United States
Joined Apr 2002
4,983 Posts
i got a question,

Is the plane 3 or 4 chanels?
On the site it says:

Controls:
Aileron, Elevator, Throttle with coupled rudder, still only requiring two servos

How is that possible.

Do you think i can see a photo if posible??????

jon
j_z_123 is offline Find More Posts by j_z_123
Old Nov 14, 2002, 08:46 PM
Team 30 Micro EDF
Camarillo, California
Joined Apr 2002
4,516 Posts
Rudder is coupled to the ailerons, not the throttle...